Back in action

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Back in action

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hey all! Sorry for being MIA lately, big doings at Flemingo Key.

The Mrs. and I have relocated to the west coast of Florida, leaving NYC behind. It's been a hectic last few months and tomorrow will mark our first full week as Floridians! Still much to do as the balance of our belongings won't finish delivering until 9/25 but we're getting there. We still haven't figured out the vibe for the new Flemingo Key, but a covered lanai and screened in pool give us a lot to play with. Pics and updates to come.

As usual, big thanks to Styles for keeping an eye on things.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

NotthatRick
Admiral

Re: Back in action

#2 Post by NotthatRick »

Congratulations!! Should be much nicer than New York!! :)

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Congrats! I'm jealous! :lol:

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

Congratulations!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by eagle »

Congratulations! I don't live in New York, but my state isn't much better and I too have considered relocating to Florida. I'm hoping for a transfer at work to a remote position, which would then allow me to relocate. Here's hoping! :magnum:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by T.Q. »

ConchRepublican wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:41 pm Hey all! Sorry for being MIA lately, big doings at Flemingo Key.

The Mrs. and I have relocated to the west coast of Florida, leaving NYC behind. It's been a hectic last few months and tomorrow will mark our first full week as Floridians! Still much to do as the balance of our belongings won't finish delivering until 9/25 but we're getting there. We still haven't figured out the vibe for the new Flemingo Key, but a covered lanai and screened in pool give us a lot to play with. Pics and updates to come.

How are you handling all that freedom Conch? :P
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

eagle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:18 pm Congratulations! I don't live in New York, but my state isn't much better and I too have considered relocating to Florida. I'm hoping for a transfer at work to a remote position, which would then allow me to relocate. Here's hoping! :magnum:
Best of luck to you! My wife is working remote . . . prior to the pandemic she didn't think it would work, but after a year and a half of working from home she figured it out. It's much better to start your day with a swim in the pool, right outside her office!
T.Q. wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:07 pm
ConchRepublican wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:41 pm Hey all! Sorry for being MIA lately, big doings at Flemingo Key.

How are you handling all that freedom Conch? :P
Feeling like William Wallace baby!!!

I get NYC news every once in a while and it's like a different country there . . . so glad to have escaped.

So maybe it's William Wallace with a bit of Snake Plissken. :D

CoziTV Superfan spot

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by T.Q. »

ConchRepublican wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:57 pm
Feeling like William Wallace baby!!!

I get NYC news every once in a while and it's like a different country there . . . so glad to have escaped.

So maybe it's William Wallace with a bit of Snake Plissken. :D

Things are crazy in some places.

Canada is bad.

My daughter just graduated and she's gonna get terminated from her brand new job if she doesn't get the mNRA even though she has a doctor's letter.

Should be highly illegal but few are fighting it.

My wife and I aren't vaccinated and looks like we will be banned from hopping to Florida soon (let alone our Hawai'i timeshare).

Since the vaccinated spread the same as unvaccinated none of this makes any sense. But we've been in clown world for some time now.

Enjoy your freedom.

Crazy times.
Last edited by T.Q. on Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by eagle »

We're getting off-topic, but not far from what I imagine is the reason Conch moved...

Anyway: Australians are fighting back, but they are being choked and shot at by "their" government. This is not how things are supposed to be.

I'm not vaccinated either, and don't have any plan to be, but I think I already had covid last November.

This whole thing is very crazy, yes.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by T.Q. »

eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:26 pm We're getting off-topic, but not far from what I imagine is the reason Conch moved...

Anyway: Australians are fighting back, but they are being choked and shot at by "their" government. This is not how things are supposed to be.

I'm not vaccinated either, and don't have any plan to be, but I think I already had covid last November.

Yes, certainly off-topic and don't want a debate/fight with anyone.

Just hate that forced/coerced medical procedures have hit our shores.

My wife and I are waiting for a vaccine from Novavax. It's more traditional.

Cheers.

ConchRepublican

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:26 pm We're getting off-topic, but not far from what I imagine is the reason Conch moved...

The stuff coming out of Australia is quite disturbing.

Vaxxed, not vaxxed, waiting for more info, have anti-bodies, whatever, each individual should have the choice what they want to do with their own bodies. Everyone should make choices about what they feel is best for themselves and their family. Seems pretty simple and basic to me.

The overreach of governments across the West especially is very troubling, but moreso are the tactics being employed to divide people and point them against each other. The words being used to label people, making them not people but "them" is an age old tactic to dehumanize.

But I digress . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#12 Post by Pahonu »

ConchRepublican wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:48 pm

The stuff coming out of Australia is quite disturbing.

Vaxxed, not vaxxed, waiting for more info, have anti-bodies, whatever, each individual should have the choice what they want to do with their own bodies. Everyone should make choices about what they feel is best for themselves and their family. Seems pretty simple and basic to me.

The overreach of governments across the West especially is very troubling, but moreso are the tactics being employed to divide people and point them against each other. The words being used to label people, making them not people but "them" is an age old tactic to dehumanize.

But I digress . . .
Since the comments are multiplying:

Two points of disagreement Conch. Your early statement that the vaccinated and unvaccinated spread the illness similarly is incorrect. The vaccinated are absolutely capable of spreading the virus like the unvaccinated, however the rate of spread among the vaccinated is dramatically lower and they therefore represent only a small fraction of the total spread. There is a clear correlation between higher rates of spread and positivity rates in communities with lower vaccination rates.

The argument that individuals should have the decision to vaccinate or not is also flawed. Individuals do have that choice, as you and several other members have posted that you have chosen not to do so and that remains the case. You are not being forced to have the vaccine. What you are arguing is that if you choose not to be vaccinated, you should have every privilege in public spaces that the vaccinated have, even though being unvaccinated carries with it a higher risk of contracting the virus for you, which is your choice to risk, but also of spreading the virus to others in public, which creates a risk they have not chosen.

That is the root of the error in logic. There are many public activities that have safety limitations accepted as legal by the courts. You have every right to drink alcohol to excess over the age of 21 in the US. You may also operate a motor vehicle on public roads, with proper licensing, registration, etc… You do not have the right to do both or you may be charged with criminal DUI. You have the choice not to vaccinate but it will cary limits in public spaces to protect public health. This seems to be what you are unhappy about. The legal case history in the US is very clearly defined in this respect, going all the way back to Jacobson v. Massachusetts in 1905, and cited repeatedly in subsequent Supreme Court cases over the decades.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by litefoot »

I am with Pahonu on this one.

I have been having jabs since childhood. Tetanus. Flu. I have had both my Covid jabs (Astra Zeneca, for the record), as have my parents. Dad has just had his Covid booster. My parents have a flu jab booster every year. Mum is 75, Dad is 87. They are fit and healthy. Yes, you have a right to refuse, but don't fear the jab!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Little Garwood »

If Covid-19 only affected children, would those against vaccination refuse it for their children?
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:12 am The vaccinated are absolutely capable of spreading the virus like the unvaccinated, however the rate of spread among the vaccinated is dramatically lower and they therefore represent only a small fraction of the total spread. There is a clear correlation between higher rates of spread and positivity rates in communities with lower vaccination rates.
And how exactly do you know this to be true? Did you personally verify all this? Have you been going from hospital to hospital, from patient to patient, checking each case? Or is this simply something that you got from the "evening news"? See, that's why we don't watch the "news" anymore in our family. News used to be reported, now they're mostly made up to fit agendas.

So none of these "statistics" mean anything if I can't verify them. Should I just trust them blindly? "Trust" is a rare commodity these days, I'm afraid.