Any toy collectors out there?

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Any toy collectors out there?

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Life changes are coming for my parents and their attic and basement are full of toys I'm looking to find a home for.

Ranging from 1/32 scale plastic molded soldiers (Marx, Airfix and Matchbox) from the 50s through the 70s with vehicles and playsets, through Fisher-Price Adventure people, Micronauts, Johnny West, GI Joe (12" and 3 3/4") and Star Wars amongst other odds and ends. They are played with, very few would be considered "mint in box" but there's some good stuff in there, especially dad's old castle and western fort playsets and volume.

If anyone is interested, or can point me in the right direction of a collector, I'd appreciate it!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Any toy collectors out there?

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

My dad used to collect toy trains (Marx, Lionel, Hornby), but he passed away years ago now. I think his collection was worth a fraction of what it would have been a decade earlier (before ebay and before the old timers started passing away).

As you probably know, ebay is the best place to get top dollar. But it requires a lot of leg work on your part - so it depends on how much your time is worth! I love old Star Wars toy and have a bunch, but sometimes I feel like they're just clutter...and then suddenly I'm glad I have them. The nature of collecting things, I guess.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Any toy collectors out there?

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:50 pm My dad used to collect toy trains (Marx, Lionel, Hornby), but he passed away years ago now. I think his collection was worth a fraction of what it would have been a decade earlier (before ebay and before the old timers started passing away).

As you probably know, ebay is the best place to get top dollar. But it requires a lot of leg work on your part - so it depends on how much your time is worth! I love old Star Wars toy and have a bunch, but sometimes I feel like they're just clutter...and then suddenly I'm glad I have them. The nature of collecting things, I guess.
Yeah, Ebay would be best for maximizing the $$ but unfortunately that's quite time consuming and we're working under a bit of a deadline. I'm thinking that the best bet is a collector who may bid on the lot, we all get a little something that way.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04