The Golden Girls

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

The Golden Girls

#1 Post by N1095A »

Remember when I said I remembered The Golden Girls' couch was the same as TM's, and my aunt had the same couch? I just happened to be channel surfing, and stumbled across an episode where the "girls" were sitting on the couch. The fabric is identical to TM's, but the couch and chair themselves are completely different.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Maybe the studio got a deal on the fabric. Did their couch have a plastic slip cover over it?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#3 Post by N1095A »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Maybe the studio got a deal on the fabric. Did their couch have a plastic slip cover over it?
No plastic cover that I saw, although I didn't watch the show, only once in a while when nothing else was on. There may have been at some point. They were on two different networks. I concluded that since MPI was based in Hawaii and TGG was based in Miami, The tropical print was chosen to reflect theit respective locations. Rick Romer would be the one to ask about that, except that the MPI couch was already in place when he took over as set decorator.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by lutherhgillis »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Golden Girls... now that was a good show! :lol:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

lutherhgillis wrote:The Golden Girls... now that was a good show! :lol:
Agreed. I don't know how a kid like me born in the '70s could enjoy a show about a bunch of old ladies, but there you have it... It was really a great show.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.