Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#496 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:Great to see HFO at the Shriner's Beach Club and the tidal pool!
I bet Eve was having nightmares though! :shock:

Spoiler Alert:
Danno pulls a Thomas :magnum: and kills someone in cold blood....I won't say anymore.
Great episode and it's the closest they have gotten so far to The Estate, well actually right on the edge of the beach wall. Sure was hoping to catch a shot of the slab though...........
Hi Steve,

I have to say when the tidal pool and Shriner pavilion popped up on the screen, I popped up from my seat. I was hoping for more, but was still satisfied with what they revealed. I wonder if the production crew has contacted Eve in regards to future shoots or do they know better.

It will be interesting to see what Danno does with all that money now or are they just going to end the story there in Columbia.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#497 Post by KENJI »

It was great to see Larry Manetti and Carol Burnett making an appearance again.
Larry's character performs Deb's (Carol) wedding. The last time we saw him at the alter he was on the receiving end and struggling with the words " I do". :oops:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#498 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:It was great to see Larry Manetti and Carol Burnett making an appearance again.
Larry's character performs Deb's (Carol) wedding. The last time we saw him at the alter he was on the receiving end and struggling with the words " I do". :oops:
I caught that last night, I was hoping they would find a way to have him try and get the "I Do" out again but I guess that would have too much of an inside joke for us Magnumistas............

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#499 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:It was great to see Larry Manetti and Carol Burnett making an appearance again.
I caught that last night, I was hoping they would find a way to have him try and get the "I Do" out again but I guess that would have too much of an inside joke for us Magnumistas............
I thought the same thing Steve!
I think they really dropped the ball there and should've worked it into the script! They could've had him say the words "I do" in full, but have his voice go a bit high pitched and crack a bit in between I and do.
I would've been great!

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#500 Post by Milton Collins »

I started watching the new series (the 2010) one in January of 2013 and am absolutely a HUGE fan, love Hawaii Five 0. I think Alex Oloughlin and McGarrett and Scott Caan as Dano are awesome! And the rest of the cast is fantastic as well. I am 35 so I obviously never saw the original series when it aired but I've watched a few on Netflix and it's extremely good! I always liked Jack Lorde since my dad got me hooked on the old Sean Connery James Bond movies and seeing him in Dr. No. Anway, back to the new series great cast, stories, and an awesome show!

The above comments were a post I put into the old Hawaii Five 0 show topic in error as I hadn't seen Hawaii Five 0 2010 listed at first. Wasn't it awesome to see "Rick" making an appearance and as as minister no less that marries Carol Burnett, how awesome! I love Larry Manetti's character as Nickey "the Kid" Demarco, totally fits him and Rick lol

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#501 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi Milton

I am a big fan of the new show also ! The iconic score. Great "fast and furious" action and dialogue, great escapism, great aloha shirts, great cinematic post card scenery. It does not pretend to be anything other than what it is. An all action show that does not take itself too seriously. :D
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

midnightx
Commander

#502 Post by midnightx »

terryfromkerry wrote:Hi Milton

I am a big fan of the new show also ! The iconic score. Great "fast and furious" action and dialogue, great escapism, great aloha shirts, great cinematic post card scenery. It does not pretend to be anything other than what it is. An all action show that does not take itself too seriously. :D
The original show was iconic. This new version is second-rate, loaded with modern television police/"CSI"-inspired clichés. It is disappointing that the 5-0 legacy is now being shared with this inferior product. I hope Magnum PI does not have the same fate.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#503 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

