All is lost

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

80s Big Hair
Admiral

All is lost

#1 Post by 80s Big Hair »

The laptop with Magnum, P.I. on it went to all hell yesterday. When it was only halfway to hell I managed to backup 84 gigs of stuff, but Magnum did not make it (neither did The Rockford Files). Where were my priorities? What was I thinking? No matter I thought, I will just get a new laptop tomorrow and plug in the old drive to an external enclosure that I bought a few years ago just for this reason and proceed from there. But the drive was all the way to hell. I could not even read it on my new laptop. So no Magnum for me for now.

Also now is the exact wrong time to be buying a computer unless you like spending money. And who the hell puts the power button next to the delete key and above the backspace key? Nobody could possibly accidentally hit the power button there... Well, HP put it there.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: All is lost

#2 Post by eagle »

Oh man, so sorry to hear that!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

You can pick up the DVDs cheap these days. Maybe even grab the blu ray release? Or there's always the same old average rips to be found in sketchier parts of the internet.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

80s Big Hair
Admiral

#4 Post by 80s Big Hair »

I will make something positive out of it by watching the whole thing once again and downloading it from a Blu-ray rip found on a Swiss server (they do not care about US laws) as I go. So far I have Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii and watched half it last night (forgot that it was two hours and I had to sleep). The hope is I will have a new appreciation for previously neglected episodes that I would skip over.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

80s Big Hair wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 pm I will make something positive out of it by watching the whole thing once again and downloading it from a Blu-ray rip found on a Swiss server (they do not care about US laws) as I go. So far I have Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii and watched half it last night (forgot that it was two hours and I had to sleep). The hope is I will have a new appreciation for previously neglected episodes that I would skip over.
I'm interested to know if you see a noticeable quality difference.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

80s Big Hair
Admiral

#6 Post by 80s Big Hair »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:35 pm
80s Big Hair wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 pm I will make something positive out of it by watching the whole thing once again and downloading it from a Blu-ray rip found on a Swiss server (they do not care about US laws) as I go. So far I have Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii and watched half it last night (forgot that it was two hours and I had to sleep). The hope is I will have a new appreciation for previously neglected episodes that I would skip over.
I'm interested to know if you see a noticeable quality difference.
There is an example in the first post of this thread:

https://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4432