1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#76 Post by sophia »

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#77 Post by J.J. Walters »

Fun interview! Loved the little Terminal Island banter. LOL! Jimmy Fallon is great.

And The Roots played a little bit of the MPI theme song! Awesome! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by Steve »

Great interview and it was amazing how spot on AT&T was with their predictions. By the way, I am a bow tie guy and can tell you that TS did an incredible job tying his as normally one side or the other has a tendency to flop a bit..........Last night was the rerun of the season final of the series and they had a preview of the new one next week complete with Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood..............

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by sophia »

Terminal Island is one of the few things Tom has done that I haven't seen.
I will have to watch it now, especially after he begged people not to watch it. :D
Watched the season opener and still think Frank Reagan is my kind of man. And anytime you get to see Tom in a tux is a plus. They won the night in ratings and if you missed the episode you can catch it at cbs.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#80 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Damn. Can't get the Fallon interview outside the US. Not on Youtube yet.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by Steve »

I thought the season opener was terrific. I am still sorely dissapointed that the show and especially Donnie Wahlberg were not nomintated for an Emmy............

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by Seaver41 »

Donnie definitely does the heavy lifting in that show.

PhatCat
Admiral

#83 Post by PhatCat »

Seaver41 wrote:Donnie definitely does the heavy lifting in that show.
Agreed!

Frankly, I've been fairly disappointed with TS's acting in this show. I don't find his character all that interesting. I'm not sure if I should blame the writers, the producers, or even Mr Selleck himself.

We'll see what happens this season. I think you have to like Donnie W to really enjoy this show. If your a TS fan, go watch your Magnum DVDs.

What bugs me even worse is how they hyped the show last year as "Tom Selleck's new police drama" or always tried to name drop him even though his character isn't the main focus of the show. Family-schamily! I want a series where TS is the main character. I guess I just want Magnum PI back again.

Sorry, got into a rant there.

Bill

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#84 Post by J.J. Walters »

I still can't believe this is the same guy who once sang "Hangin' Tough" and "Step By Step" and all those other annoying songs back in the day. I would have bet anything back then that he would have faded into oblivion by now. But I gotta give him props. He's a damn good actor and has carved out a nice career for himself. I think he's a much better actor than his overrated brother.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#85 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:I still can't believe this is the same guy who once sang "Hangin' Tough" and "Step By Step" and all those other annoying songs back in the day. I would have bet anything back then that he would have faded into oblivion by now. But I gotta give him props. He's a damn good actor and has carved out a nice career for himself. I think he's a much better actor than his overrated brother.
They're both pretty amazing. I still remember laughing to myself preparing to see that annoying rapper Marky Mark make his mark as an "actor" as I sat down in the theatre to see Boogie Nights. But man, does he give an AMAZING performance! Clearly there's talent in that family.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by Seaver41 »

J.J. Walters wrote:I still can't believe this is the same guy who once sang "Hangin' Tough" and "Step By Step" and all those other annoying songs back in the day. I would have bet anything back then that he would have faded into oblivion by now. But I gotta give him props. He's a damn good actor and has carved out a nice career for himself. I think he's a much better actor than his overrated brother.
big turning point in his career was his role as Sgt Carwood Lipton in HBO's Band of Brothers. He was phenomenal in it...and afterwards the producers/writers kept putting various actors from that series in other projects that ultimately failed.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by Miss Q »

What happened with Donny's character this week. Did TS have to fire him?
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#88 Post by Steve »

Miss Q wrote:What happened with Donny's character this week. Did TS have to fire him?
Sorry for the delay in responding, Miss Q but I wanted to wait a couple of days before giving away spoilers from the episode.......

Danny (Wahlberg) shot an off duty and plain clothed officer when he saw the officer running down a subway platform (with a gun) after what turned out to be a "perp". Frank (TS) was put in the akward position of having to place Danny on desk duty while the investigation was on going. A great episode with an emotional ending scene.............

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I am still undecided about this show. I am pretty sure I would not be watching it if Tom weren't in it. It seems a little too cut and dried to me; everyone's too "heroic." However, its nice to see Tom once a week, but it would be better if he had more to do.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by sophia »

Was that a red ferrari in last weeks show? Thought one of the guys were in New York for a moment, they should have done a little more with that scene. It would have been great if Higgins or Rick had been driving