#466 Post by golfmobile »

Oh, lordy! Fill him in, boys!! :P :lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#467 Post by KENJI »

Doc Ibold wrote:Agreed Kenji.. LOL. By no means wasI trying to channel him back!
Hi Doc,

I have to admit when I started to read Mike's post B.K. popped in my head too!
Hi Golf, I'll let Doc fill Mike in or better yet......Mike, go to the Members Section and scroll down to Braddah Kimo and click on his name. You should be able to read his posts and decide for yourself.

K

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#468 Post by Doc Ibold »

Mike,

Long story shirt, BK was (maybe still is) a forumite who liked to toss around his knowledge of Hawaii in a very "abrasive" way. He would go on long winded rants about how the haoles were ruining Hawaii by opening up shops selling various Hawaiian tzotchkes and disgracing the culture. He would frequently pepper his posts with conversational English mixed in with what I liked to call "Jive Hawaiian" to make some sort of point.

He liked to attack people for the most innocent of statements (He would have had a field day with your post)that even some long timers said aloha because they didn't want to deal with him. and it riled up the forum so much that a few members decided to investigate him (because that's what happens when you irritate people on a Magnum PI forum) and found out his true identity as..... A white dude from Cali who owned a shop specializing in selling various Hawaiian tzotchkes.

He had pulled the same stuff on other forums, and the populace called him on it, and he hasn't been seen since. But agree with Kenji.... Check the posts!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#469 Post by Steve »

Doc Ibold wrote:Mike,

Long story shirt, BK was (maybe still is) a forumite who liked to toss around his knowledge of Hawaii in a very "abrasive" way. He would go on long winded rants about how the haoles were ruining Hawaii by opening up shops selling various Hawaiian tzotchkes and disgracing the culture. He would frequently pepper his posts with conversational English mixed in with what I liked to call "Jive Hawaiian" to make some sort of point.

He liked to attack people for the most innocent of statements (He would have had a field day with your post)that even some long timers said aloha because they didn't want to deal with him. and it riled up the forum so much that a few members decided to investigate him (because that's what happens when you irritate people on a Magnum PI forum) and found out his true identity as..... A white dude from Cali who owned a shop specializing in selling various Hawaiian tzotchkes.

He had pulled the same stuff on other forums, and the populace called him on it, and he hasn't been seen since. But agree with Kenji.... Check the posts!
I still have a complex when I don one of my hawaiian shirts. Couple that with having a shave (not shaved) ice and I am damn near a wreck :roll: ............

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#470 Post by Sam »

Are you cats trying to say "He wasn't a member in good standing" of the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#471 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
I took Cousin Kenji's advice regarding Braddah Kimo and looked up some of his posts.
I think it's obvious Braddah needs some KimoTherapy.
Considering the different ethnic types on Magnum, it's possible Kimo may shape shift and come back here as a faux Englishman, French policeman or even perhaps as Zeus and Apollo's Sister Lassie.
Woof.
From the posts I read I think you guys were more than patient with him.
Perhaps you guys can forget the past and all wish Kimo good luck, as he campaigns this November for a place where his attributes will take him far, the US House of Representatives.
Mike from Jersey

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#472 Post by golfmobile »

:shock: OMG!! He's trying to get on the dole for free health care, no taxes, etc. -- for life!! -- from the U.S. Government that he claims has RUINED Hawaii since it became a state????

The mind boggles.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#473 Post by KENJI »

Here is the pic of Taylor in the hotel pool the day we were leaving......
Last edited by KENJI on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#474 Post by KENJI »

Here are some of the pics I took of HFO being filmed in Waikiki. They didn't like it when you took pics so they had people there trying their best to block your pics so some of them are a bit grainy - sorry about that.

Setting up the shot that probably lasted less than a minute took a long time!

Note: Grace had her lines for the scene tucked in the back of her bikini bottoms which I thought was funny....they weren't there when they began to film.

And....ACTION.......

