Anybody else catch Jesse Stone: Sea Change last night?

The novels & the movies

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Waltstasz
Admiral

#16 Post by Waltstasz »

That's great that the movie did so well! I haven't seen the second one yet; I guess I'll have to pick it up on DVD...
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Night Passage and Death in Paradise

#17 Post by golfmobile »

For those of you who haven't seen the two "middle" Jesse Stone movies, if you want to save a little money and not spend $20+ to buy them, Blockbuster online has them.

I was in Blockbuster to pick up a movie with a coupon for a free one, and the clerk asked if I wanted to sign up with Blockbuster online for two free weeks to try it out. I said sure and promptly requested and GOT the two Jesse Stone movies -- free.

I probably won't continue the paid membership as I can hardly come up with five movies at a time that I want to see, so when I cancel my membership, in essence, I got to see the two movies and didn't have to pay a dime for them. Of course, now I don't OWN them. But I didn't like them that much anyway, I just wanted to see them. Oh, I think TS did a great job, and I've read all the books, but after the last one (High Profile), I'm thoroughly fed up with Jesse Stone.

Just an idea if you want to see them but don't have to own them.

golf

gmt16750
Captain

#18 Post by gmt16750 »

i am a little late but finally saw it! great episode, and for sure the best of the serie untill now.
One little thing: if i were Jesse i'd fire the dog! what dog is that? an intruder breaks into my house and my dog doesn't bark, neither does he seem nervous after the shooting scene...oh i got and it will be the surprise of the show: it it's not Jesse who drinks so much, the real alcoholic is his dog :P
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by lutherhgillis »

Yea, I was a little surprised that the dog would let someone come into the house without even a whimper... the mutt is no Zeus or Apollo, that's for sure.

I liked the movie even though I figured out the part about the lady pretending she was her sister... It was still a good story though. I was really surprised about the thug (oh, I'm sorry for being politically incorrect, the lawfully challenged man) coming and firing at Jesse. And he destroyed the Ozzie Smith picture... Ugh. Ozzie was one of the greatest at shortstop and maybe the greatest!

I like how they kept the baseball interest alive in yet another Selleck show. I do not know what position Selleck played in his baseball days but he seems partial to shortstop (Squeeze Play).

I hate that the black lady who plays the deputy did not get much screen time. I love her character. She and Jesse do a great back and forth routine.

I also predicted that Suit would bolt up in bead ala Infinity I just wish he had asked for a pint of stout... :wink:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

gmt16750 wrote:
One little thing: if i were Jesse i'd fire the dog! what dog is that?
The dog's name is Reggie and Reggie belonged to one of the murder victims in the first Jesse Stone movie Stone Cold. Jesse took care of the dog through the whole movie and then at the end, he supposedly gave it to the teenage girl that was gang-raped. In subsequent Jesse Stone movies though, it appears that didn't happen!? Wow, did I spot a blooper of sorts? :D

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by lutherhgillis »

SL,

I also wondered about the dog giveaway. I believe it was a ruse. Remember that TM (uh, Jesse) figured out that the two killers were probably going after the teenage girl since Jesse had also been close to her. Somehow, Jesse had to set the trap where he ultimately caught the killers. Maybe the dog was part of the plan.

Anyway, Jesse needs a dog. But this is a worthless dog! :wink:

What did you think about Suit bolting up from his coma?
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?