For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

Tom Selleck look-a-like contest in 1983

#1 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Absolutely unbelievable :
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSY_NBKawk

Tom Selleck's popularity in 1983 was huge to attract so many people, so many fans. If the real Tom Selleck had appeared, this would have been a real riot !

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

:shock:

LOL!

Ah 1983, the year where every girl had the exact same feathered haircut!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Coops »

And the wominz went wild!

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by tidal pool »

What the? Was that golfmobile and SelleckLover in that video? :shock:
TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Good find. I thougt the one guy had him nailed pretty well. Some of those other guys would've been better represented had they dressed the part.

kudubuck
Lieutenant

#6 Post by kudubuck »

I was stationed at Myrtle Beach Air Force Base in '83 and I remember a Magnum p.i. look a like contest along with a Lonnie Anderson look a like contest. The winners were given an all expense paid date with each other in Myrtle Beach.
I'm gonna make it, Dad.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Coops »

kudubuck wrote:I was stationed at Myrtle Beach Air Force Base in '83 and I remember a Magnum p.i. look a like contest along with a Lonnie Anderson look a like contest. The winners were given an all expense paid date with each other in Myrtle Beach.
LOL, when I first read that I thought it said a Louie Anderson look a like contest. That would have been funny.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#8 Post by golfmobile »

Tidal Pool,

I can speak only for myself, but SL may agree with me.

We would NEVER bother to go to a "look-alike" contest. We want ONLY the real McCoy. If TS were to put in an appearance, we would CONSIDER it. Otherwise, good lord, those guys were all goofy looking! Gag me with a spoon!

My current boss, who wasn't my boss then, in 1982 looked more like TS than most of those geeks (even to the degree of the short-shorts!!):

And, yes, I had a TERRIBLE crush on him. He barely knew I was alive . . . . NOW he does, since I work for him and I'm very good at what I do. NOW he wants me! (Okay, wise-acres, I'm his SECRETARY!) Oh, the irony, the irony.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MPS »

Golf,

Love it !! The man has good taste. :) You haven't been watching Madmen by any chance? Hmmm....maybe he has?
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Steve »

I thought the guy in the yellow Hawaiian shirt was almost a dead ringer for our boy. Funny thing is, a friend of mine owns a tavern here in Chicago and used to own a very popular night spot on Rush Street in the Seventies and Eighties. He has pictures on his wall from that era and almost every guy in the photos looked like a TM wannabe, but more often than not, they just looked like Joe Pepitone.........LOL!