RECORDING THE "STREAM"

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

RECORDING THE "STREAM"

#1 Post by 308GUY »

Anybody have information about how to record streaming programs?

There are shows that I watch from the streaming networks that are not on via cable or network OTA stations.

I've looked up the subject on "google" and found several sets of "instructions" but most if not all of them mention needing an additional piece of equipment, which I don't recall the name of at the moment.

I'm not up on all the latest gadgets, technology and/or lingo concerning digital transference of data, so if you have any suggestions....keep it on a kindergarten level if you would.

I can "google" with the best of them, I think...I've found that like a woman, what sort of response you get largely depends on what question you ask and how you ask it. IOW, you have to phrase your query correctly in order to get a proper response.

Am open to any and all suggestions...would just like to know if recording from a streaming channel is possible, and if so, what the "simplest" method is. Am also open to having to add hardware, if that's the best/only way to accomplish the end goal.

Thanks for looking, and hope I put this in the right section, as it has nothing to do with MPI.....I've just found many knowledgeable, members here that seem to be more than willing to help out fellow fans.

Thanks & HAGO! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MikeS
Admiral

Re: RECORDING THE "STREAM"

#2 Post by MikeS »

Hi 308Guy :)

It is always helpful to get a few links to specific content, chances are high it will require different approaches to nab each show depending on the technology used to protect the stream from being downloaded/copied in the first place... some form of encryption will be used making it impossible to get without jumpin' through major hoops.

If you wander over to VideoHelp and read through some of the "how to download or capture this or that stream", you'll see what it takes to get content from many sites.
-> https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/48-V ... ownloading

I would ask this question at VideoHelp, be forewarned you'll be scolded for not providing links to the content you want... the more clear/specific you are the less likely you'll be ignored or flamed for not being a perfect human being - chances are also very high that the guy offering the help will think very highly of himself and his knowledge - a side effect of hiding in his mother's basement all day :)
MikeS

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: RECORDING THE "STREAM"

#3 Post by Chris109 »

308GUY wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:09 pm

I can "google" with the best of them, I think...I've found that like a woman, what sort of response you get largely depends on what question you ask and how you ask it. IOW, you have to phrase your query correctly in order to get a proper response.

I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.---Mr. Spock

Please, let's not go off onto a female tangent. Because, I really could. :D
(but, just one more)

NOMAD: That unit is defective. Its thinking is chaotic. Absorbing it unsettled me.
SPOCK: That 'unit' is a woman.
NOMAD: A mass of conflicting impulses.

As for screen capturing, I was always curious about that also.