LOST

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Seaver41 »

I remember seeing the gate to the beach area on our way to the Norh Shore.....and we were staying in Kaneohe Bay area....

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by steveadl »

SPOILER ALERT:

Thoroughly enjoyed the series, though the end did confuse me somewhat ie. the alternate realities never happened. So even though they got off the island and came back, the whole scenario of the plane not crashing was not real. Assuming I understand it correctly....

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#18 Post by Styles Bitchley »

steveadl wrote:SPOILER ALERT:

Thoroughly enjoyed the series, though the end did confuse me somewhat ie. the alternate realities never happened. So even though they got off the island and came back, the whole scenario of the plane not crashing was not real. Assuming I understand it correctly....
Steve, I just didn't get it. Seemed to me like an open ended ending that said whatever you want to believe, that's what happened. Disappointing.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by steveadl »

Styles Bitchley wrote:

Steve, I just didn't get it. Seemed to me like an open ended ending that said whatever you want to believe, that's what happened. Disappointing.
I had the same feeling. I know it may create more intrigue - especially for a show that was a little out of the ordinary the whole way through - but I prefer to have a definitive ending, don't like to be left hanging or have so much open to interpretation.

Speaking of which, did you ever watch The Sopranos? Same thing, though not as bad. What do you think happened after the fade to black... :o

Styles Bitchley

#20 Post by Styles Bitchley »

steveadl wrote:I had the same feeling. I know it may create more intrigue - especially for a show that was a little out of the ordinary the whole way through - but I prefer to have a definitive ending, don't like to be left hanging or have so much open to interpretation.

Speaking of which, did you ever watch The Sopranos? Same thing, though not as bad. What do you think happened after the fade to black... :o
I've seen a handful of episodes of the Sopranos, but never watched it religiously. Probably should go through the series though. You don't get that much good press for nothing!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Seaver41 »

Styles Bitchley wrote:

horrible conclusion. Leave it to the wishy washy writers to simply go with the 'white light' solution. When in doubt, get religion. Don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be dancing/laughing to find out I was dead. Remember, the producers requested a longer finale in order to clean some things up....meaning they didn't have this all planned out down the stretch. You won't catch me watching reruns knowing that everything was for naught in the end.

Styles Bitchley

#22 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Seaver41 wrote:horrible conclusion. Leave it to the wishy washy writers to simply go with the 'white light' solution. When in doubt, get religion. Don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be dancing/laughing to find out I was dead. Remember, the producers requested a longer finale in order to clean some things up....meaning they didn't have this all planned out down the stretch. You won't catch me watching reruns knowing that everything was for naught in the end.
True, this is one show that simply will not work in rerun. One shot deal. Still, I'm not sure I'm with you on the writers being being wishy washy. I mean they had me tuning in every week...

- J.Q.H.

Duke of Perth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: LOST

#23 Post by Duke of Perth »

One of my favorites, right behind MPI!! I've only watched the series once when it was still on Netflix. I was about to give it a second run and had started season 1 and then they pulled it from Netflix. I'm tempted to buy it on bluray. It's definitely one of those shows you have to really pay attention to.
"First drink is always to the regiment!"