Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#31 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

I loved it too! I've only seen a few of the original episodes, and they seem kind of stale in comparison to this version. Nothing against the original since they didn't have the technology, graphics, etc. when filming the original 5-0.

Edited to add: James, I was just reading the "Robin's Nest" article (since both Magnum and the original 5-0 were filmed there) , and the link to the Hawaii Film Office doesn't work anymore.

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by robspace54 »

Idea for a TS cameo:

McGarrett and Dan-o are on the beach walking to see whomever, as a figure on a surf-ski comes ashore. McGarrett gives the guy a wave and says "Hi, Thomas!" Dan-o asks "Who was that?" "Oh, he's a retired p.i. Used to run all over the island."
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by zebra3 »

Robspace, that idea is AWESOME! MAN that has to happen.

I liked the new 5-0. Cant wait till next week. Anyway, I'm gonna go watch magnum, stay tuned for a review.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#34 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Watched it on Tivo last night. I didn't think it was that bad. I think a cameo by Tom would be great. Maybe Magarret's old SEAL commander?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#35 Post by ConchRepublican »

I was pleasantly surprised by the show and think it has potential.

I was thinking though, when they ran through McGarrett's resume in the very beginning . . . he could have BEEN Magnum!!!!

I was also thinking throughout that we could see cameos of MPI people, and references, like they did for the original 5-0.

A Magnum cameo, even one as small as the one RobSpace mentioned, would be beyond awesome!

I can hear the "Hi guys" already!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#36 Post by ConchRepublican »

ConchRepublican wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by the show and think it has potential.

I was thinking though, when they ran through McGarrett's resume in the very beginning . . . he could have BEEN Magnum!!!!

I was also thinking throughout that we could see cameos of MPI people, and references, like they did for the original 5-0.

A Magnum cameo, even one as small as the one RobSpace mentioned, would be beyond awesome!

Can I start any MORE sentences with "I"?????
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by the show and think it has potential.

It was interesting how McGarrett was a Navy Seal and part of Navy Intelligennce. The rumors floating around on IMDB is that the Producers are trying to get some of the cast from Magnum to make some appearences. Selleck's new series may get in the way of him appearing but what a way to get some interest back for a new Magnum, PI with the original cast...........

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by KENJI »

I must say they did a great job in casting McGarrett's dad!! He definitely has some facial features that look similiar to Jack Lord's - Steve McGarrett.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

SPOILER ALERT

#39 Post by zebra3 »

SEMI-SPOILERS! highlight to see.

What was in the box, besides the recording. And what does the recording mean? I sense an underlying plot line to go through many episodes.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by Miss Q »

I dont get how he knoew to look in the box.

His father only said I 'lied to you'
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by Sam »

Hi Miss Q,

His Dad said "Listen to me Champ,I lied to you"
The clue was "Champ", the sticker on the toolbox was a Champion stick that was taped off and Champ was all that was showing.

ConchRepublican

#42 Post by ConchRepublican »

Miss Q wrote:I dont get how he knoew to look in the box.

Highlight to see answer:

He called him champ on the phone. I assume he never called him Champ, but the tool box was a Champ box.

As an aside - I was disappointed that Spike from Buffy, who played the bad guy, was removed that quickly.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by Miss Q »

dang, am I going to need to watch it over and over like MPI
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Miss Q wrote:I dont get how he knoew to look in the box.

Highlight to see answer:

He called him champ on the phone. I assume he never called him Champ, but the tool box was a Champ box.

As an aside - I was disappointed that Spike from Buffy, who played the bad guy, was removed that quickly.
If that was the Victor Hess I'm guessing he will be back as you never saw the body come up after he was shot. He will probably be the new Wo Fat..........

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by zebra3 »

I wish we used the white spoiler type in all the forums. That would make it possible to view talk on Magnum Stuff I have not seen. On a similar note, J.J. Please check your PM Inbox.

Hey does anyone know where I can find a download of the Hawaii 5-0 theme song? New or old.