Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#346 Post by Steve »

Lily wrote:Thanks Kenji!

Had wondered if the bathroom victim might have been the father of Kono's current boyfriend, since his body was reported to have been cut up! As you say, maybe next season we will find out who is was.

No, I dont think Kono will be killed off either! All four will be back, however I wonder if Chin's wife will survive. The story re Chin marrying her was really rushed and she hasnt played a huge part in the series.

Roll on next season!
I think Lily is spot on. My take is the person in the bath tub was Kono's boyfriends father. I also agree Kono will survive, she must be a strong swimmer from her surfing and will be able to get free.
Good point on Chin's rushed marriage and her ultimate demise as well, I think you are right on that one as well................

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#347 Post by Lily »

Because Chin was instructed not to call 5 0 or HPD for help re Kono, am wondering if he calls Kono's boyfriend Adam to rescue her?

Am already having Hawaii 5 0 withdrawal!

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#348 Post by Lily »

Can't believe over four months has passed since I wrote the above and series three start's tonight! :D

Am sure Kono will survive and Chin's wife will be the victim. We shall see!

Aloha!

Magnom
Lieutenant

#349 Post by Magnom »

Lily wrote:Can't believe over four months has passed since I wrote the above and series three start's tonight! :D

Am sure Kono will survive and Chin's wife will be the victim. We shall see!

Aloha!
Looking forward to it, anyone know when it will be showen here in the U.K?
Steve :)

"It don`t mean nothing"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#350 Post by KENJI »

I'm going out on a limb here, but my next prediction is Steve's mother is Wo Fat's mother too making Steve and Wo half brothers!!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#351 Post by Steve »

Looked like Frank Delano saw the sunrise that morning!

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#352 Post by Lily »

Kenji....that is exactly what my husband and I thought at the end of last season. What transpired in this seasons first episode, seems to substantiate those thoughts.

Love it!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#353 Post by KENJI »

Glad to hear we are on the same page (or limb)!

I thought the helicopter/armoured truck scene was a bit over the top....the graphics were so bad, it looked terrible when it was in the air. I would rather they cut a scene out like that, as it takes away from the show.I remember watching other shows way back and it drove me crazy seeing cars flipping/rolling in the air after an accident and you can actually see the roll bars inside....show another angle or don't show it.

I'm still looking forward to the next show though!

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#354 Post by Lily »

Yes, the truck rescue scene was really over the top and didn't fit into this program. It was in my opinion, extremely futuristic and something one might see in a James Bond movie!

Perhaps it's because I know Oahu so well, but I had to laugh when the truck carrying Wo Fat from the Halawa Prison, actually turned onto the road which goes to Makapu'u Point and passes The Estate! Halawa Prison is in the Honolulu area, so nowhere near where this scene was shot.
They need to stick to detail :)

Like you Kenji, I'm still looking forward to the next show!

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#355 Post by Braddah Kimo »

"I had to laugh when the truck carrying Wo Fat from the Halawa Prison, actually turned onto the road which goes to Makapu'u Point and passes The Estate! Halawa Prison is in the Honolulu area, so nowhere near where this scene was shot.
They need to stick to detail"
Aaaah, c'mon, Lily. No, they don't. Of course not. No one needs to "stick to detail" whatever that could mean. The show would run at snails pace if your wish were granted. Especially because they did not "from the prison, actually turned onto the road which goes to Makapu'u..."
It is a depiction. Escapist fare. Not real. If you knew O'ahu well, you would also convey to this chat board they do not exhibit our O'ahu. They show an unrealistic, Hollywood, haole-safe one, replete with crap that would never happen here as well as unlimited salient sins of omission. (Also, Halawa is NOT in Honolulu, it is situated in Aiea.)
You see, Hawaii 5-0 old as well as new is, was, and never will be a tourist guide to getting around O'ahu. They shoot and edit for entertainment, not education. And 99.9% of the viewership has not one clue or care if time and or geography is compressed, truncated, juxtaposed or altered (poetic/artistic license) to tell the story. They see this; hey pay attention to detail! They will say; "...do the proletariat at all have any idea of the amount of detail one must pay attention to in order to create a weekly cop show? In Hawai'i!? I vote that particular viewer off our island of H50"

If anyone in the film industry were told: "Hey. Film Directors and Producers! That tiny one tenth of one percent of viewers who make the most noise, now decree we must edit and show all minutiae of the exact geographically correct route someone actually would take if they happened to traverse the same similar route of our fictitious characters." The rejoinder would, no surprise, be: "Hey. I think I will take up dentistry!"

Sorry, ah. Just sticking to details...

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#356 Post by Miss Q »

Kenji / Lily,

I am with you guys. Doris is going to be Wofat's mother.... she had a perfect shot at him in episode 3.1 and she shot into the floor, not at Wofat.

Another senario could be that she was involved with Wofat's father and feels compasion for him and doesnt shoot his son.

I am sure there are going to be some nice plot twists this season with all the characters that are in the mix.

Should be interesting :-)

Miss Q
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#357 Post by Lily »

Yes Miss Q, it has to be one of those scenerio's!

We now have to wonder where Doris has gone as the one of the last things I believe Steve told her was that for her safety, he didnt want to know. Obviously there would be ways of finding out, but until then, am sure the question of why she didnt shoot WoFat will be very puzzling for Steve. Bet Joe knows everything, but looks like he might have disappeared as well, for the time being.

Just love it all!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#358 Post by Steve »

Allright, I've had an entire day to stew about last nights show and I have to say I was disappointed that the writers didn't take advantage of a wonderfull opportunity to have the entire show with Steve and Dann-o adrift at sea and fighting for their survival. It could have been chock full of flashbacks (to get to know their backgrounds in more detail)and very cool Navy Seal and NY/NJ street smarts survival techiniques. Would have been a great nod to Home From the Sea

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#359 Post by KENJI »

Yeah I was hoping for the same thing with the rest of the team finally finding them out in the ocean all blistered and dehydrated etc.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#360 Post by Lily »

Didn't think I would be writing such words, but was really disappointed with this latest episode and found it rather weak.

For me the bantering back and forth between Steve and Danno was completely over the top and very irritating.

Have to agree with both of you that time spent on the ocean, before rescue, could have been taken up with flashbacks, making this a far better episode.