Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#601 Post by KENJI »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
KENJI wrote:I'm wondering if Lenkov is having a bad case of writer's block after watching the season opener- Cocoon (2.0)! Granted, he did give Leonard Freeman top billing for writing this episode (and so he should) followed by his name for the fluff he added, but come on.....write your own stuff - ALL of it!
Unfortunately, his writers are terrible......WAY over the top....I can picture him thinking...what to do, what to do.....hmmm.....lets cut this massive piece from an original and paste it right here in our script - PERFECT! :roll: Shameful in my opinion. Thank goodness it's the last season (I hope)!
This one can't be chalked up to writer's block. They did a remake of the original pilot because this year is the 50th Anniversary of the old show. Did you catch the line from Danny "How long have we known each other?" and Steve's reply "50 years." It was a decent episode, but yet another CIA bitch screws Steve over. :roll:
50th. Anniversary.....okay then, I'll cut him some slack! :wink: Lets hope Lenkov is not thinking of doing a 50th. anniversary season where he reboots each episode from the first season. :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#602 Post by Steve »

At least they got the red wet suit, mask, pool and sound proof room spot on and I was glad they gave Leonard Freeman writing credit. So that was two pilot "steals"or the Lenkov team this week.....

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#603 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:So that was two pilot "steals"or the Lenkov team this week.....
No no no no, Steve.... you've got it all wrong. As long as he says it's an homage it's not stealing. :roll:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#604 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
No no no no, Steve.... you've got it all wrong. As long as he says it's an homage it's not stealing. :roll:
Rembrandt'sGirl,
I think it's safe to say before too long the end is in sight for Hawaii Five-O. I bet you dollars to doughnuts Lenkov next reboots Hawaiian Eye, it would be a natural.
I have seen only one episode but it certainly fits the Bullets & Babes formula, and a reboot could share facilities with Magnum junior, cutting costs. There could also be
crossover episodes. And all those already written scripts from the original just waiting to be swiped, er, recycled.
Book Robert Conrad from the old series as a stunt guest as well, the last interview I saw of him he looked 25 years younger than his real age.

" Shove it, Scrungo!"...Luther Gillis, Great American

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#605 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Book Robert Conrad from the old series as a stunt guest as well, the last interview I saw of him he looked 25 years younger than his real age.
I wish I could get my hands on Hawaiian Eye and Surfside 6. Youboob only has tidbits.

This is from 2014. He's also semi-paralyzed on his right side from his dwi crash when he crossed median and hit head-on with another vehicle.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#606 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Book Robert Conrad from the old series as a stunt guest as well, the last interview I saw of him he looked 25 years younger than his real age.
I wish I could get my hands on Hawaiian Eye and Surfside 6. Youboob only has tidbits.

This is from 2014. He's also semi-paralyzed on his right side from his dwi crash when he crossed median and hit head-on with another vehicle.

Chris,
These photos of Conrad hit me right between the eyes. He was always a favorite of mine since Wild Wild West, when he did his own stunts due to his
great physical condition and macho outlook on life. I never heard of a bad word uttered about him by any of his co-stars(the crews loved him) and with his sense
of humor and good looks he is akin to Tom Selleck, seemingly a regular guy. I guess it was longer than I thought when I last saw him being interviewed on tv,
for a man like him to be in such poor health must be doubly hard on him. He seemed so larger than life in his usually heroic roles that I never noticed till
I was an adult how short he is, not that that is a measure of a man. Does anyone know if Larry had any stories about him in his book seeing as they were both
on Black Sheep Squadron? As regards you wanting to see Hawaiian Eye, there were a couple of crossover episodes with the casts on 77 Sunset Strip, you could watch that series on ME-TV at 4 AM weeknights. Actually as was Warners wont they created Surfside Six and Hawaiian Eye as slightly altered cloned versions of the huge hit 77 Sunset Strip, recycling the same scripts among the series. 77 Sunset Strip was solid entertainment plus it had the greatest assemblage of incredibly beautiful Hollywood starlets
ever assembled - and that includes all the Magnum Babes - such as Dawn Welles, Sherry Jackson, Mary Tyler Moore and the bodacious Sue Randall(best known as
Beaver Cleavers teacher). Conrad and the Hawaiian Eye cast usually just did cameos in the crossover episodes though.

