Greatest American Hero

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Orrymain
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Greatest American Hero

#31 Post by Orrymain »

I remember the 9/11 thing as well where the towers were edited out of movies and TV shows. I didn't object to the movie (can't recall which it was) that hadn't actually been released yet, but on those already out in the mainstream, I thought it was an overreaction. Still, I give the powers that be more leeway on 9/11 for their choices. That was a very emotional time and a first for America.

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Well, it seems there is a God in Heaven after all. The Greatest American Hero reboot was NOT picked up by ABC. That makes at least one of my favorite 80's shows they WON'T be mucking up.
I'm a Boxley Girl....

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Orrymain wrote:I remember the 9/11 thing as well where the towers were edited out of movies and TV shows. I didn't object to the movie (can't recall which it was) that hadn't actually been released yet, but on those already out in the mainstream, I thought it was an overreaction. Still, I give the powers that be more leeway on 9/11 for their choices. That was a very emotional time and a first for America.
0rrymain,
If you catch Barney Miller reruns, the opening and closing credits show the NYC skyline. For some reason Barney Miller was especially targeted for the hysterical demand to remove the towers, I guess it subsided before the producers could alter all the episodes. The result is that sometimes you see the Towers, sometimes you don't.
I respect that you give the Powers that be some leeway, but I thought it was ridiculous that many people wanted to remove all images of the Towers. Why not then remove the White House from the back of the Twenty Dollar bill, because British and Canadian firebugs burned it down during the War of 1812.

"Don't trust atoms, they make up everything"
...Brian Moore(my 5th grade classmate)