Discuss Riptide here!

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#16 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:It was indeed on NBC. I would really love to see Riptide again. It's been so long!

I was just looking through some episodes on the IMDB and noticed that the great Anne Francis played "Mama Jo" on several early Riptide episodes. Anybody remember who "Mama Jo" was? I don't remember seeing Anne Francis in any episodes, so I must have missed some from the first season. Or maybe I did and just forgot! But I think I would have remembered seeing Anne Francis!
If I remember correctly, Mama Jo ran the all bikini clad girls fishing schooner which anchored in the marina with them.

Girls, supposedly, were off limits. Modern era Miss Kitty perhaps?

BTW James - the premiere episode is available on youtube.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by AmandaByNight »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
AmandaByNight wrote:That said, I'm a Boz girl. Ever since I 1st saw Riptide, I thought Thom Bray was adorable.

What ever happened to the nerdy nerd we all knew in the 80s? All the geeks these days are cool!
Thom Bray moved to Oregon (I think) and is now a teacher. I think it might be high school. He actually just appeared in a B movie which was shot there. It's called Stripper land:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1710900/

I think it's by the guy who did Zombie Strippers which starred Jenna Jameson, and I heard was a good little movie, but I did not see it. Anyway, I'm not sure it's still on his IMDb, but a couple of his students posted on the boards and said they loved him. Also, I wrote to him awhile ago when I first discovered the interwebs and he replied. Of course, I had no idea how to save emails, but he did respond with a nice thank you and I have loved him twice as much ever since! :)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#18 Post by Styles Bitchley »

AmandaByNight wrote:He actually just appeared in a B movie which was shot there. It's called Stripper land
haha. My kinda movie!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.