Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#211 Post by MaiTaiMan »

StarchedUndershirts wrote:I agree with everything MaiTaiMan said. It's been a long time since I made an effort to watch a t.v. show on a weekly basis.
I stil don't save for a few shows (Hawaii 5-0, Covert Affairs, and Desperate Housewives).
Everything else is either a "reality" show or a badly written show that focuses more on the characters on the show rather than the show itself.
Even the "sit-coms" aren't funny. :roll:
Exactly! Even the sit-coms are "raunchy" and just stupid! They have the so-called "audience" hilariously laughing at practically every line too. :roll: It's pathetic. They need to go back to some of the old ways...as have you noticed that most of the brand new stuff is revamps of old popular shows that lasted? :wink:

I just hope they don't turn the new ones into the sex/reality show type things. :?
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#212 Post by Coops »

If I wanted to know how a "case" was solved I'd watch 48 Hours or something equivilant. I don't think you can ever get into characters enough and to equate that to soap operas is pure rubbish. Soaps are the opposite, thin characters doing the same thing over and over. Maybe you just define characters differently than I do but I doubt that otherwise you'd never be a MPI fan.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#213 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Coops wrote:If I wanted to know how a "case" was solved I'd watch 48 Hours or something equivilant. I don't think you can ever get into characters enough and to equate that to soap operas is pure rubbish. Soaps are the opposite, thin characters doing the same thing over and over. Maybe you just define characters differently than I do but I doubt that otherwise you'd never be a MPI fan.
"48 Hours" is just facts and a documentary style show...cop dramas can also make it more personable but also focus mainly on the case of the episode...not who's screwing who. :wink:

I'm sorry but most networks today use soap opera type characters for main characters of all shows. Again, if I wanted that all the time, I'd watch a soap opera. Some of that along the way, or once in a while is ok...but most shows (cop or otherwise) turn into nothing but that.

Magnum, nor the other characters, did not operate that way. Yeah, there were personal things, problems, and even some soap opera type issues along the way...but the show as a whole focused on Magnum's cases and what was happening with them.

I don't want "Dragnet" type characters either...where there's no emotion or depths into the characters. I just don't want "Dallas" type shows either, if it's supposed to be a crime show. Some drama is good...just don't get carried away or over-the-top with it.

The new "5-0" has gone into each character's lives, pasts, and possible future things coming up. They just didn't have them start screwing and give their whole life history within the first season. :wink:

I think we'll see more into each character and things will get more personable as the show goes along. :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#214 Post by Coops »

NM, not even worth the time.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#215 Post by MaiTaiMan »

OK. :wink:

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#216 Post by Coops »

I watched one of last season's reruns last week.

It's worse than I thought.

I stand by my original opinion, the re-make truly sucks.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#217 Post by MaiTaiMan »

LOL...were back to this now? :lol: You can have your opinion that you don't like it...I'll stand by my opinion and say it's AWESOME!! :wink:

It's nice to have a show again that's a little "lighter"...and not always the twisted, demented, "dark" crap of the child molesters, psychos, kidnap-then-torture type episodes of shows such as "Criminal Minds".

Each to his or her own...if you dislike the show so much...don't watch it! :idea: Those who do like it...will! :)

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#218 Post by Lily »

Must admit the new 5-0 is one of the only shows I now watch on television. I find its fast moving and I love to try and identify the different buildings and places where the television scenes are actually being shot.

Apart from Hawaii 5-0, I just dont like present day television programs, nor the absolute total waste of time given to the zillion inane commercials.
But...to each his own!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#219 Post by Coops »

MaiTaiMan wrote:LOL...were back to this now? :lol: You can have your opinion that you don't like it...I'll stand by my opinion and say it's AWESOME!! :wink:

It's nice to have a show again that's a little "lighter"...and not always the twisted, demented, "dark" crap of the child molesters, psychos, kidnap-then-torture type episodes of shows such as "Criminal Minds".

