Terriers

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Terriers

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Anybody watching the new FX show Terriers with Donal Logue and Michael Raymond-James?

There are very few "new" shows (ones within the last, oh, 15 years or so) that I like (most of them I don't even try anymore), but this one I really, really like! It's about a pair of unlicensed private investigators (one is an Ex-cop and recovering alcoholic, the other is his friend, a former criminal) set against the backdrop of recession-torn southern California (Ocean Beach, San Diego). Gritty, funny, great characters, great locale, great cast. I'm really digging this show. Donal Logue just nails this role and carries the show on his back (ala TS). In a lot ways the show reminds me of Simon & Simon (if there were two Ricks and no A.J.), and not just because it's set in San Diego.

I'm just hoping and praying that it makes it past that difficult "first season". The reviews are great, but the ratings are just so-so.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

I've been wanting to see this one. The ads for it look great. It's nice to see Private Investigator shows making a comeback.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Terriers has been canceled after 13 fantastic episodes due to low ratings. :(

It seems like every other show I get into this happens; The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Freeks and Geeks, Firefly. Why!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#4 Post by N1095A »

That sucks !

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

James, remind me to send you a list of shows I like so they'll be safe :D

I had never heard of the show. Maybe Fox should pump some of the shows it has on FX during it's NFL games.

N1095A

#6 Post by N1095A »

I've (now) watched a couple of episodes online, and I like it. It's always the good ones that get the big ugly axe. Just like "Jericho".

gmt16750
Captain

#7 Post by gmt16750 »

i was looking if anyone regretted this show, and i found your post!
What a pity they shot it down, Terriers had the potential to become a funny serie with great characters!
I really liked the ambiance and that mix of serious matters and usual life troubles all apprehended in a very cool attitude by the protagonists.
Can't understand why they stopped it :(
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!