"A man alone, sir, just feeds himself. Two men together, dine." ...Have Gun Will Travel

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#607 Post by Steve »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Chris109 wrote:

Chris,
These photos of Conrad hit me right between the eyes. He was always a favorite of mine since Wild Wild West, when he did his own stunts due to his
great physical condition and macho outlook on life. I never heard of a bad word uttered about him by any of his co-stars(the crews loved him) and with his sense
of humor and good looks he is akin to Tom Selleck, seemingly a regular guy. I guess it was longer than I thought when I last saw him being interviewed on tv,
for a man like him to be in such poor health must be doubly hard on him. He seemed so larger than life in his usually heroic roles that I never noticed till
I was an adult how short he is, not that that is a measure of a man. Does anyone know if Larry had any stories about him in his book seeing as they were both
on Black Sheep Squadron? As regards you wanting to see Hawaiian Eye, there were a couple of crossover episodes with the casts on 77 Sunset Strip, you could watch that series on ME-TV at 4 AM weeknights. Actually as was Warners wont they created Surfside Six and Hawaiian Eye as slightly altered cloned versions of the huge hit 77 Sunset Strip, recycling the same scripts among the series. 77 Sunset Strip was solid entertainment plus it had the greatest assemblage of incredibly beautiful Hollywood starlets
ever assembled - and that includes all the Magnum Babes - such as Dawn Welles, Sherry Jackson, Mary Tyler Moore and the bodacious Sue Randall(best known as
Beaver Cleavers teacher). Conrad and the Hawaiian Eye cast usually just did cameos in the crossover episodes though.

"A man alone, sir, just feeds himself. Two men together, dine." ...Have Gun Will Travel
Wow, I recall about twenty years ago he was at the car wash I used to go to in the Rivewest area of Chicago. He looked incredible back then other than his arm and wrist were in a cast. He was so gracious with me asking him questions about Baa Baa Black Sheep, Pappy Boyington, his time in a Japanese prison and the Corsairs. I talked his ear off as my father was a P-38 pilot, loved the show and he sat with me as our cars were drying and politely listened and told me about the real man............I guess we all age!!!

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#608 Post by Chris109 »

Steve wrote:
Wow, I recall about twenty years ago he was at the car wash I used to go to in the Rivewest area of Chicago. He looked incredible back then other than his arm and wrist were in a cast. He was so gracious with me asking him questions about Baa Baa Black Sheep, Pappy Boyington, his time in a Japanese prison and the Corsairs. I talked his ear off as my father was a P-38 pilot, loved the show and he sat with me as our cars were drying and politely listened and told me about the real man............I guess we all age!!!
And for the record, I am not talking down the man. It was the comment about him looking great was when I recalled his crash and wondered how he was today. Unfortunately, alcohol always wins in the end.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#609 Post by ConchRepublican »

Chris109 wrote:

Chris,

Wow . . . this is a punch in the gut indeed. I always liked Conrad, this is a shame.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#610 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Rembrandt'sGirl,
I think it's safe to say before too long the end is in sight for Hawaii Five-O.
Dobie, looks like you called it! https://tvline.com/2020/02/28/hawaii-fi ... nale-date/

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#611 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

[quote="Rembrandt's Girl
Dobie, looks like you called it! https://tvline.com/2020/02/28/hawaii-fi ... nale-date/[/quote]

