Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Robins Nest "Stuff"

#16 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:32 pm
Beat you by 1 minute! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#17 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm I think Sam's right. The vantage point is very similar. Probably inspired the piece of art with other photos used to fill in the blanks - plus artist's license to fudge here and there. My mom's an artist. They often change reality to suit their needs!
Sam was arguing that it was just a copy. I agree with you that it inspired the artwork, but it’s not just photoshopped from the image. It’s nice artwork, but it’s not architecturally accurate, as I stated before.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#18 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Ahh. I see what you mean. Of course the trees are in the way and all that.

Here's a better comparison, in case there was any doubt...

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu

#19 Post by Pahonu »

It’s a nice painting, but if the two were able to be overlayed, they are not the same. It appears they used the photo as a subject, removed a lot of foliage to get a better image, filled in what was behind the foliage the best they knew how, and that’s what we see. It seems fairly obvious when you scrutinize them together directly that it’s not just a photoshopped image. Thanks for the putting them together like that.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Sam »

Hi Pahonu... Maybe a misunderstanding I wasn't implying it was photoshopped what I was trying to say was it was copied from that picture with some detail.
Missing in the photograph is the gate in the courtyard and the panels on the umbrellas are not obvious..

In the drawing it has the proper gate and also the yellow and white panels on the umbrellas.

Pahonu

#21 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:55 pm Hi Pahonu... Maybe a misunderstanding I wasn't implying it was photoshopped what I was trying to say was it was copied from that picture with some detail.
Missing in the photograph is the gate in the courtyard and the panels on the umbrellas are not obvious..

In the drawing it has the proper gate and also the yellow and white panels on the umbrellas.
Gotcha! :D