Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#361 Post by KENJI »

I would like to see them tone down the bickering in all of the episodes. It's very irritating (like Lily said) and filler more than anything. It is the one thing I've never liked from day one...I actually fast forward when they start going at it.

I'm not liking the trailer for next weeks episode where Doris sneaks into Steve's place and starts cooking breakfast while he is upstairs with his girlfriend......almost comical......I'm hoping the episode will be better than that.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#362 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Yea. that is just weeeeerd.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#363 Post by KENJI »

Has anyone else noticed that on C.S.I. (L.V.), N.C.I.S. and now H.F.O. all the coroners have canes. I find that a bit wierd!

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#364 Post by Braddah Kimo »

and the japanee dude with da jew ish surname on H50 get one too... some kinda injoke or fad among the industry.... Why would this be an appealing element to a fictitious character to raise viewership they assume?

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#365 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Braddah Kimo wrote:and the japanee dude with da jew ish surname on H50 get one too... some kinda injoke or fad among the industry.... Why would this be an appealing element to a fictitious character to raise viewership they assume?
Max was shot in the leg in an episode at the end of last season.

In other H50 news, tonight's Halloween episode won't air until NEXT Monday. CBS will air a news special on Hurricane Sandy instead...

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#366 Post by Lt Tanaka »

I like some things about the show but the writing this season has just been awful. McGarrets mother shows up after 20 years in hiding and everything is fine with them after about ten seconds of fighting??? There is just no sense of perspective on the show. Huge events happen and are never referenced again or seem to have little long term effect on those involved.

One thing that really makes me laugh is the constant pushing of microsoft products. I use a pc and everything but what kind of insane cop would search for ANYTHING using BING??? Surely the least effective search engine in history. The ugly mess that is windows 8 got its moment in the sun this week and chuckled at the akward way Max had to use a tablet to show it.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#367 Post by Lily »

Hard for me to say, but sadly have to agree Lt. Tanaka, that I also find the writing this year is very poor. Have read that ratings are not as good as expected, so writers had better smarten up, or else.

Did think that this weeks episode was better and hopefully next Monday's will be the same...maybe Wo Fat will return. Fingers crossed!

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#368 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Yeah this weeks one was better than recent shows for sure.

Don't get me wrong. I still like the show, though I wish they would show more of Hawaii. They seem to have cut back on that in favour of sets and limited location shooting.

I don't mind the bickering as Kenji called it because to me it's more just slagging.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#369 Post by Jake »

Did anyone catch the flub in tonights episode, at the end where Steve dropped the bad guy? When the team pulled up and distracted the bad guy you see a shot from the back as Steve whacks him and he drops to the ground. You can see a big pad stuffed into the bad guys shirt to cushion the fall. Super obvious at normal speed, even more brutal in DVR slow-mo. One of the worst flubs I have seen in a while, not sure how they let this stuff slide and expect the audience wont notice. And then I laughed as the bad guy got up and was holding his back from the painful fall LOL! Behati definately saved the episode!

For the most part I like the show or I wouldnt be watching it, but as others have mentioned the writing seems to have gone down hill. And it bugs me that major events in the characters lives happen and then are never mentioned again, or just glossed over.....seems really odd.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#370 Post by Jake »

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#371 Post by Steve »

Good screen shot. I DVR'd the show and was watching for that part to get a good laugh. What was ridiculous was that he falls back on to the grass, gets up rubbing his sore back, but earlier in the episode, riddled with cancer and chock full of chemotherapy he could shoot out a 2nd floor window and leap to the hard concrete below, do a quick roll and run off at full speed.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#372 Post by Jake »

Steve wrote:Good screen shot. I DVR'd the show and was watching for that part to get a good laugh. What was ridiculous was that he falls back on to the grass, gets up rubbing his sore back, but earlier in the episode, riddled with cancer and chock full of chemotherapy he could shoot out a 2nd floor window and leap to the hard concrete below, do a quick roll and run off at full speed.
I was thinking the same thing Steve. Man, he sure went from kicking major ass earlier in the episode to barely walking..he went downhill fast! He must have had better padding for the jump from the hospital!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#373 Post by J.J. Walters »

I saw the preview for the Tom Arnold episode. I couldn't help but think, "Autumn Warrior, Autumn Warrior"! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#374 Post by Frodoleader »

Did you see TC's chopper on H5O tonight!!!!
First of all, full disclosure: I rarely if ever watch this show. Well, the wife had it on, then called out, "Look at this helicopter!". I turned around and lo and behold was the Island Hoppers helo, in the background of the opening scene. I couldn't see the numbers on the tail boom, but there it was, clear as day!
:D
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#375 Post by KENJI »

Saw it...nice tie in! I wonder if there is a 308 on the books for next yrs. Christmas episode.....