Rembrandt's Girl,
Thanks for telling us. I see that star Alex O’Loughlin said,
“Everywhere I go on this planet, in every language, I am McGarrett to all these people."
O'Loughlin, you will never be Steve McGarrett to anyone who saw the original. Sporting a wardrobe that even Justin Beiber would deride as something
a teenager would wear, meticulously maintaining a 4 day beard in a failed effort to give character depth, the never ending tough guy act that would
more likely inspire amused eye rolling than fear in the Hotel Street of old, all signal a lazy actor or a savvy one aware of how the material was sabotaged
by the producer so why bother, just collect the paycheck and hie back to Sydney and Bondi Beach when the filming ends.
By the way I always wanted this reboot to work. But have any of you tuned in the last 3 years?
Hopefully that crossover episode with Magnum PI will see the 2 Hawaii Five-0 cast members that appeared migrate to the Magnum reboot next year.
It's looking more and more like the Magnum PI reboot will become a modern version Hawaiian Eye, Higgins/Magnum leading a PI firm and ditching
the inane non-stop mass firefights with terrorists.
Robert Conrad just passed away, he was the star of Hawaiian Eye, the incredibly beautiful Connie Stevens got her start on it as well.
Lenkov would be smart to plagiarize all he can from that series.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#612 Post by Steve »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:[quote="Rembrandt's Girl
Dobie, looks like you called it! https://tvline.com/2020/02/28/hawaii-fi ... nale-date/
Rembrandt's Girl,
“Everywhere I go on this planet, in every language, I am McGarrett to all these people."
O'Loughlin, you will never be Steve McGarrett to anyone who saw the original. Sporting a wardrobe that even Justin Beiber would deride as something
a teenager would wear, meticulously maintaining a 4 day beard in a failed effort to give character depth, the never ending tough guy act that would
more likely inspire amused eye rolling than fear in the Hotel Street of old, all signal a lazy actor or a savvy one aware of how the material was sabotaged
by the producer so why bother, just collect the paycheck and hie back to Sydney and Bondi Beach when the filming ends.
By the way I always wanted this reboot to work. But have any of you tuned in the last 3 years?
Hopefully that crossover episode with Magnum PI will see the 2 Hawaii Five-0 cast members that appeared migrate to the Magnum reboot next year.
It's looking more and more like the Magnum PI reboot will become a modern version Hawaiian Eye, Higgins/Magnum leading a PI firm and ditching
Robert Conrad just passed away, he was the star of Hawaiian Eye, the incredibly beautiful Connie Stevens got her start on it as well.
Lenkov would be smart to plagiarize all he can from that series.[/quote]

............Wow, I didn't see that coming. I still watch but the show has too many main characters to keep track of and every season seems to feel it has to add another one to the mix. I will say the show a couple of weeks ago where Dann-O gets in a bad car accident was a good one with a powerful ending.....( Wonder how the Magnum reboot will do as it's rating are also normally on the low 7's)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#613 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:[quote="Rembrandt's Girl
Rembrandt's Girl,
Lenkov would be smart to plagiarize all he can from that series.............Wow, I didn't see that coming. I still watch but the show has too many main characters to keep track of and every season seems to feel it has to add another one to the mix. I will say the show a couple of weeks ago where Dann-O gets in a bad car accident was a good one with a powerful ending.....( Wonder how the Magnum reboot will do as it's rating are also normally on the low 7's)
Thanks RG and welcome back!

I saw that car accident episode too Steve and parts of were really good.....personally I'm throwing a rock at the first car that comes by and even if they don't stop I know they are calling the cops. They could've squeezed more story out of that one by finding the other driver (the lady who died told Danno the license plate number), adding more back story on the dead woman......there could've been an interesting or dark story there if they wanted, Danno dealing with the death.....etc., etc. All they did was a quick scene at the hospital with Danno and the dead woman's sister and it was a wrap.....onto another storyline with another character. Now we know they are in a rush to wrap up the entire show which explains the fumble.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#614 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I will miss Hawaii Five-0. It hasn't been very good the last couple of seasons, but there's very little current TV that is any good. The show could have been so much better, but it was always too obvious that they were writing and shooting around the actors' availability.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#615 Post by Laohu »

It seems that both of the main stars , O’Loughlin and Caan’s contracts are up at the end of this season. O’Loughlin suffered a serious back injury during the early seasons of the show and has been dealing with it ever since, even receiving stem cell treatment, but now he feels he can’t continue. It has been reported that the network considered continuing on but have decided to end things.