Jesse Stone Thin Ice Question

The novels & the movies

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

Jesse Stone Thin Ice Question

#1 Post by Miss Q »

Hey Gang,

I have a question on the new up and coming Jesse Stone: Thin Ice movie....

I thought this film was 'in the can' as they say, I was expecting to see it soon on tv...

IMDB shows is in the filming stage

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I need a TS fix in something with a plot.

Miss Q
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by Kahunagirl »

I recently came across an interview with Kathy Bates, where she said that CBS hasn't scheduled it yet. "Sea Change" was first aired in late May last year, so maybe they're waiting for this year's May sweeps to air "Thin Ice."

At least the "Sea Change" DVD is being released on 2/26. As I recall, "Death in Paradise" and "Night Passage" were actually released last year AFTER "Sea Change" aired ... which didn't make much sense to me, but then WDIK?

Kahunagirl

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by Kahunagirl »

Found this reference to the new Jesse Stone movie out at:

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columni ... stars.html

Tom Selleck ("Las Vegas") talks with Ross Brittain and the Breakfast Club on 98.1 WOGL Thursday morning.

Selleck is pushing the DVD of "Jesse Stone: Sea Change," the fourth in his series of TV movies based on Robert B. Parker's popular New England police officer.

The fifth Stone film airs on CBS in May.

Tom tells the WOGL gang that "Sea Change" is like a feature film and not "some stupid TV movie," because he and the producers had insisted on it.

Selleck also talks about the cancellation last week of "Las Vegas." The move baffles him because the show had decent ratings and good demos, and was one of TiVo's five most most popular shows. He thinks that NBC is just a little crazy lately with all the reality shows and that it'll probably replace "Las Vegas" with another reality show.

For more with "Magnum P.I." check out the whole interview Thursday morning.

My copy of "Sea Change" arrived in today's mail :D

Kahunagirl

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Kahunagirl »

Found this update on Ohio.com, and thought I would share ...

Q: Do you have any up-to-date information on the TV showing of the latest Jesse Stone movie with Tom Selleck? I had read that it would be shown in April, then in May, but it is either delayed again or I've missed it. I haven't been able to find any new programming news online. Thanks for any help you can give.

A: You're not the only one wondering about Jesse Stone: Thin Ice, the fifth movie starring Selleck as Stone, and based on the novels by Robert B. Parker. It's done, but CBS has not scheduled it yet. The scheduling havoc wreaked by the writers strike may have been a factor in its delay. Thin Ice will probably show up in the 2008-2009 season. If you need a taste of Stone, the four previous movies have been released on DVD.

Kahunagirl

layne
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by layne »

I'm getting tired of waiting for this movie. I guess at least we got to see TS on Vegas every week last season, but now I am going through TS withdrawal. I'm like an addict. I need my weekly Tom viewing! We were getting very spoiled getting to see him so much. I was really getting into Cooper and now....nothing. :cry:

I liked Tom as Cooper. Although I love the Stone movies, they can be a little depressing. Cooper was more fun to watch and now it's cancelled. Oh, well. At least we have our MPI dvd's!

layne
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by layne »

...and one more thing. I miss watching Tom every Friday night. Tom needs to get back to working on a weekly series, don't you think? Anyone got any ideas? I think it's up to us to find him a new job... I'll get the classifieds.:)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

I just started watching NCIS and I think Don Bellesario has a perfect chance to inject Thomas Sullivan Magnum into the series since "The Director" was killed in this season's final and there was a teaser for a whole new chast of characters in the upcoming season.

Steve
Chicago

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#8 Post by SelleckLover »

The only problem with that is Bellesario is no longer associated with NCIS. He left the show last season. :D

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Miss Q »

Really... I didnt know he left.... interesting....

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#10 Post by SelleckLover »

Yeah, supposedly Bellesario and Mark Harmon didn't get along. I don't know if that's the reason, but that's what the scuttlebut was.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Miss Q »

I seem to remember that Belisario distanced himself from MPI after it was a huge success as well....

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Miss Q »

FYI - In the article TS did recently in C&I it states that the new JS movie will be released during the CBS Fall Lineup.