which gun does he use, any pictures or information

i'm a gunfreak :oops:
P.I

Colt m1911
Rem 870

wdm
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by wdm »

The first scene in Thin Ice shows the gun and they talk about it. I think it is a 1911 .45??

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by only looking »

It's a custom GUNSITE 1911 style 45acp (Smith & Wesson). It has the Novak sites on the gun as well as the Gunsite's Raven on the wooden grips. You can tell by the number of lines cut into the top slide towards the muzzel of the gun. ALOT of gun maker of the 1911 style are going for that look now, TAURUS would be a lower end..and KIMBER would be a higher end. Gunsite basically takes a Smith & WESSON 1911 and 'TWEAKS IT" into a smooth combat/target shooting gun. Changing triggers/site/grips/ and even internal parts with Wilsons or other manufacturers. But be warned they are EXPENSIVE!!!! :shock: Also as far as his equipment goes..his holster is a YAQUI style slide holster and his belt is a WILDERNESS brand 1 3/4" combat shooter's belt. There's a cheapier type on there, but Tom uses the thicker combat type as the nylon is thicker and doesn't move or even budge like a thinner belt would. Hope this helps.
It made me do it Higgins!!!