midnightx wrote:
terryfromkerry wrote:Hi Milton

The original show was iconic. This new version is second-rate, loaded with modern television police/"CSI"-inspired clichés. It is disappointing that the 5-0 legacy is now being shared with this inferior product. I hope Magnum PI does not have the same fate.
Hi Guys,
The new Hawaii 5-0(the "o" in the original is now a zero) suffers when compared with the original but is okay on its own terms, but it could/should be much better considering it's budget and good supporting cast. I think the big problem is that Alex O'Loughlin as Steve McGarrett is seriously miscast. He can't act.
He's just another Hollywood pretty boy with the obligatory 3 day beard, which denotes what? Manliness, that he's a tough guy, can't afford razor blades perhaps.
Hello, its been 30 years and 6 presidents since Don Johnson started this look and its more than stale now.
I don't know what Alex and the producers are going for but its ridiculous that the commander of THE elite police unit of a state looks like a teenage slob 99% of the time, his clothing more like what a 16 year old slacker wears. I suspect that soon he will be wearing his pants at half mast in the rear. Someone in his senior position should be wearing big boy grown up clothes as he constantly would be dealing with governmental and civic leaders(as Jack Lord was shown to be).
Jack Lord, a niche actor if ever there was one but born to play McGarrett, easily dominated and owned every single scene he was in. With O'Loughlin, I'm checking out the cute Hawaiian babes strolling by in the background or looking at storefront glass/car windshields to see if the camera crew is caught in the reflections.
Hopefully - I know, fat chance - O'Loughlin will be replaced in the role. It's worked out with replacements before, for instance the 2 Darrins on Bewitched and on various other series such as The Jeffersons, Roseanne, The Waltons, Alias Smith & Jones(ok not so much it got canceled) not to mention when they replaced the Lads on Magnum and Data's cat Spot on Star Trek. Though rumor has it the latter was a shape shifter, explaining why in later episodes Spot was a different color.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#504 Post by golfmobile »

Is it just me or is Danny's new girlfriend Amber (now revealed to be Melissa) FAR too young for him? She's 23, he'll be 40 this year. Yes, she is REALLY cute and I liked it when she "dispatched" her "domestically violent" ex-husband, but it seems almost sick-ish for Danny to be seriously involved with such a kid.

JMO

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#505 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

golfmobile wrote:Is it just me or is Danny's new girlfriend Amber (now revealed to be Melissa) FAR too young for him? She's 23, he'll be 40 this year. Yes, she is REALLY cute and I liked it when she "dispatched" her "domestically violent" ex-husband, but it seems almost sick-ish for Danny to be seriously involved with such a kid.
JMO
golf
Hi Golf,
I used the link on your profile, nice site, beaut photos, thank you for sharing.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#506 Post by golfmobile »

Thanks, Dobie! Very nice of you to say that!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#507 Post by Steve »

golfmobile wrote:Is it just me or is Danny's new girlfriend Amber (now revealed to be Melissa) FAR too young for him? She's 23, he'll be 40 this year. Yes, she is REALLY cute and I liked it when she "dispatched" her "domestically violent" ex-husband, but it seems almost sick-ish for Danny to be seriously involved with such a kid.

JMO

golf
Agree.............Did you notice that their getaway house was just a couple of houses down from The Estate.............

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#508 Post by KENJI »

Agree.............Did you notice that their getaway house was just a couple of houses down from The Estate.............[/quote]

Yes I did Steve.....I have a pic of that driveway somewhere......so they have now filmed on both sides of Pahonu (Shriners and now this place)......it will be interesting to see if they get access to Pahonu when the new owner picks up the keys (assuming the info we are hearing about it being sold is true and not a rumor).

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#509 Post by KENJI »

I'm not sure if this has been posted already or not. Anyway, here is an interesting article about 1974 Marquis and who owns it. The guy even worked on Magnum PI and was a stuntman for Selleck in Quigley Down Under.....I'll post this in the other HFO thread too.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... 80311.html

http://www.ifallsjournal.com/news%20/ha ... c541b.html

Here is another one (1968) owned by Michael Timothy.
http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/50mercury.htm
Lots of info......check out the pics of James MacArthur signing the visor.

Another article that mentions a few interesting facts...check out the bit about the mongoose.
http://www.carlustblog.com/2011/02/the- ... ive-o.html

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#510 Post by ThomasMagnum »

This is my custom vanity car plate - of course, just as for Magnum, I'm a huge fan of the show.

Initially I was going to get one that would reference MPI - thought about Robin 1 but it was taken (Robin 2 was available) however I wasn't sure people would understand the connection with Magnum (especially since I wasn't planning to drive a 1980's GTS)

What is interesting is that where I live 56E478 is also taken and surprise surprise..its a 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS! :magnum:
Last edited by ThomasMagnum on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.