Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#61 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Waddaya bet one is an Elvis guy and he other is a Beatles guy........
Nice.

I never understood why Tarantino cut that scene from Pulp Fiction, it's so true.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by zebra3 »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Speaking of driving, I think it is interesting they drove a Mustang in the opener and a Camaro in the secons episode. My guess is the Mustang is Danno's personal vehicle while the Camaro is issued to Magarret.
I dislike how they are both new muscle cars. There's no story there, no meaning, to make the cars important. At least in burn notice, westen uncovered his abusive fathers old charger and spruced it up. These H50 guys just "got" brand new cars.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#63 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

KENJI wrote:Conch you are so right!
I wish they had this technology back in the day of MPI!!!!!!
Watched episode 2 last night and it starts off with Steve swimming in the ocean almost like Thomas minus the tidal pool. They also introduced a character named Toast, who is a computer genius and did a favour for Steve and Dan. It kind of reminded me of Mac and Thomas........They also showed a few clips of a nice estate (not R.N.) , which I thought might be the Doris Duke Estate - Shangri la from the outside, but I'm thinking now it is another mega mansion on the island. They should film at Shangri la in the future - take a look (look up Doris Duke Estate Shangri la and take a virtual tour).
There were a few scenes at the Hilton Hawaiian Village that I recognized, but still no Rabbit Island..........
I saw them too. Not sure which building they were in, but I don't think it was the Rainbow Tower (where I stayed).

I agree about the time slot. Thankfully I was able to watch it on the CBS website.

Also, earlier this week I was looking if they would re-air it on Saturday night (like they did last week) and noticed that they are airing the episodes out of sequence. The one they aired last Mon. was mentioned as "Ohana" (episode 3).

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#64 Post by Mavrick »

I like this show but I can stand that Chevy and ford use it for a A car commerical, it really takes away from the show, Why they are burnning buildings around and people being thrown from a explosion and there sits a Brand new Chevy parked on an angle with a mark on sitting just like in a commerical. I really hate when thet do that. Sorry I just need to say that
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by zebra3 »

It annoys the heck out of me too.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#66 Post by robspace54 »

I've realized that when I mute the sound over the end-of-scene images of waves, etc. I can "hear" Mike Post's familiar theme from a certain show.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by Steve »

I hope I am not spoiling it for any of you that watch the show on your DVR, On-Demand or the internet.......but.......A Ferrari makes an appearence tonight. Can Rabbit Island, The Makai Research Pier, The Tidal Pool or, am I dreaming too much, a recreation of the King Kamehameha Club be in upcoming episodes............
(And, the Maybelline commercial ran)

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#68 Post by Mavrick »

Good I am glad I was not the only one thinking that, I can't help myself while watching this show I am looking for some of Magnums old hang outs . Is that wrong? lol I just waitting for the episode where the 5-O team is getting chased by a couple of Dobies lol

Zeus Apollo!!!! Get em lol
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by KENJI »

At least it was silver and NOT a 308!!!!!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by Little Garwood »

I just finished a New Five-O marathon and have to admit that I like the show on its own merits, though it's nothing spectacular. Comparisons to the classic, immortal original are useless. However, I have to say that the new McGarrett and Danno spoke more to each other in episode two's car ride scene than the original McG and Danno ever did in eleven seasons together on the original--on screen or off! The new guys are definitely "Chatty Cathies." :wink:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by Frodoleader »

Mavrick wrote:Good I am glad I was not the only one thinking that, I can't help myself while watching this show I am looking for some of Magnums old hang outs . Is that wrong? lol I just waitting for the episode where the 5-O team is getting chased by a couple of Dobies lol

Zeus Apollo!!!! Get em lol
I'm telling you, that we should have a contest for identifying MPI locations found in the new H5O series. Extra points if you can identify the MPI episode. Also, we should have a pool for when the first scene is shot at the Anderson Estate (Robin's Nest). :D
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#72 Post by Mavrick »

Ok sounds good to me, I am in! Any other takers out there?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Steve »

Little Garwood wrote: I have to say that the new McGarrett and Danno spoke more to each other in episode two's car ride scene than the original McG and Danno ever did in eleven seasons together on the original--on screen or off! The new guys are definitely "Chatty Cathies." :wink:
LOL!! Good point, Little G. I do, however like the back and forth between McGarrett and Danno. James MacArthur is supposedly going to appear in an upcoming episode (or episodes) my guess as Scott Caan's father. It should be interesting if he will be as wooden as in the original.........

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by Little Garwood »

Steve wrote:LOL!! Good point, Little G. I do, however like the back and forth between McGarrett and Danno. James MacArthur is supposedly going to appear in an upcoming episode (or episodes) my guess as Scott Caan's father. It should be interesting if he will be as wooden as in the original.........
If Jimmy Mac is on the new show, then I'll definitely watch. I catch the new Five-O with the On Demand feature so I don't have to actually see the show stuffed with commercials. I was able to see all three episodes this morning before work. Maybe that's why the new banter got on my nerves, though there is a good deal of it and sometimes it kills the show's momentum, character development be damned; they're handicapped with 44 minutes of actual show.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

PhatCat
Admiral

#75 Post by PhatCat »

I'll make a wager that the new H-50 will never, repeat, never film on the Anderson Estate.

Not while Eve owns the property at least.