Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#406 Post by ConchRepublican »

Just caught the season premiere .... it seems the video game world has officially worked it's way into prime time.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#407 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote: I see Steve wishing he never agreed to his girlfriend working for his Navy buddy......I see trouble down the road.
I have never liked the whole Catherine, Steve's girlfriend story line. I see Michelle Borth that plays her is even in the opening credits now but I think Steve should be girlfriend free ala Thomas Magnum................

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#408 Post by MagnumILWU »

What? No comments about the latest episode, and the Magnum, pi episode, "Billy Joe Bob"!
"pickled egg please"

JT
Captain

#409 Post by JT »

I guess Kamekona knows everybody!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#410 Post by J.J. Walters »

MagnumILWU wrote:What? No comments about the latest episode, and the Magnum, pi episode, "Billy Joe Bob"!
I don't watch the new HFO very much. What happened? What about "Billy Joe Bob"? Did he return to the islands and start decking people left and right? ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#411 Post by MagnumILWU »

A Texas Ranger with a six gun on, and a cowboy hat, came to the Islands, looking for his missing daughter! Close enough!
"pickled egg please"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#412 Post by MagnumILWU »

JT wrote:I guess Kamekona knows everybody!

Danny Kamekona was on Magnum six times!
"pickled egg please"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#413 Post by Doc Ibold »

MagnumILWU wrote:

I don't think that's Danny Kamekona...

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#414 Post by MagnumILWU »

No kiddin!
"pickled egg please"

ConchRepublican

#415 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Ibold wrote:
MagnumILWU wrote:
I don't think that's Danny Kamekona...
"You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means." :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#416 Post by Doc Ibold »

Jokes on me, I guess.

Is Kamekona some character on the new Hawaii Five-o?

ConchRepublican

#417 Post by ConchRepublican »

Shave ice / shrimp truck entrepreneur Kamekona.

CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#418 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:Shave ice / shrimp truck entrepreneur Kamekona.

And helicopter pilot as well.........He did a TC this past week and flew Steve to the Big Island.........They now need to have an episode where he is flying Steve somewhere and the windshield gets hit with a bullet........

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#419 Post by golfmobile »

Depending on how much Kamekona weighs, I think there is a possibility that he would not get a license. I understand the show's wanting to show someone as the supporting character, "T.C."-type person who flies a helicopter, but I think this is the least likely supporting character to be a realistic helicopter pilot (not to mention the cost involved, as mentioned in an earlier post). And it really isn't necessary to have someone else fly a helicopter, since Steve can fly one. It takes a couple of years of training to become a helicopter pilot, particularly in as large an aircraft as Kamekona is flying in the show. Generally one starts off in a R22, and that aircraft DOES have a weight requirement that Kamekona would bust. And Steve doesn't need someone to fly him in a helicopter, he can do it himself. To me this requires too much of a suspension of disbelief that is unnecessary to, basically, a good show that I really enjoy watching. It would make more sense for Catherine to become Steve's backup chopper pilot. Even Chin or Kono would be better. (But I'd just love it to be a female character.) Obviously, I really dislike the idea and use of Kamekona as a heli pilot.

JMO
"Portside, buddy."

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#420 Post by MagnumILWU »

golfmobile wrote:Depending on how much Kamekona weighs, I think there is a possibility that he would not get a license. I understand the show's wanting to show someone as the supporting character, "T.C."-type person who flies a helicopter, but I think this is the least likely supporting character to be a realistic helicopter pilot (not to mention the cost involved, as mentioned in an earlier post). And it really isn't necessary to have someone else fly a helicopter, since Steve can fly one. It takes a couple of years of training to become a helicopter pilot, particularly in as large an aircraft as Kamekona is flying in the show. Generally one starts off in a R22, and that aircraft DOES have a weight requirement that Kamekona would bust. And Steve doesn't need someone to fly him in a helicopter, he can do it himself. To me this requires too much of a suspension of disbelief that is unnecessary to, basically, a good show that I really enjoy watching. It would make more sense for Catherine to become Steve's backup chopper pilot. Even Chin or Kono would be better. (But I'd just love it to be a female character.) Obviously, I really dislike the idea and use of Kamekona as a heli pilot.

JMO
You do realize this is just a TV show, and none of it is real! They can have anyone do what ever they want, because it's make believe! It doesn't have to be true to life!. He's a fun character, and they probably want to feature him more in the show.
"pickled egg please"