BREAKING BAD

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: BREAKING BAD

#31 Post by KENJI »

Thanks 308.....Walt always looked after his family (tried to) so you knew Walt Jr. and Holly would be taken care of some how. At the end I think Walt saw Jesse in the state he was in and felt he deserved a second chance (check that... fifth chance I've lost track....he was a lost and tortured sole that is for sure). The other side of me sees it as Walt wanting is famous blue meth to live on which means Heisenberg does to via Jesse....a bit of a stretch...but there was a reference to the passing of the torch. Also Jesse had the opportunity to kill Walt, but chose not to pull the trigger for the obvious reasons. When Jesse finally took out the gates with the car he knew he was set free.... now that could be another opening for the writers to do a spin off......more wishful thinking. It's a shame they finished this series so quickly as it had at least one more good quality season left.....too bad.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Seaver41 »

That was a brilliant ending to a brilliant show. FINALLY a writer gives what the audience wants........closure. Couple points;
I think a lot changed for Walt when he finally admitted to Skyler he did it for himself and how he felt alive. I have to further believe in his self realization that he saw what damage he had done to others. I fully believe Walt was in 'save Jesse' mode when Skinny Pete and Badger helped him realize they must have Jesse. The symbolism is there as Jesse became the surrogate son he could get his closure with....

Vince Gilliagan on the after show stated he never was going to approve a Sopranos or Lost type ending........this story had a finite ending from the start.....the premise being a man dying of cancer trying to finance a nest egg for his family. For me, seeing the ring fall off his hand in previous episode convinced me he was going to die onscreen.

How brilliant was that scene/camera work where Walt is in the kitchen the whole time Marie is trying to notify/calm Skyler that the boogie man is loose.

Final scene was awesome........great/appropriate song playing.......and Walt back where he felt comfortable....dying just in time so 'the man' does not catch him. Heisenberg escapes one last time to the great beyond.

One last thing.......even though we knew Walt would get back west through seeing he flash forwards..............that opening scene in the snow covered car with the police outside was still intense......imagine if we had no idea he made it.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#33 Post by J.J. Walters »

Man, I don't think I've ever seen a show get so much press, and overwhelming praise, for its final season (and finale) than this one. And to go out with an Emmy for Best Dramatic Series, wow. Even though I know how it ends, I really need to watch this show in its entirety. Season Two here I come! Better late than never! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Seaver41 »

J.J. Walters wrote:Man, I don't think I've ever seen a show get so much press, and overwhelming praise, for its final season (and finale) than this one. And to go out with an Emmy for Best Dramatic Series, wow. Even though I know how it ends, I really need to watch this show in its entirety. Season Two here I come! Better late than never! :)

The show wqas short and sweet.......left you begging for more......the best way to go out. Bottom oine is the creator had a definitive story arc for the main character, one that would grow darker towards the conclusion. What separates this from many network shows was he stuck to the plan...... He told his story in tremendous fashion and since it was only 62 episodes all of them had impact. The big networks should pay more attention to that trend.

Look at CBS......Under the Dome was a 2-week story in the book.......and maybe would've been best told as this one 13 episode summer season......but of course looking to cash in, CBS ordered a second season.....no idea if it goes up from 13 episodes, but I predict the show will dry up next year.

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#35 Post by The Birdman »

I was sad to see Walt die. I hated just about every other carachter in the show.

I don't think I'll be buying the DVD set of BB though. Watching BB made me paranoid, like watching a horror movie where you think the boogie man is in your house. When I watch a show like MPI I feel good, every episode had a happy ending and a "moral to the story" and I could enjoy the tropical scenery.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi guys,

Dean Norris is in Dublin (Ireland) now.

Article from "The Irish Sun" dated Monday 7th Oct 2013.

Headline : " HANKS A MILLION " by Deirdre Reynolds.

BREAKING Bad star Dean Norris was in hot water recently for tweeting spoilers to the hit show's finale ------ but nothing could spoil his weekend here.

Hollywood actor Dean partied in the capitol after touching down to appear on the Saturday Night Show, hosted by Brendan O' Connor. Irish Sun cartoonist Niall O'Loughlin gave the star a caricature painting of himself / Hank with a pint of stout.

Stopping by the Guinness Brewery Storehouse (major tourist attraction here in Dublin). Dean said: .......... " Ireland's a blast . We had a few pints. The people are sweet and nice . What's not to enjoy ? ".

Party animal Dean, who according to his Twitter was up 'til 6am, then hit Dublin VIP hotspot Lillie's Bordello with A-listers Josh Hartnett and director Sam Mendes. Dean said: " I didn't want to sit at the bar crying about Breaking Bad being over"
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#37 Post by The Birdman »

Do you think Walt really died? My mom says the other day "well, you think he was dead". It got me thinking. Jesse told Hank "what ever you think is going to hapen, the exact opposite will happen". Kinda makes me wunder.
Knowing the show... knowing Walt... he took some kinda drug to slow down his heart and he'll wake up later and escape out of a coffin or something.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#38 Post by The Birdman »

I just watched "The Lincoln Lawyer" last night. That was made in 2011, Brian Cranston was playing a detective in that movie while he was still making Breaking Bad. Funny. Great movie BTW.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#39 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Just finished the series a few weeks ago. What a wild ride. I had to take a break in the middle 'cause the show was just so intense and depressing. Glad I suck around for the rest though.

I heard an interview with Cranston recently on Howard Stern where he mentioned a spin off prequel series based on Saul!

Better Call Saul: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.