Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#586 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:Well, it sounds like they are leaning towards another HFO season and hinting at MPI crossovers.........

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/03/2 ... -season-8/

Off topic...Has anyone else noticed this Jessie character basically wears the same black outfit in every episode?
LOL ....she does wear the same outfit each week. The article was a week behind as it talks about the episode that aired Friday (and she had on the black outfit)
Well, she finally changes her top in the last episode, takes off with a trunk full of stolen money to buy a new wardrobe :wink: and got punished for it......permanently! I didn't like her acting anyway. I do like they are working the yakuza storyline some more, but it's still not dark, edgy and violent enough for me....the whole show is too soft in my books. Also, it was about time that there was another reference to Kono....could be a way to finish that storyline off for good....enough said...time will tell if they go darker or stay with the soft side.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#587 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:
Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:Well, it sounds like they are leaning towards another HFO season and hinting at MPI crossovers.........

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/03/2 ... -season-8/

Off topic...Has anyone else noticed this Jessie character basically wears the same black outfit in every episode?
LOL ....she does wear the same outfit each week. The article was a week behind as it talks about the episode that aired Friday (and she had on the black outfit)
Well, she finally changes her top in the last episode, takes off with a trunk full of stolen money to buy a new wardrobe :wink: and got punished for it......permanently! I didn't like her acting anyway. I do like they are working the yakuza storyline some more, but it's still not dark, edgy and violent enough for me....the whole show is too soft in my books. Also, it was about time that there was another reference to Kono....could be a way to finish that storyline off for good....enough said...time will tell if they go darker or stay with the soft side.
Do you think they are going to finally kill off Kono and Chin Ho or are keeping a door open for them to come back. I do have to say that Adam (Ian Anthony Dale) is really holding his own in the series. On another note and , uuugh,... Next week Michelle Borth returns........Maybe they can kill her off with a gas explosion at Steve and Danny's Restaurant.......... :roll:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#588 Post by KENJI »

Hi Steve,
I think to this point they have kept it open for their possible return and maybe there is that possibility (only the parties involved know for sure if this could happen), but I feel the show lacks some good shock value and killing one or both off would give the show a different feel or dynamic...it's just too soft or too family friendly at times....I think of MPI killing of Michelle or NCIS killing off Kate (this one was extremely well done right down to her last words (A+ for the writers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nY2pVArwg
as great examples of adding that unexpected shock value....HFO is weak there....actually a lot of their stories are weak which is a real shame. Lets hope the MPI reboot has better writers!! I like the Adam character (the acting could be a bit better) and really think they could've done more with him and the yakuza earlier on instead of some of those farfetched storylines they chose instead. At least they are starting to explore it some more, lets hope they take it to the dark side....doubt it though. I didn't know they were bringing Catherine back AGAIN.........they need to either finish that relationship storyline (a broken record) with some shock i.e. her death or she stays on and they either get married (a good way to finish the show, not right now though) or she joins the team again and fights crime with Super Steve.....I like your suggestion the best......get rid of Catherine and that stupid restaurant story all in one shot. :roll: :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#589 Post by KENJI »

Geez.......I can't believe they brought back the Kamekona helicopter story.....he owns a shrimp truck!
If they had made Kamekona's character an entrepreneurial millionaire, who made his millions franchising his shrimp trucks then I could believe the helicopter story a bit more! I hope they don't use this type of weak and crappy storyline on the MPI reboot....keep it at least semi believable -PLEASE! I do hope Adam's character visits the dark side :twisted: which they are hinting at with that ending....the show needs it.....they will probably mess that up too. :roll:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#590 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

H50 has just been renewed for Season 9: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhuKY6HH-cZ ... by=plenkov

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#591 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Geez.......I can't believe they brought back the Kamekona helicopter story.....he owns a shrimp truck!
If they had made Kamekona's character an entrepreneurial millionaire, who made his millions franchising his shrimp trucks then I could believe the helicopter story a bit more! I hope they don't use this type of weak and crappy storyline on the MPI reboot....keep it at least semi believable -PLEASE! I do hope Adam's character visits the dark side :twisted: which they are hinting at with that ending....the show needs it.....they will probably mess that up too. :roll:
I finally got around to watching that episode. Why do the writers think they have to have so many side stories going on in one episode, just pick one main story and one side story.............

