Beer

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The good thing about NC is we can buy beer and wine in the grocery store instead of an ABC store. It sounds like FL is the same. It's nice to be able to pick up your steak and beer in one stop.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#17 Post by golfmobile »

Hey, in HAWAII, you can buy beer, wine, and hard liquor (tequila, rum, vodka, etc., etc.) in ALL GROCERY STORES AND WAL-MART!

Personally, I never learned to like beer, so I don't drink it. Larry usually gets Natural Ice or Becks.

When I lived in south Texas very close to the Mexican border, MPS, I was informed that Corona is really a joke, just too weak/water-y compared to Negro Modelo, which is supposedly the true, rich, full-bodied Mexican beer. But I don't know if you can get it in the U.S. In Mexico, it was always served with a pyramid cut of lime in the mouth of the bottle.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by MPS »

Negra Modelo seems to be the beer of choice among my beer drinking friends this summer, Golf. It's pretty good, I must admit! (To be honest, I'm much more of a bourbon drinker than anything else.)
I've forgotten about the hassle of the ABC stores. In California, markets sell beer, wine and liquor. We are a little bit limited as to when we can buy alcohol. No alcohol sales between 2:00 am and 6:00 am. Gotta plan ahead. :wink:
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#19 Post by SelleckLover »

I buy all my booze at Costco! :D

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#20 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

We have the ABC stores for liquor. They are open until around eight or nine except Sundays. Also, no booze can be purchased before noon on Sunday.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#21 Post by IslandHopper »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:We have the ABC stores for liquor. They are open until around eight or nine except Sundays. Also, no booze can be purchased before noon on Sunday.
Yeah, in Florida the supermarkets sell beer and wine. I'm not a liquor drinker so I don't really recall if they sell liquor in the stores or not. Actually, I don't believe they do, because many of the supermarkets (Albertsons, Walgreens, BJ's) have a separate liquor store attached to them, in which they sell all types of alcohol including liquor.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)