Starsky and Hutch

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

Starsky and Hutch

#1 Post by zebra3 »

You know I figured that there was a Starsky and Hutch thread buried back in one of the first pages, but when I finally decided I wanted to post on it, I came to realize that there was not one.

So here it is:
The Starsky and Hutch Thread.

I own all the episodes on DVD, and have seen each probably twice, once straight through and once just running through them randomly based on desire and time of day. If anyone wants to discuss a certain episode, or has a question or anything, it might be fun to do that here.

As far as what my [above stated] need for a S&H page was, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find the four theme songs from the show.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#2 Post by Mavrick »

Well I found this on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1grF2rXpM

I hope this helps
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Seaver41 »

loved Starsky and Hutch............probably moreso in reruns than original run......it was dying near the end. Chemistry was the key. To this day the most powerful episodes was the one with Hutch being turned into a junkie and Starsky nursing him back to normal..........I believe candy was the remedy..........who knew.....lol

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Gosh, havn't seen the show in ages! Didn't see that many in syndication (I was a bit too young during the original run). The only things I remember are Huggy Bear and the episodes that featured Kim Catrell and Norman Fell! LOL! They may have been the only two episodes I saw. :)

Every time I see David Soul I immediately start singing "Don't Give Up on Us"! I don't know why. Watch, here I go...

Don't give up on us, baby
We're still worth one more try
I know we put a last one by
Just for a rainy evening
When maybe stars are few
Don't give up on us, I know
We can still come through...
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by zebra3 »

There was a long time when I sang that song very frequently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8APrYU2Gs

Sorry I don't know how to embed that so you don't have to click the link.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Great, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the night! Yesterday it was Dan Fogelberg's "Same Old Lang Syne", now it's "Don't Give Up on Us". Not bad songs to have stuck in your head, actually. I absolutely adore "Same Old Lang Syne". I'm officially old now. ;)

Getting back to Starsky & Hutch, I really would like to see some more episodes. For some reason, I don't remember the show airing in syndication all that much in my parts. Or maybe it was, and I just didn't know where to look for it.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#7 Post by Mavrick »

How great is that, I had that song playing at my wedding reception Don't give up on us baby, always brings a tear o my eye and a smile in my heart

Now for the Dan Fogelberg song,, I love the song don't get me wrong but if you listen to it carefuly the time line is all mess up, it starts on Christmas eve and they meet in a grocery store and by the end of the song they are sitting in the back seat of here car drinking a six pack one per hour and by the end of the song it makes you feel like it is newyears eve, so whats going on with that either they spent about a week in the grocery store or that was some really strong beer and they woke up just in time for new years, well anyways that my take on the song LOL
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Seaver41 wrote:loved Starsky and Hutch............probably moreso in reruns than original run......it was dying near the end. Chemistry was the key. To this day the most powerful episodes was the one with Hutch being turned into a junkie and Starsky nursing him back to normal..........I believe candy was the remedy..........who knew.....lol
Wow! Now that is probably my favourite S&H episode too. It's called the Fix and its in season 1. But I like all the episodes where Starsky & Hutch have to rely on each other. Trust is such a strong bond between the two.

I am a huge S&H fan, I even bought the blue and white vintage adidas shoes that Starsky is wearing! :lol:

Here's me in Starsky's adidas sneakers outside Hutch's apartment "Venice Place":

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by zebra3 »

How cool would it be to live there?

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

I certainly checked that out!! Unfortunately you can't live there, there is a yoga studio in there now. I didn't dare going up the stairs although the door was open, but I didn't want to disturb. But I was dying to go up and stick my head round the door. See the piano on the left, the sofa straight on and the kitchen behind.... bathroom on the right... :lol: :lol: :lol:

On this pic you can see the stairs leading up. And of course the whole building, with the name Venice Place still on it.
Those trees were just little when they filmed the show and you could easily miss them if you don't specifically look out for them, but they were definitely already there in the 70's!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Magnum T. »

I am just watching the entire series on DVD, I am at the beginning of the fourth season.
I used to watch it when I was a child and had vague memories of a good show.
To be honest, the main reason for buying the series was the second season (double) episode "The Las Vegas Strangler", co-starring the gorgeous Lynda Carter, but I am enjoying the whole series.
One thing surprised me, they had a different theme practically for each season. I just remembered the most famous one.
Starsky is my favourite of the two, very cool with those blue sneakers and that "Striped Tomato"!.
A great car to have, along with a 308GTS.

@Visiting Stewardess
Really nice pictures!
Not only the shoes but even those shorts and the T-shirt are in Starsky-Style!
You are very cool yourself!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Thanks very much Magnum T.
I've worked hard on that style! All that's missing now is Starsky's pulled up tennis socks, but I think I gladly miss out on these!!!

Although Hutch is my favourite character, I much prefer Starsky's style.
He usually got the better clothes, although if you watch closely you sometimes find they ear each other's clothes (usually the sweaters). I read that they were the same size and used to fight over who wears what in the earlier seasons before they started shooting.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Magnum T. »

Hutch is the educated one, Starsky the light-hearted.
They are both good characters but I prefer Starsky style too.
Visiting Stewardess wrote:Thanks very much Magnum T.
I've worked hard on that style! All that's missing now is Starsky's pulled up tennis socks, but I think I gladly miss out on these!!!
I think you miss (or not, you tell me) the most iconic piece of clothing of the series: the famous Starsky's cardigan!
Strangely, it seems they used it only in three episodes (one being the pilot).
Altough we see it always on DS, I think it could be very sexy weared by a girl.
Visiting Stewardess wrote:I read that they were the same size and used to fight over who wears what in the earlier seasons before they started shooting.
Really?
Absolutely hilarious!
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Magnum T. wrote: I think you miss (or not, you tell me) the most iconic piece of clothing of the series: the famous Starsky's cardigan!
No, I haven't got the "Starsky sweater" yet, simply because it is just too pricey. I found a website that makes it to size, but they charge $170 for it. A bit much for a sweater!
Magnum T. wrote: Really?
Absolutely hilarious!
Reading about all the behind-the-camera stuff is indeed very entertaining. Must have been mad in those days! I am just glad these two are still friends to this day.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Magnum T. »

Visiting Stewardess wrote:No, I haven't got the "Starsky sweater" yet, simply because it is just too pricey. I found a website that makes it to size, but they charge $170 for it. A bit much for a sweater!
You got a link? I'd like to take a look, although I'm pretty sure they don't ship to Italy :wink:
Visiting Stewardess wrote:Reading about all the behind-the-camera stuff is indeed very entertaining. Must have been mad in those days! I am just glad these two are still friends to this day.
I remember to have read somewhere that David Soul was having bad days.
Do you know something about?
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"