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#592 Post by Core 4 »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:H50 has just been renewed for Season 9: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhuKY6HH-cZ ... by=plenkov
Finally! I'm excited. Season 9 means that episode 9.07 will be the 200th episode of H50. Now I'm just waiting for May and for an official order Magnum P.I. and it will be perfect.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#593 Post by Sam »

Core 4 wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:H50 has just been renewed for Season 9: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhuKY6HH-cZ ... by=plenkov
Finally! I'm excited. Season 9 means that episode 9.07 will be the 200th episode of H50. Now I'm just waiting for May and for an official order Magnum P.I. and it will be perfect.
If MPI gets the green light..how are they going to work out the studio time.. well both shows be shot at Hawaii film studios?

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#594 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Why do the writers think they have to have so many side stories going on in one episode, just pick one main story and one side story.............
Actor contracts. The leads negotiate more time off so fewer scenes per episode and the supporting actors negotiate more screen time so we get more B & C stories that no one cares about. It's really glaring on this show that they are working around the actors' availability instead of writing singularly focused stories.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#595 Post by Steve »

So I finally got around to watching the season 8 final. I am now worried as the opening credits said it was written by Lenkov and Guggenheim. Synopsis, A Russian sub pops out of the water just off of Waikiki Beach, there are characters named, wait fir it, Boris and Natasha, Steve is somehow able to use his cell phone inside the state of the art sub, well, you get the idea. I am assuming Lenkov and Guggenheim threw this together while working on the Magnum reboot and hope this is not a sign of stories to come on Magum pi (no comma)...

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#596 Post by Sam »

Steve wrote:So I finally got around to watching the season 8 final. I am now worried as the opening credits said it was written by Lenkov and Guggenheim. Synopsis, A Russian sub pops out of the water just off of Waikiki Beach, there are characters named, wait fir it, Boris and Natasha, Steve is somehow able to use his cell phone inside the state of the art sub, well, you get the idea. I am assuming Lenkov and Guggenheim threw this together while working on the Magnum reboot and hope this is not a sign of stories to come on Magum pi (no comma)...
No comma no N :lol: :lol:..Magum pi....Perfect

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#597 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:So I finally got around to watching the season 8 final. I am now worried as the opening credits said it was written by Lenkov and Guggenheim. Synopsis, A Russian sub pops out of the water just off of Waikiki Beach, there are characters named, wait fir it, Boris and Natasha, Steve is somehow able to use his cell phone inside the state of the art sub, well, you get the idea. I am assuming Lenkov and Guggenheim threw this together while working on the Magnum reboot and hope this is not a sign of stories to come on Magum pi (no comma)...
Well that sounds like inspired writing. :roll:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#598 Post by KENJI »

I'm with you Steve!
I think HFO's Danno might be too.....the scene where he's looking at the sub from the beach and saying something like "This is stupid" and I'm thinking yes it is!!! WHY do they come up with these far fetched stories....I could see if Lenkov was writing an actual comic book and Super Steve comes to the rescue, but it's not! :lol: I'm picturing Lenkov writing a crossover where Super Steve and Lil Jay stop Kilauea in it's tracks.....PLEASE NO!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#599 Post by KENJI »

I'm wondering if Lenkov is having a bad case of writer's block after watching the season opener- Cocoon (2.0)! Granted, he did give Leonard Freeman top billing for writing this episode (and so he should) followed by his name for the fluff he added, but come on.....write your own stuff - ALL of it!
Unfortunately, his writers are terrible......WAY over the top....I can picture him thinking...what to do, what to do.....hmmm.....lets cut this massive piece from an original and paste it right here in our script - PERFECT! :roll: Shameful in my opinion. Thank goodness it's the last season (I hope)!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#600 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

KENJI wrote:I'm wondering if Lenkov is having a bad case of writer's block after watching the season opener- Cocoon (2.0)! Granted, he did give Leonard Freeman top billing for writing this episode (and so he should) followed by his name for the fluff he added, but come on.....write your own stuff - ALL of it!
Unfortunately, his writers are terrible......WAY over the top....I can picture him thinking...what to do, what to do.....hmmm.....lets cut this massive piece from an original and paste it right here in our script - PERFECT! :roll: Shameful in my opinion. Thank goodness it's the last season (I hope)!
This one can't be chalked up to writer's block. They did a remake of the original pilot because this year is the 50th Anniversary of the old show. Did you catch the line from Danny "How long have we known each other?" and Steve's reply "50 years." It was a decent episode, but yet another CIA bitch screws Steve over. :roll: