Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

JT
Captain

#226 Post by JT »

Well said MaiTaiMan.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
After the first episode I really didn't like the show, but from the second episode on it grew on me.
I think it's a good show, good action, nice characters etc.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#227 Post by Coops »

MaiTaiMan wrote:
Coops wrote:Trust me, dude, it's NOT the show I that I'm upset over, in fact it IS posts in this THREAD that I find questionable, much like most of your takes on episodes of MPI you find bad or not worth watching. So, to use YOUR advise, quit watching MPI if you don't like it so much. Keep them smilies coming though, it really shows the amount of thought you put into your POSTS in this THREAD and still doesn't change the fact that H 5-0 2010 totally sucks. But don't let me stop you, I know I won't! :wink:
First, my posts here have been about the new "5-0" show...which is what this thread is for. :idea: Again, if you don't like the posts here, and you hate the show...why do you keep coming back? We know, already, that you don't like the show. That's your opinion...fine. Enough said. Leave the thread for those who do like the show and know how awesome it really is. Stop posting here, and you might feel better.

Second...I have always stated how awesome "Magnum, p.i" was, and still is! I grew up watching it and still love it to this day! So, your little, bizarre rant about me hating or disliking "Magnum" makes no sense?? :roll:

However, every show will have some not-so-great episodes along the way--even the new "5-0". So, I might state which ones I don't care for as much. That does not mean I hate the show as a whole. As to which ones I do or don't like...I stand by my posts.

As for smilies...I like to use them, usually for humorous purposes or to show how much I like something, but sometimes also to get the point across--sometimes in more ways than one. :wink: (Uh Oh...there's another smily). However, it depends on what I'm saying...as well as who I'm saying it to, that decides how many smilies I use. So, if you don't like it...stop reading and replying to my posts! :P
PhatCat wrote:Easy fellas. Sit back with a Coops and a Mai Tai and relax a bit. I'll join you with a finger or two of the Balvenie.

I don't think there's a definitive answer to this thread. Some folks will like the reboot. Others not. Discuss.

As for smilies, yeah, used in excess, they're quite annoying IMHO. But then again, I'm a member of the smilie police. :evil: :lol: :wink:

Cheers guys,

Bill
Bill...although I love Mai Tai's--it is now Fall. So, right now I'm enjoying my favorite Fall beer....Sam Adams Octoberfest. :) I agree that some will like the new show and some won't...that's the way it is with every show. However, there are "respectful" ways to discuss opinions, and sometimes stating it once and then moving on (especially if the opinion is negative) is best.

I will have an Octoberfest and cheer on the premiere of the "5-0" second season! Thanks! :)

NOTE: "Hawaii Five-0" 2nd Season premieres Monday night 9:00p.m. central time!! Also Season 11 of the original show, along with Season 1 of the new one, is being released to DVD on Tuesday!! :D

P.S. I tried to keep the use of smilies to a minimum this time. :wink: --Oops! :oops:

LOL! First, this board is for ALL opinons, whether they agree with yours or not. B. English is obviously your second language, learn to read. And third, you really need to chill out. I expressed an opposing view to yours, you didn't like it, you posted as such with your smilies. Congrats. Now go tell the difference between a board, a thread, and a post. Oh yeah, more smilies.

PS - The new 5-0 sucks. :P

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#228 Post by Lily »

Coops, I seriously think you need to step back here since your comments are now not about Hawaii 5- 0, but against a fellow poster which I find insulting. MaiTaiMan has said nothing wrong and it is his prerogative if he wishes to punctuate his sentences with the provided ‘faces’.

Fair enough, you don’t like the new Hawaii 5-0, please leave it for those of us who do.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#229 Post by Coops »

Fair enough. I'm out.

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#230 Post by Brian »

I didn't like the New Hawaii 5 0 at first, I'm a big fan of the original series.
But I started to watch reruns of the first season just to see shots of Hawaii and I started to get into it. I watched lasts nights season premiere, It was very well done and I'm hooked. Looks like there is still hope for modern tv.
Sneakers Higgins!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#231 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I only watched the pilot. I thought it was decent, but a bit too...GI Joe or something. Did the tone of the show evolve or change from the pilot?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#232 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I only watched the pilot. I thought it was decent, but a bit too...GI Joe or something. Did the tone of the show evolve or change from the pilot?
Very much so. There's still a military element to it since it's part of McGarrett's background. Now that I think of it, there's one other similarity to Magnum that I don't think has been mentioned. Sometimes when the 5-0 squad can't find someone, McGarret calls a friend who's still active in the military to help. She always says, "I'm gonna get in trouble for this...", but always comes through like Mac did for TM.
I also enjoyed last nights premiere.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#233 Post by Lily »

I also thought this first episode of the new season was very good. Again very fast moving and certainly some twists and turns in the plot. Big surprise ending and cant wait for next week! Aloha!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#234 Post by Steve »

I enjoyed the new season premier episode as well. My only concern for this season is that they may be adding too many new cast members and it will take away from developing the four main characters and Kamekona (the hilarious shaved ice guy) that I consider the fifth in the 5-0 member. Hopefully the writers are only introducing the new folks as recurring characters as the writers did in Magnum.............

JT
Captain

#235 Post by JT »

I really liked the season opener.
Lots of good action and a very nice plot twist.

I don't think the new cast members will stay for a long time.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#236 Post by Miss Q »

loved the season opener!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#237 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

I started to get hungry when they were doing a stake-out at the Wailana Coffee House. I enjoyed all-you-can-eat pancakes with two eggs and bacon for under $6.00 a few times in that diner.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#238 Post by Danno »

My wife and I are really enjoying this show now.
It's no Magnum, but the characters are starting to grow on me...
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#239 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Lily wrote:Coops, I seriously think you need to step back here since your comments are now not about Hawaii 5- 0, but against a fellow poster which I find insulting. MaiTaiMan has said nothing wrong and it is his prerogative if he wishes to punctuate his sentences with the provided ‘faces’.

Fair enough, you don’t like the new Hawaii 5-0, please leave it for those of us who do.
Well stated, Lily! This is sort of what I've been trying to say all along. If someone dislikes a show or episode, that's one thing...but when they start personally insulting others because they disagree with them, it becomes very immature and uncalled for.
Coops wrote:Fair enough. I'm out.
Good deal.
JT wrote:Well said MaiTaiMan.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
After the first episode I really didn't like the show, but from the second episode on it grew on me.
I think it's a good show, good action, nice characters etc.
Exactly...the characters are really developing and we're getting to know them better. I like a show that gradually "opens" up, rather than showing or "hitting" every aspect right away. The plotline of WoFat and McGarrett's father is coming along nicely too.

The action scenes and filming locations are also superb...not too much blood-n-guts but captivating at the same time. I really liked the other night's episode...dealing with the fake pirate's gold and guest star Patty Duke. Next week's look awesome, and will probably tie up the ongoing storyline with Kono.

I wish they'd show more with McGarrett and Jack Lord's original "5-0" car! :lol:
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#240 Post by Miss Q »

This just in from an article about the writer of H50...

how ironic, don't ya think....
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Lenkov
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS)

Winter lasted eight long months in the small town outside Montreal where the TV-obsessed Lenkov spent his youth. But the Emmy-nominated writer would still make the trek home from school at lunch just to watch The Flintstones — and then, after school, catch a marathon of episodes of his favorite dramas Magnum, P.I. and Hawaii Five-0. In fact, it was the episode in which Magnum confronted and killed the person who’d held him as a POW that inspired Lenkov to start writing.

“I’d never seen an episode like that,” says Lenkov, 45. “I realized it was possible to take someone on an emotional journey in a short period of time.”
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock