Any Golfers?

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Any Golfers?

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Didn't golf for a decade.

Five years just didn't play. Five years after that chronic back problems.

Back at it.

Trying to get my game back to where it was.

Except I'm 50 now not 40.

But as Phil says... I'm "still hittin' bombs".

Anyone else golf fanatics?

My Home Course:

Outhouse with a View:

Almost Hole in One from 165yrd:

Yesterday's Round:

My Form:

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Any Golfers?

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Looking like a pro there in that last pic, T.Q.! :)

I'm afraid my golfing career is limited to my high school gym class. Where I butchered the grass with great consistency. :lol:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:12 pm Looking like a pro there in that last pic, T.Q.! :)

I'm afraid my golfing career is limited to my high school gym class. Where I butchered the grass with great consistency. :lol:
Lol

It’s a good game. It’s a hard game. It defiantly has to become a passion for someone for them to get really good at it.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:17 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:12 pm Looking like a pro there in that last pic, T.Q.! :)

Lol

It’s a good game. It’s a hard game. It defiantly has to become a passion for someone for them to get really good at it.
Yeah I heard that once you get the hang of it you kinda get addicted to it. I think that's what happened to Sean Connery (your fellow Bahamanian :wink:). Apparently he got hooked on the game while filming GOLDFINGER back in the day (you'll recall Bond plays a round of golf with Auric Goldfinger) and was addicted to the game until he died. Or until he could no longer play. He would often scurry away during breaks in filming to play some golf. That was his passion. With Roger Moore it was usually a game of backgammon with Bond producer Cubby Broccoli in between takes while filming the Bond movies. Everyone has their passion I guess.

Emilio Largo (to Bond in Thunderball): "What is your passion, Mr. Bond?"
James Bond: "I'm not what you'd call a passionate man". :)

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:55 pm
Yeah I heard that once you get the hang of it you kinda get addicted to it. I think that's what happened to Sean Connery (your fellow Bahamanian :wink:). Apparently he got hooked on the game while filming GOLDFINGER back in the day (you'll recall Bond plays a round of golf with Auric Goldfinger) and was addicted to the game until he died. Or until he could no longer play. He would often scurry away during breaks in filming to play some golf. That was his passion. With Roger Moore it was usually a game of backgammon with Bond producer Cubby Broccoli in between takes while filming the Bond movies. Everyone has their passion I guess.

It's also expensive and out-of-reach for a lot of people.

Where I live tourism is decimated after hurricane Dorian.

The golf course is now in the hands of the Government and is virtually empty.

Championship course (probably be $200/round in Florida) and I pay $39 for 18 holes and I play in 2 hours so I'm able to play a lot.

Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:28 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:55 pm

It's also expensive and out-of-reach for a lot of people.

Where I live tourism is decimated after hurricane Dorian.

The golf course is now in the hands of the Government and is virtually empty.

Championship course (probably be $200/round in Florida) and I pay $39 for 18 holes and I play in 2 hours so I'm able to play a lot.
Sounds like you've lucked out, T.Q. Enjoy! :)