Your favorite series

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Among these series, what's your favorite one ?

Prison Break
No votes
Desperate Housewives
No votes
CSI Miami, CSI NY, CSI etc..
5%
Supercopter
No votes
Simon and Simon
19%
Murder she wrote
5%
Columbo
19%
Star Trek
24%
Starsky and Hutch
No votes
MacGyver
10%
Dukes of Hazzard
5%
The A team
14%
The Fall Guy
No votes

Total votes: 21

Loach
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#16 Post by Loach »

I liked Baa Baa Black Sheep and WKRP as well. I do agree that Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team have not held up well from when I was a kid.

Here's an obscure one for you: how about Tales of the Gold Monkey? It didn't last long, but was a good show. It was "accused" of being a Raiders of the Lost Ark take-off, but as I remember, it was very different from that movie. It even had a MPI cast member as a regular, Jeff MacKay as the mechanic.

I think this one ranks right up there with MPI...

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Steve »

In the sixties I liked Star Trek, The Dean Martin Show and any talk or variety show that had any one of the following on; Lola Falana, Joey Heatherton , Juliet Prowse or Rita Mareno. Seventies I liked an obscure little show called Then Came Bronson that got me hooked on motorcycles. Eighties of course was Magnum, PI and Miami Vice with a lot of MTV with the original Vee-Jays mixed in. The nineties I loved a show on HBO called Dream On and of course Seinfeld. 2000's would be Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Steve
Chicago

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#18 Post by golfmobile »

grapeshot,

I'm with you! I liked most of the shows you mentioned -- to me, the top two TV shows ever made were M*A*S*H* and Cheers. And Star Trek is a classic -- with the same camaraderie and loyalty among its leads the way MPI had. Have you ever noticed when there is a closeness among the male leads, females seem superfluous? There's rarely the depth of feeling with any female "guest star" that comes close to the devotion of the "guys" among themselves. Granted, "she" usually only has one hour to earn our affection. (I always hoped Magnum would "wake up" to Maggie Poole, but even then it was rather a stretch. Thomas' other one-hour romances were so very lame, IMO). However, compare that to the occasional romances for the male leads in the 1960s Westerns, for example, Bonanza and The Virginian. Every time Little Joe or the Virginian fell in love, you believed it (though the female lead always DIED!). You know, for a "sex symbol," Tom Selleck is particularly unconvincing in a "romantic lead" -- unless it's something where the audience "falls in love" with the female lead and THEN wants TS to do so -- for example, Quigley Down Under. I mean, really, when you think about it, TS' best movies (e.g., Three Men and a Baby) were movies that did not put him in the romantic lead role. The ones that tried to use him that way -- Lassiter, Her Alibi, etc. -- bombed. Okay, his first "big screen" role in High Road to China worked only because he and the female lead fought all the time and FINALLY got together at the VERY end (a la QDU).

On the other note of other TV shows, I LOVE Burn Notice too!! I find it VERY clever and au courant! (along with The Closer and Saving Grace -- though Grace really is a slut . . . .).

I also like Monk and House, and about the only network show I am addicted to is Boston Legal. In my opinion, that has the best writing on TV today and for the last several years.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#19 Post by SelleckLover »

I agree with you golf, about Boston Legal! I think James Spader is THE best actor on television today. He truly deserved his Emmy. And of course the Denny Crane character is acted to perfection by William Shatner. It is the only network TV show I watch beside Las Vegas. I don't know what the big deal is about the TV writer's strike since most TV shows seem to be written by 18-year-old pot smoking frat boys! (Especially Las Vegas) But I will watch it none the less because of our TS, as painful as that sometime is. :D