Each to his or her own...if you dislike the show so much...don't watch it! :idea: Those who do like it...will! :)
Trust me, I won't ever watch another episode of this horrendous "show" ever again. :x

I live for repsonding to this post, in fact it's the only reason I get up in the morning. :cry:

As for dark crap, did you see the first damn episode? Garrett's dad gets whacked. That ain't dark enough for you? :roll:

But I suppose you'll reply back to this thread only because I responded but that's ok, I'm sure I'll get hit with about a half dozen more stupid reason why YOU think it's ok and followed up by every sentence ending with a smiley like you're 15 years old. :shock:

I can hardly wait. :roll:

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#220 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Coops wrote:Trust me, I won't ever watch another episode of this horrendous "show" ever again. :x

I live for repsonding to this post, in fact it's the only reason I get up in the morning. :cry:

As for dark crap, did you see the first damn episode? Garrett's dad gets whacked. That ain't dark enough for you? :roll:

But I suppose you'll reply back to this thread only because I responded but that's ok, I'm sure I'll get hit with about a half dozen more stupid reason why YOU think it's ok and followed up by every sentence ending with a smiley like you're 15 years old. :shock:

Ummm...some of this I didn't quite understand and it seemed sort of ranting and raving about "living" to reply to this "post" (which I think acutally should be "thread"), half dozen replies about being 15 years old with smilies, and such....whoa....huh?? :shock: :?: Not sure any of this makes much sense, but calm down, dude, you're gonna make it....I think. :wink:

The "Pilot" episode was somewhat dark in the first few minutes, where McGarrett's dad did get killed--however, they didn't show the horrific gore, and blood-n-guts with the kill. It also was not totally about how the dad was tortured either...which most crime shows now would show all that to extreme. That scene went very quickly and it started the whole purpose of the show, and/or how the 5-0 unit was formed.

As upset as this show seems to make you...I think it's definitely a good idea you don't watch anymore episodes. You can leave it for those who realize it's potential and how awesome it really is!

Like Lily:
Lily wrote:Must admit the new 5-0 is one of the only shows I now watch on television. I find its fast moving and I love to try and identify the different buildings and places where the television scenes are actually being shot.

Apart from Hawaii 5-0, I just dont like present day television programs, nor the absolute total waste of time given to the zillion inane commercials.
But...to each his own!
Exactly, Lily! I love seeing certain locations in Honolulu or Oahu that I've been to before--as well as tons I want to see some other trip. I also hate the "gazillion" commercials...but that's TV today. :? But "5-0" makes it worth the wait. :wink:

I've seen a few advertizements for the season premiere (which is Monday September 19th at 9:00p.m. Central Time, on CBS) and this next season looks just as superb, if not more, than the first one!! I can't wait!! :D Aloha, everyone!! 8)

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#221 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

MaiTaiMan wrote:

As upset as this show seems to make you...I think it's definitely a good idea you don't watch anymore episodes. You can leave it for those who realize it's potential and how awesome it really is!

Like Lily:
Lily wrote:Must admit the new 5-0 is one of the only shows I now watch on television. I find its fast moving and I love to try and identify the different buildings and places where the television scenes are actually being shot.

But...to each his own!
Exactly, Lily! I love seeing certain locations in Honolulu or Oahu that I've been to before--as well as tons I want to see some other trip. I also hate the "gazillion" commercials...but that's TV today. :? But "5-0" makes it worth the wait. :wink:

I've seen a few advertizements for the season premiere (which is Monday September 19th at 9:00p.m. Central Time, on CBS) and this next season looks just as superb, if not more, than the first one!! I can't wait!! :D Aloha, everyone!! 8)
Amen, MaiTaiMan! They actually showed the premiere on Waikiki yesterday. I was searching for a premier date before coming in here, and on of the articles I read (entertainment weekly or something similar) mentioned a crossover episode between H5-0 and NCIS: L.A. 8)
This season could be better than the last one. :D

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#222 Post by Coops »

MaiTaiMan wrote:
Coops wrote:Trust me, I won't ever watch another episode of this horrendous "show" ever again. :x

Ummm...some of this I didn't quite understand and it seemed sort of ranting and raving about "living" to reply to this "post" (which I think acutally should be "thread"), half dozen replies about being 15 years old with smilies, and such....whoa....huh?? :shock: :?: Not sure any of this makes much sense, but calm down, dude, you're gonna make it....I think. :wink:

The "Pilot" episode was somewhat dark in the first few minutes, where McGarrett's dad did get killed--however, they didn't show the horrific gore, and blood-n-guts with the kill. It also was not totally about how the dad was tortured either...which most crime shows now would show all that to extreme. That scene went very quickly and it started the whole purpose of the show, and/or how the 5-0 unit was formed.

