Moderator: Styles Bitchley

layne
Vice Admiral

#16 Post by layne »

Carmen
MPI

#17 Post by Carmen »

Great!! Thanks Layne
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#18 Post by golfmobile »

Layne,

Thanks for the links! The first article seemed to imply that CBS is interested in a weekly series (Yea!!), but it also seemed rather iffy. I wonder if one of the hold-ups is the "rights" that would have to be paid to Robert B. Parker for the use of the Jesse Stone characters and scenario. Personally, I think RBP has gotten a little "big for his britches" so he probably won't sell the rights as reasonably as he sold them for "Spenser: For Hire" with Robert Urich (which I was a fan of also, having read all the books. His recent books are not his best, IMO).

Nice to see that TWS is so actively involved in the production and writing of the show again. Maybe a series may be forthcoming -- let's all keep our fingers crossed for next fall. XXXXXXX

golf
"Portside, buddy."

layne
Vice Admiral

#19 Post by layne »

golfmobile wrote:Layne,

Thanks for the links! The first article seemed to imply that CBS is interested in a weekly series (Yea!!), but it also seemed rather iffy. I wonder if one of the hold-ups is the "rights" that would have to be paid to Robert B. Parker for the use of the Jesse Stone characters and scenario. Personally, I think RBP has gotten a little "big for his britches" so he probably won't sell the rights as reasonably as he sold them for "Spenser: For Hire" with Robert Urich (which I was a fan of also, having read all the books. His recent books are not his best, IMO).

Nice to see that TWS is so actively involved in the production and writing of the show again. Maybe a series may be forthcoming -- let's all keep our fingers crossed for next fall. XXXXXXX

golf
Golf...I felt the first article had hints of a weekly series too.

I also just found this recent article which mentions TS as signing up with a new agent...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... Id=29&cs=1

From what I've read, that agent seems to be a biggie in hollywood with some huge names. You would think Tom would have wanted to slow down and kick back a bit now that he's getting older, but it seems the opposite may be true. Lucky for us! I really have a strange feeling with him writing/producing these now that we will see a weekly Stone series.