Archer

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Archer

#16 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:Just finished Season Three. This show has now moved into my Top 10 shows of all-time. Love, love, love it!

Am I reading this right? The current season (Season Five) has revamped the show as Archer Vice, with the characters embarking on a life of crime as they attempt to sell a ton of cocaine!!? It's sounds so wrong, yet oddly it makes perfect sense! Jesus, only a show like Archer could pull something like this off. Can't wait until it makes its way to Netflix! :)
I'm not going to give anything away but you are correct about the Vice part of the show. You know what is funny is it seems that some of the cast made the rounds of Comi-Con and did some live reads that are posted on you-tube. Watching H. Jon Benjamin doing Sterling Archers voice with the looks of Louis CK instead of looking anything like Archer is hilarious............

rasgards
Rear Admiral

#17 Post by rasgards »

I just started watching Archer a couple weeks ago. I about had a cow when I heard him say "did you watch Regis this morning". Ha. I popped over to the Forums, as I knew you Mag Fans would have spotted the reference already.

PS Lana is hot.
Ras G

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#18 Post by The Birdman »

Just bought season 4 DVD.
Season 4, episode 1. Bob's burgers cross over episode.
KGB agent: "Vee are nut rubbers!"
Archer: "OK, you can rub them but don't hurt my family"
Other KGB agent: "what he meens to say is we are not robbers".
This stuff is hilarious!
Uh PHRASING!!!!

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#19 Post by The Birdman »

Has anybody else noticed that they use old cars in all the episodes? Archer drives about a '72 ElCamino and, for example, in season 4 episode 1 at the end when they are outside the hotel Ron Cadillac drives up in a '68 caddy, the 2 ambulances appear to be old '50s Caddilac "commercial chassis" abulances and the fire engines look antique also. Then whoever writes/draws also apparently likes old, odd, weapons but not to accurate about who uses them. They show KGB useing a Walther PPK and a Broomhandle Mauser (very rare gun) (both German guns) and ISIS agents useing "Tec 9s" (a total POS civilian copy of the Swedish K submachinegun) Later they show KGB with MAC-10s, a very much iconic American gun.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#20 Post by J.J. Walters »

"ISIS is advancing toward Baghdad".... Malory, Sterling what the hell are you doing?? :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:"ISIS is advancing toward Baghdad".... Malory, Sterling what the hell are you doing?? :)
Good one James :D