LOST

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

LOST

#1 Post by MACattack »

This show confuses the heck out of me. There's so many plot loop holes and twists, not sure what's really going on. I'd rather try to figure out Jonathan Quayle Higgins' family tree!
I just don't give a damn!

BobBlusoe
Commander
Location: Currently staying in the guest house at the Robin Masters Estate

#2 Post by BobBlusoe »

I agree. To understand it, you need to watch every episode 3 times, read books, go to wikis for fictional companies, etc.

But I love it anyway. My 3rd favorite show. (After Arrested Development and Magnum)

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Danno »

I watched it once or twice but was not intrigued enough to continue.
I loved Cloverfield and the new Star Trek though. JJ is definately one of the new wunderkind.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by lutherhgillis »

I never watched it. Maybe this is a DVD project I can begin someday?

Many people L-O-V-E-D this show. What made it special?
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

lutherhgillis wrote:I never watched it. Maybe this is a DVD project I can begin someday?

Many people L-O-V-E-D this show. What made it special?
I watched the first three seasons on DVD until I caught up. Watching it on DVD is definitely the way to go. There are many concurrent plots that aren't referenced again until several episodes later. If you watch several episodes per week this isn't a big deal, but when months have gone by you find yourself struggling to remember what's going on.

The reason people, myself included, L-O-V-E this show is that the characters are well written and the writers were absolute masters of the cliffhanger. Every episode - the last one included - leaves you not quite satisfied and needing to find out what happens next. Nice eye candy for the boys and the girls too (the latter, according to my wife)!

While it's confusing - even annoying - at times, it's quirky fun and a real escape.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Sam »

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by steveadl »

Just started watching Lost - have bought the complete series bluray set from UK (cheap!). So far I'm really enjoying it! Have already noticed a few familiar Oahu locations including Byodo In Temple and the 'Aussie' hotel & airports sets clearly filmed in Oahu.

I can see how it would be a VERY frustrating show to watch if you were hooked on it at the time and had to wait a whole week for each episode, then a few months break in the summer etc! The wait to find out what happens next would be agonising! I'm already anxious to find out what happens next and I'm watching 2-3 episodes per night the last 2 nights!

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#8 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

I never watched it. I heard on the news the other day that if you played the numbers one of the characters mumbles all the time for Tuesday's $380M Megamillions drawing, you would have gotten 4 out of 6 numbers and $150.00 :lol:

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#9 Post by Mavrick »

I never watched the show but When I was in HI I came arcoss the filming locations of it, while I was looking for Magnum's locations

this was the Village they used in Lost

They also used this Golf Course I wonder what hole they where Lost off of and this Golf Course has been used in other movies Like Jurassic Park Check out the web site it is very interesting http://www.kualoa.com/

Last edited by Mavrick on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by steveadl »

Cool photos, thanks Mavrick.

Do you mean the beach camp from season one (only season I've seen so far) is filmed at Waimanalo Beach Park / Bay State Recreation Area? I thought beach sets were on the North Shore? So far I haven't seen any ocean shots than include Rabbit Island, though they don't look out to sea that much from the camera shots so far and the islands would be a fair bit south...

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

Steveadl,

If you are just now getting into Lost.Checkout this page,it has the filming locations.

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/lost/episode/index.html

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by steveadl »

Sweet, thanks Sam!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#13 Post by Mavrick »

steveadl wrote:Cool photos, thanks Mavrick.

Do you mean the beach camp from season one (only season I've seen so far) is filmed at Waimanalo Beach Park / Bay State Recreation Area? I thought beach sets were on the North Shore? So far I haven't seen any ocean shots than include Rabbit Island, though they don't look out to sea that much from the camera shots so far and the islands would be a fair bit south...
The beach camp, I am sorry I meant the Villiage I really don't Know where the beach scenes where shot at I am sorry for the Missunderstanding I Think You are right that those were shot somewhere off The North shore and I Fixed my earlier post Thank you
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Sam »

Hi Mavrick,

If you're speaking of the yellow buildings,you must have the location confused with someplace else.It's about as far away from the estate as you can get and still be on Oahu. I've marked it in yellow on the map...estate marked in Red....also left you a link for the location of Camp Erdman.

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/lost/fil ... index.html

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#15 Post by Mavrick »

yeah I must off sorry Gang It was back in 2008 when i was here I thought it was closer I fixed the erailer post again lmao now it just the pics