Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#46 Post by ConchRepublican »

zebra3 wrote:Hey does anyone know where I can find a download of the Hawaii 5-0 theme song? New or old.
I'll do a little digging for you . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Sam »

I saw this on another forum.

You can get the free cell phone ringtone of the Five-O theme by texting "H50" to 69937.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by zebra3 »

DONT do that if you dont have a nice phone, I went through the whole thing (you have to connect to the web) and ended up with (file not supported) I think my tracfone only likes mp3s.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#49 Post by Mavrick »

I watched it and I was not expecting much from it, But I was blown away I thought it was awesome, As far as Magnum goes I know Alot of you want to see the original cast back on prime time, as would I , Love the cast don"t get me wrong here, But I would truly Love to see a Re boot of Magnum just as long as they tried to stick as closly as possiable to the original show, I do belive that there is enough Magnum fans on this site that could come with good replacement characters and write episodes, That we could Re Boot it ourselves :twisted:
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Frodoleader »

One complaint I have about the new H5O is its time slot: 10 pm on a Monday night is a rough way to start a work week for me. Maybe I am getting too old! Didn't even try to watch last nights episode: too tired after a long day.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#51 Post by ConchRepublican »

Frodoleader wrote:One complaint I have about the new H5O is its time slot: 10 pm on a Monday night is a rough way to start a work week for me. Maybe I am getting too old! Didn't even try to watch last nights episode: too tired after a long day.

I agree.

It took me years, but I finally went for a DirecTV promotion and got the DVR. It's freaking awesome.

Now I watch Hawai'i 5-0 whenever I want!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by KENJI »

Conch you are so right!
I wish they had this technology back in the day of MPI!!!!!!
Watched episode 2 last night and it starts off with Steve swimming in the ocean almost like Thomas minus the tidal pool. They also introduced a character named Toast, who is a computer genius and did a favour for Steve and Dan. It kind of reminded me of Mac and Thomas........They also showed a few clips of a nice estate (not R.N.) , which I thought might be the Doris Duke Estate - Shangri la from the outside, but I'm thinking now it is another mega mansion on the island. They should film at Shangri la in the future - take a look (look up Doris Duke Estate Shangri la and take a virtual tour).
There were a few scenes at the Hilton Hawaiian Village that I recognized, but still no Rabbit Island..........

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Miss Q »

I prefer to think that the opening scene of McGarret swimming was a deliberate nod to MPI.
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by KENJI »

That is what it looks like to me.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by Steve »

I'm thinking a lot of the show is a nod to Magnum,pi.... McGarrett>>>Naval Intelligence, Navy Seal, doesn't mind breaking/bending a few rules and has a sense of humor. The repartee between McGarret and Danno is hilarious and is a love hate relationship ala Magnum/Higgins, and, Rick Romer doing design.
I'm still loving the show but my only little complaint is when McGarrett and Danno are tooling around in the Camaro it is obviously done in a studio with a green screen. I loved the way Magnum, pi had the Ferrari actually driiving around the Island (even if it was on a tow trailer)..........

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by KENJI »

You're right Steve (McGarrett?) about the car scenes!
It is so obvious they are in studio while "driving" in the car. Although it is cheaper for them to do this, I think it cheapens the final product as well!!
I'll take the tow trailer over the green screen any day!!!!

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#57 Post by Mr. Greene »

I watched the encore of the premeire and it was pretty good not like Magnum or the original but still a pretty good updated show. I may put it on my to watch list

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#58 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Speaking of driving, I think it is interesting they drove a Mustang in the opener and a Camaro in the secons episode. My guess is the Mustang is Danno's personal vehicle while the Camaro is issued to Magarret.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by Miss Q »

Did anyone else catch that they went from one Island to another and they were still driving the Mustang....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by Steve »

Waddaya bet one is an Elvis guy and he other is a Beatles guy........