NHL Playoffs

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: NHL Playoffs

#31 Post by Styles Bitchley »

KENJI wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:12 pm Even March Madness was FULL of upsets this year!

Timing is everything and Florida is playing great when it really counts. Hang in there Styles....maybe the Leafs will find that extra gear too.
Seattle is another surprise! Their first game against Dallas was excellent to watch and they even won in overtime in Dallas.
Never count out the underdogs! It makes for great viewing as well.
Speaking of dogs.......I hear Snoop Dog is interested in buying the Ottawa Senators! I can picture their dressing room with a haze of smoke now! :lol:
Ryan Reynolds is another interested buyer for the team.
Yeah. This is all the talk here in Ottawa. Everyone so excited that celebrities are talking about this boring city. Very Canadian. 😁
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by KENJI »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm No so die hard anymore. Unfortunately, I'm a Leafs fan, so it's hard to stick with it. :lol:

I used to be a much more ardent fan back in the Pat Quinn and Pat Burns eras. I'll watch round 1, but it's a bit like dating a girl who always cheats on you. I see her putting on that little black dress...I'm an idiot so I keep thinking it's for me...but she's going out with her friends again. :wink:
Hi Styles,

It looks like your "girlfriend" is up to her old tricks...........OUCH!! :wink:
Down 0-3 in the Florida series will be a real tough one to rebound from especially after that overtime loss.
Hang in there Styles!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by T.Q. »

My team was out in 5.

Enjoying watching the implosion of the Leafs. Sorry Leaf’s fans.

I grew up a huge fan but gave up on them 20 years ago.

Go Oilers.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Styles Bitchley

#34 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Yeah, as I mentioned - this is business as usual for the Leafs. But it's a bit simplistic to say that they're imploding. The Panthers are playing incredibly. Who knew they had it in them? I don't think the Leafs have the goaltending to go the distance anyway. Hoping they can squeak out one win to save some face. Edmonton looks pretty awesome and I have a soft spot for them. Reminds me of the old Magnum days when every kid had a poster of Gretzky on his wall.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#35 Post by ConchRepublican »

Chris109 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:50 pm Used to be a HUGE Canadiens fan. I remember when they were really good in the 70's-80's. But as I got older, I got tired of the non-stop cheap shots and pushing after every whistle. I didn't even know they were in the finals 2 years ago until after the season was over. When all that crap went down a few years ago, I said to myself, "Self, the first time I see any team kneel, is the last time I watch the sport." Haven't watched anything in a long time. Granted, I do, sort of, watch the NFL, but that is only because a friend of mine puts out a huge spread of food. Don't know who is who in football anymore, but, I will go anywhere for a free meal.
Ditto ... Oakland Raider fan going back to the late 70s and Football Sundays were like a holiday for us with a big party opening day. Even gave the Sunday Ticket to each other back in 1990 something. Dropped it and football when the kneeling started and enjoy having our Sunday's back. They broke our trust and we moved on.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Chris109 »

ConchRepublican wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:32 pm
Chris109 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:50 pm Used to be a HUGE Canadiens fan. I remember when they were really good in the 70's-80's. But as I got older, I got tired of the non-stop cheap shots and pushing after every whistle. I didn't even know they were in the finals 2 years ago until after the season was over. When all that crap went down a few years ago, I said to myself, "Self, the first time I see any team kneel, is the last time I watch the sport." Haven't watched anything in a long time. Granted, I do, sort of, watch the NFL, but that is only because a friend of mine puts out a huge spread of food. Don't know who is who in football anymore, but, I will go anywhere for a free meal.
Ditto ... Oakland Raider fan going back to the late 70s and Football Sundays were like a holiday for us with a big party opening day. Even gave the Sunday Ticket to each other back in 1990 something. Dropped it and football when the kneeling started and enjoy having our Sunday's back. They broke our trust and we moved on.
Did the Raider fans start going all evil-looking to coincide with Mel Gibson and the Road Warrior?

ConchRepublican

#37 Post by ConchRepublican »

Chris109 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:08 pm
Did the Raider fans start going all evil-looking to coincide with Mel Gibson and the Road Warrior?
Hey, look at the 70s - early 80s Raiders players, I think THEY influenced Road Warrior!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Styles Bitchley

#38 Post by Styles Bitchley »

So, the Leafs managed to stay alive tonight. And what did I say about the goaltending? Pulled out our rookie goalie and finally won a game. Just need to win THREE more in a row. That should be easy. 😁

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by KENJI »

Congrats on the win Styles!
It would be one heck of a come back if they can pull it off!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:46 pm
Chris109 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:08 pm
Hey, look at the 70s - early 80s Raiders players, I think THEY influenced Road Warrior!
I agree with you there Conch!
They were a really dirty team back then that would do anything to win.......break rules, break legs, etc..
I'm sure there were a few quarterbacks, etc. that were shaking in their boots when the Raiders were in town!!!

Styles Bitchley

#41 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I remember the Raiderettes cheerleaders were so popular in the early '80s they appeared in an episode of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer.

Now, how on earth is American football hijacking this thread about Canada's national pastime???

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican

#42 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:26 pm I remember the Raiderettes cheerleaders were so popular in the early '80s they appeared in an episode of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer.

Now, how on earth is American football hijacking this thread about Canada's national pastime???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Styles! Back to the regularly scheduled thread!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Styles Bitchley

#43 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Actually, judging by the state of the playoffs, I guess hockey is quickly becoming one of Florida's favourite pastimes.

Tonight, the Leafs continue their big comeback. Yes, fandom for this team is clearly a mental illness. Nobody in their right mind would continue to support them or think they could come back from a 3-0 series hole.

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by KENJI »

Better luck next year Styles.
At least they didn't sweep them!

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by Chris109 »

I can't remember the movie, there was line in it from one teen to another that would have fit into this discussion. Sometime in the future, 50 + years(?), one kid said to the other something to the effect, "We'll be dead by the time the Maple Leafs win another cup."