Charlie's Angels - "Target: Angels" (1976)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

waverider
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Charlie's Angels - "Target: Angels" (1976)

#1 Post by waverider »

Here Tom (pre-Magnum sans moustache) plays Dr. Alan Samuelson, the boyfriend of Jaclyn Smith. The Angels are under threat from an unknown attacker and retreat to Charlie's big ol' house. Lots of close-up kissy shots of Selleck and Smith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkKgiFq81jM

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by AmandaByNight »

haha! This one I remember. What a good looking couple they made!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I love "Charlie's Angels"...just as much as "Magnum, p.i."! Both are two of my all-time favorite shows! :)

I also love this episode of "C.A."...because of #1 the plot, and #2 Tom Selleck guest-starring--without his mustache! :lol:

Back in 2003 I actually wrote a "Charlie's Angels" reunion fanfic story...that included all 6 Angels and where they were at today (2003 today that is :wink: ). Anyway, in my story Jaclyn Smith's character of Kelly Garrett had re-met back up with Dr. Alan Samuelson (Tom Selleck) a few years later (supposedly after the show had gone off the air) and they had married.

My story focused on the death of David Doyle (John Bosley on "C.A.") and that Charlie had discovered it had really been murder. So, he called in all the Angels, one more time, to find out and get who had done it. The character of Dr. Samuelson (Selleck) doesn't really enter into the story a whole lot...but he is there some, and I thought a perfect mate for Kelly (Smith)! :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Seaver41 »

to this day I still say Jaclyn Smith is one of the most beautiful women in the world.............me-ow

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Seaver41 wrote:to this day I still say Jaclyn Smith is one of the most beautiful women in the world.............me-ow
Definitely...and so is Cheryl Ladd!! Whoa!!! :D Both of them have gotten together a few times within the last year at different events, and man alive they still are...Angelic!! :wink:
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Radaen
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#6 Post by Radaen »

Seaver41 wrote:to this day I still say Jaclyn Smith is one of the most beautiful women in the world.............me-ow
I need to agree with this. She's simply fantastic.

Oh man, look at that!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Seaver41 »

truth be told, I'm a breast man.......but in her case.......exception MADE.

They currently show reruns of them on the MGMHD station.......560 on Directv. They are on nightly at 7pm and 2am (same episode). Caught a marathon on Labor day and saw the first episode (2 parts) with Cheryl in Hawaii. Lots of bikini shots..........very nice. The film quality of the show is amazing....it's in great shape. Ended up watching 3-4 hours of it that night.......forgot how good it was. Then again, the plots/acting are sometimes very thin, but a few smiles from them washes that away.

Not even going to check out the new Charlie's Angels...........those women are nowhere near the quality. The movies bored me as well.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Seaver41 wrote:truth be told, I'm a breast man.......but in her case.......exception MADE.

They currently show reruns of them on the MGMHD station.......560 on Directv. They are on nightly at 7pm and 2am (same episode). Caught a marathon on Labor day and saw the first episode (2 parts) with Cheryl in Hawaii. Lots of bikini shots..........very nice. The film quality of the show is amazing....it's in great shape. Ended up watching 3-4 hours of it that night.......forgot how good it was. Then again, the plots/acting are sometimes very thin, but a few smiles from them washes that away.

Not even going to check out the new Charlie's Angels...........those women are nowhere near the quality. The movies bored me as well.
Seaver...the quality of the show was superb, and it's one of the best crime shows in TV history! It has everything throughout all its episodes: mystery, suspense, sexy attire, cool or funny plots, awesome filming locations, cool old cars (except for the Angels...the bad guys had better :lol: ), humor, caring & love for each other, chemistry between the actors, etc... I could go on and on!

I have the whole entire series on DVD (the 5th season being syndicated episodes as Sony still has not officially released it yet) and have been going through it--starting with the "Pilot" TV movie and going to the last episode. The new show probably won't be as good as the original, but I'll give it a try. The new "Hawaii Five-0" is awesome (even though I still love the original of it too) so you never know. :)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Radaen wrote:Oh man, look at that!
So awesome!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.