Like Lily:

But...to each his own!

Trust me, dude, it's NOT the show I that I'm upset over, in fact it IS posts in this THREAD that I find questionable, much like most of your takes on episodes of MPI you find bad or not worth watching. So, to use YOUR advise, quit watching MPI if you don't like it so much. Keep them smilies coming though, it really shows the amount of thought you put into your POSTS in this THREAD and still doesn't change the fact that H 5-0 2010 totally sucks. But don't let me stop you, I know I won't! :wink:

PhatCat
Admiral

#223 Post by PhatCat »

Easy fellas. Sit back with a Coops and a Mai Tai and relax a bit. I'll join you with a finger or two of the Balvenie.

I don't think there's a definitive answer to this thread. Some folks will like the reboot. Others not. Discuss.

As for smilies, yeah, used in excess, they're quite annoying IMHO. But then again, I'm a member of the smilie police. :evil: :lol: :wink:

Cheers guys,

Bill

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#224 Post by Coops »

PhatCat wrote:Easy fellas. Sit back with a Coops and a Mai Tai and relax a bit. I'll join you with a finger or two of the Balvenie.

I don't think there's a definitive answer to this thread. Some folks will like the reboot. Others not. Discuss.

As for smilies, yeah, used in excess, they're quite annoying IMHO. But then again, I'm a member of the smilie police. :evil: :lol: :wink:

Cheers guys,

Bill
LMAO! Nice!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#225 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Coops wrote:Trust me, dude, it's NOT the show I that I'm upset over, in fact it IS posts in this THREAD that I find questionable, much like most of your takes on episodes of MPI you find bad or not worth watching. So, to use YOUR advise, quit watching MPI if you don't like it so much. Keep them smilies coming though, it really shows the amount of thought you put into your POSTS in this THREAD and still doesn't change the fact that H 5-0 2010 totally sucks. But don't let me stop you, I know I won't! :wink:
First, my posts here have been about the new "5-0" show...which is what this thread is for. :idea: Again, if you don't like the posts here, and you hate the show...why do you keep coming back? We know, already, that you don't like the show. That's your opinion...fine. Enough said. Leave the thread for those who do like the show and know how awesome it really is. Stop posting here, and you might feel better.

Second...I have always stated how awesome "Magnum, p.i" was, and still is! I grew up watching it and still love it to this day! So, your little, bizarre rant about me hating or disliking "Magnum" makes no sense?? :roll:

However, every show will have some not-so-great episodes along the way--even the new "5-0". So, I might state which ones I don't care for as much. That does not mean I hate the show as a whole. As to which ones I do or don't like...I stand by my posts.

As for smilies...I like to use them, usually for humorous purposes or to show how much I like something, but sometimes also to get the point across--sometimes in more ways than one. :wink: (Uh Oh...there's another smily). However, it depends on what I'm saying...as well as who I'm saying it to, that decides how many smilies I use. So, if you don't like it...stop reading and replying to my posts! :P
PhatCat wrote:Easy fellas. Sit back with a Coops and a Mai Tai and relax a bit. I'll join you with a finger or two of the Balvenie.

Cheers guys,

Bill
Bill...although I love Mai Tai's--it is now Fall. So, right now I'm enjoying my favorite Fall beer....Sam Adams Octoberfest. :) I agree that some will like the new show and some won't...that's the way it is with every show. However, there are "respectful" ways to discuss opinions, and sometimes stating it once and then moving on (especially if the opinion is negative) is best.

I will have an Octoberfest and cheer on the premiere of the "5-0" second season! Thanks! :)

NOTE: "Hawaii Five-0" 2nd Season premieres Monday night 9:00p.m. central time!! Also Season 11 of the original show, along with Season 1 of the new one, is being released to DVD on Tuesday!! :D

P.S. I tried to keep the use of smilies to a minimum this time. :wink: --Oops! :oops: