Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#271 Post by KENJI »

You have a point Lily, as one would need to lighten things up in a place of constant death, but I still think they are taking it beyond the quirky zone and it takes away from the show (borders on being silly) or like B.K. said it's a distraction to the show. I didn't mind his Rainman like features, but him dressing up like a greaser or Matrix character, climbing into caves with Steve, buying Danno's type of car etc. is not really necessary, but that is just my opinion. I would rather see Shave Ice guy get the laughs, a better fit (again, just my opinion).

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#272 Post by Braddah Kimo »

yea. it's getting to be "The japanese guy with the jewish name Show"

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#273 Post by Lily »

Its nice to read other points of view here and I can deffo see where you are coming from. Perhaps this zaniness will run its course. but think that Max's character will always be eccentric.

Would like to see the character of Kamekona expanded, so that we might see what his family life is etc.

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#274 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Tuned in to the re-run last night at the end to see if there was a preview for next week. There is a new episode next week,and it looks like Steve is going to interogate Joe about Wo Fat and his father. Can't wait for 10PM Monday. :)

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#275 Post by Miss Q »

I just realized I will be on vacation and away from the availability of a TV on 1/16 when the identity of Shelbourn is revealed....

When I get home I will be heading straight to the DVR!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#276 Post by Sam »

Ed Asner returns to HFO to reprise his role as August March.

http://www.honolulupulse.com/movies-tv/ ... nd-present

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#277 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:Ed Asner returns to HFO to reprise his role as August March.

http://www.honolulupulse.com/movies-tv/ ... nd-present
Brilliant!...........The original had so many incredible guest stars over it's run and this will be an amazing way to link past and present (I wonder if they are going to show any of the original cast members). I just hope that the new H-5-0 will adopt that formula of four or five main characters with a strong guest star list week to week...........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#278 Post by J.J. Walters »

Caught the end of last night's episode and saw Bernard/Mr. Jones get impaled on a spike! :shock: It so weird seeing all these Lost cast members in one show! I'm liking the show a little more now, but it's still too CSI-ish for my liking. I just can't get into that genre. The Oahu locations are still my main draw.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#279 Post by MaiTaiMan »

J.J. Walters wrote:Caught the end of last night's episode and saw Bernard/Mr. Jones get impaled on a spike! :shock: It so weird seeing all these Lost cast members in one show! I'm liking the show a little more now, but it's still too CSI-ish for my liking. I just can't get into that genre. The Oahu locations are still my main draw.
Actually I am liking it because it's not like "CSI"...in my opinioin. :wink: It doesn't really focus on the science and lab tests to solve everything, there's more the "old" style of action, plot lines, and people solving cases. However, I still do like "CSI" once in a while...it just seemed like almost every show went that route and it became over-kill. That's why I really am liking "Hawaii Five-0" (along with the superb filming locales) because it's kind of a refreshing "flash-back" to what shows were like before all the science stuff. :)

Tonights episode is a rerun :? , but next weeks is new...and sounds like it'll be awesome--I think more of Steve trying to figure out what Joe is hiding and how it ties in with "Shelbourne"-(sp?). :)

I heard about and read the article concerning Ed Asner reviving his "August March" character from the original series, for an episode maybe sometime this next spring. Very interesting...but if they show original series footage, I'm interested to see how they'll integrate that into the new show...as March originally dealt with Jack Lord (original McGarrett)...and in the new show supposedly the original McGarrett never existed.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#280 Post by Steve »

Anyone else get upset by the rediculously obvious product placement for Subway this week!!!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#281 Post by J.J. Walters »

MaiTaiMan wrote:Actually I am liking it because it's not like "CSI"...in my opinioin. :wink: It doesn't really focus on the science and lab tests to solve everything, there's more the "old" style of action, plot lines, and people solving cases. However, I still do like "CSI" once in a while...it just seemed like almost every show went that route and it became over-kill. That's why I really am liking "Hawaii Five-0" (along with the superb filming locales) because it's kind of a refreshing "flash-back" to what shows were like before all the science stuff. :).
It's not so much the science, rather the computer technology they use and how fast they use it. They walk into that "war room" (or whatever it's called) where everything is backlit and instantaneously solve cases! Everything about everybody is available them in the blink of an eye. And the manipulation of electronic documents with their hands like Tom Cruise in Minority Report... :roll: I know they are supposed to be this elite crime fighting unit, and the whole "time compression" aspect of television, but man it just doesn't work like that! I say the same thing when I watch Criminal Minds. Both are good shows but sometimes the suspension of disbelief is just a little too much!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Jake
Rear Admiral

#282 Post by Jake »

Steve wrote:Anyone else get upset by the rediculously obvious product placement for Subway this week!!!!!
Yeah, and the constant Chevy commercial is pretty lame too.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#283 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Anyone else get upset by the rediculously obvious product placement for Subway this week!!!!!
Yeah, that was a bit much.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

PhatCat
Admiral

#284 Post by PhatCat »

One gripe I have about it is the way they always announce at a crime scene "5-0!" and everyone instantly knows who they are. If they're so elite and special, how would anyone instantly know what that means?

"Stand back, I'm 5-0."

"Good for you, I'm C3PO."
Last edited by PhatCat on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#285 Post by Braddah Kimo »

does seem ridiculous. Like it doesn't sound legal. or to code. or proper protocol. Like they should say Police! rather than announce what could be their birthday. or burger count order for the gang at the office.

"Five Oh!"

"Congrats!, I just turned forty myself!"