This was a great pic, but I was busted....that's a wrap!!!
Last edited by KENJI on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#475 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Kenji,
Thank you so much for sharing your photos, I got a real kick out of them. Some guy on the radio claimed he sat next to the actor(is it Scott Caen?) who portrays Danny Williams and he swore he couldnt be over 5 foot 3. Did you happen to spot him? I don't care what a person's height is but its interesting how Hollywood can fool you with tricks and camera angles.
Kenji or any of you guys, how long is the flight from the west coast to Hawaii? I am thinking of going there next year. With all the great photos and information at Magnum Mania I can easily see some of the Magnum sites. What are the top 3 Magnum sites one should make an effort to see if you have just one day for Magnum touring as the family would kill me otherwise(I am really looking forward to a beer or two on Hotel street).
Oh yeah, one other question. Over the years I have seen Don Ho in many tv shows, such as on McCloud where he turned out to be the killer. Just why is Ho considered to be the Frank Sinatra of Hawaii? I just don't get him.
Thank you for any help, guys.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#476 Post by Doc Ibold »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Kenji,
Thank you so much for sharing your photos, I got a real kick out of them. Some guy on the radio claimed he sat next to the actor(is it Scott Caen?) who portrays Danny Williams and he swore he couldnt be over 5 foot 3. Did you happen to spot him? I don't care what a person's height is but its interesting how Hollywood can fool you with tricks and camera angles.
Kenji or any of you guys, how long is the flight from the west coast to Hawaii? I am thinking of going there next year. With all the great photos and information at Magnum Mania I can easily see some of the Magnum sites. What are the top 3 Magnum sites one should make an effort to see if you have just one day for Magnum touring as the family would kill me otherwise(I am really looking forward to a beer or two on Hotel street).
Oh yeah, one other question. Over the years I have seen Don Ho in many tv shows, such as on McCloud where he turned out to be the killer. Just why is Ho considered to be the Frank Sinatra of Hawaii? I just don't get him.
Hey LND,

The 5'3" may not be too far off for Scott Caan. I think IMDB lists him at 5'6" and I think even they exxagerate. The flight from the West Coast to Hawaii is 4-5 hours long, if I recall correctly from my last trip there.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#477 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Kenji,
Hi Dobie,
I'm glad you liked them!
Scott wasn't in this scene (at least I never saw him there), but we caught a glimpse of him down near the Hilton (where they park the shrimp truck) and he is short....the 5'3" to 5'6" discrepancy might depend on his hair that day....there must be 3 inches of height there! :lol: Hollywood is very good at hiding things like that and the big hair might be one of their clever tricks (or Scott's)....sometimes they will put even shorter actors beside the star to make him appear bigger or put lifts in his shoes or even giving him thicker shoe soles to give him a few more inches....another trick is to have other actors sitting while the star stands etc., etc..

As for must see Magnum sites and trying to keep the family happy at the same time, I would say going to Pahonu/Robin's Nest and swimming in the tidal pool is a must....a minute down the road is T.C.'s Island Hopper location (Makai Research Pier)...that makes for a tour that doesn't eat into your kid's day too much (they will enjoy the swim...watch for turtles)....as for the third, maybe go up to the North Shore to Paradise Helicopters and check out their MPI replica chopper (not a show location, but it is neat to see).....or I would reference Rubber Chicken's Guide (LOADS of locations) and pick three that mean the most to you.

As for Don Ho....take a look at this info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Ho and it might help.....Tiny Bubbles was his BIG hit that kept the crowds coming....also remember Hawaii isn't that big so Don being a local man made him huge in Hawaii, just like Frank was huge everywhere else (including Hawaii :wink: ). He wasn't at Frank's level, but for Hawaii he was a big draw and their version of Ol' Blue Eyes. Also, Don signed with Frank's record label Reprise Records http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reprise_Records ( ........read this as well..... ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'll_Remember_You which might've added to the Frank/Don comparison.

