Waimanolo and the Estate

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Waimanolo and the Estate

#16 Post by 308GUY »

Yep...sure looks like they must have brought in dirt/sand by the truck loads!

Are the "steps" still there...where they used to be? Couldn't really tell from the pics.

You know, the ones that TM went through in the pilot and left the dog whistle recording outside of to lure the hounds out the gate, so he could slip in....AND the ones used throughout the series to gain access to the beach...."those" steps....are they still there?...Judging by where the sand is on the corner of the sea wall, if they brought fill in, those steps would be covered!

Only someone that's been there recently (YOU T.Q.! :D ) could say one way or the other.

Glad access to the beach and tidal pool hasn't been voided and the "public" is still allowed to be and swim there! I may get to feel that sand beneath my feet yet! I got a few years left in me! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by eagle »

That new sand level looks intentional, not natural.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:37 pm Re. The sea wall and sand.

This was the bit confusing part to me.

Was a “What the?” moment because my memory of this portion of the wall was it dwarfed TS. :lol:

Anyways. We were only on O’ahu 3 days and now in Maui.

We have timeshare that’s been in family since 1977.

Enjoying it.

Aloha.
Yep I posted this same question a while back over on the Pahonu thread, which I think Pahonu answered. :) Who else, right? But now I'll be darned if I remember what his answer was. But I remember being really confused by why that side of the wall is so low now but seemed so high back then (going above Selleck's head, who's one tall dude). I'm guessing more sand piled up since the 80s. But isn't the opposite supposed to be true? That the sand is being eroded away and we're losing more and more of the beach? So shouldn't the wall be higher now? And it's not like it's a different wall now. Still looks the same.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

308GUY wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:50 pm Are the "steps" still there...where they used to be? Couldn't really tell from the pics.

You know, the ones that TM went through in the pilot and left the dog whistle recording outside of to lure the hounds out the gate, so he could slip in....AND the ones used throughout the series to gain access to the beach...."those" steps....are they still there?
In 2018 those steps were still there. I know because I ran up them to the gate to peek and see where the lads were. You know, I had to recreate that scene from the pilot. Seems like everyone does. :D

Though at least the bottom 1 or 2 steps were actually submerged in water because it seemed like a really high tide that day. Or at least I assume it was. Unless it was a regular thing a few years back with the water level being so high.

Also I remember it not being easy for me to make it to the tidal pool because I had to walk along the sea wall and I kept getting bashed by the waves against it. Then I kept losing my balance and stepping on various sharp rocks along the wall. I think on the way back I actually swam to where my car was parked instead of making my way back along that wall.