The flight will take you around 5 to 6 hours from the West Coast depending on where on the W.C. you are flying from, also factor in weather conditions etc. It can be a bit quicker coming home when you get a strong tailwind.

I hope that helps.

K

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#478 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Dobie,
I'm glad you liked them!
Scott wasn't in this scene (at least I never saw him there), but we caught a glimpse of him down near the Hilton (where they park the shrimp truck) and he is short....the 5'3" to 5'6" discrepancy might depend on his hair that day....there must be 3 inches of height there! :lol: Hollywood is very good at hiding things like that and the big hair might be one of their clever tricks (or Scott's)....sometimes they will put even shorter actors beside the star to make him appear bigger or put lifts in his shoes or even giving him thicker shoe soles to give him a few more inches....another trick is to have other actors sitting while the star stands etc., etc..

As for must see Magnum sites and trying to keep the family happy at the same time, I would say going to Pahonu/Robin's Nest and swimming in the tidal pool is a must....a minute down the road is T.C.'s Island Hopper location (Makai Research Pier)...that makes for a tour that doesn't eat into your kid's day too much (they will enjoy the swim...watch for turtles)....as for the third, maybe go up to the North Shore to Paradise Helicopters and check out their MPI replica chopper (not a show location, but it is neat to see).....or I would reference Rubber Chicken's Guide (LOADS of locations) and pick three that mean the most to you.
As for Don Ho....take a look at this info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Ho and it might help.....Tiny Bubbles was his BIG hit that kept the crowds coming....also remember Hawaii isn't that big so Don being a local man made him huge in Hawaii, just like Frank was huge everywhere else (including Hawaii :wink: ). He wasn't at Frank's level, but for Hawaii he was a big draw and their version of Ol' Blue Eyes. Also, Don signed with Frank's record label Reprise Records http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reprise_Records ( ........read this as well..... ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'll_Remember_You which might've added to the Frank/Don comparison.
The flight will take you around 5 to 6 hours from the West Coast depending on where on the W.C. you are flying from, also factor in weather conditions etc. It can be a bit quicker coming home when you get a strong tailwind.
I hope that helps.
K
Kenji, Thanks for the information, good onya. In regards to your turtle comment, what do you mean? I know nothing about sea turtles, if we ever had them here in Jersey the pollution knocked them off long ago.
Are the turtles fun to hang out with in the water, or are they some sort of bad seeds of the deep? How big do these suckers get?
The last turtle I saw in person was in my bowl of soup at the legendary Bookbinders in Philly.
Before that was when a rogue turtle kept spitting out soup (from his bowl) at Curly Howard in a Three Stooges short.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#479 Post by KENJI »

Hi Dobie,

The turtles are fun to watch swimming around. You are suppose to give them some space, but sometimes they just pop up beside you. You can't eat these ones...endangered, but I'm seeing more and more each time I go to Hawaii so that is a good sign. When I was in the tidal pool in July a turtle surfaced in there which was incredible when you factor in that the tidal pool was originally used to hold turtles for the king to eat. There were a few more on the outside of the tidal pool that we followed for close to an hour. Here is a quick fact sheet for you to skim over.
http://seaturtles.org/wp-content/upload ... fgodKTwA_w

K

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#480 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

[quote="KENJI"]Hi Dobie,
The turtles are fun to watch swimming around. You are suppose to give them some space, but sometimes they just pop up beside you. You can't eat these ones...endangered, but I'm seeing more and more each time I go to Hawaii so that is a good sign. When I was in the tidal pool in July a turtle surfaced in there which was incredible when you factor in that the tidal pool was originally used to hold turtles for the king to eat. There were a few more on the outside of the tidal pool that we followed for close to an hour. Here is a quick fact sheet for you to skim over.
http://seaturtles.org/wp-content/upload ... e.pdf?gcli
K

Hi Kenji,
These turtles are neat. I always like to learn new things
and The Turtles(not the music group) rock, I definitely want to see them in that tidal pool.

Thanks buddy.