A COVID discussion

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: A COVID discussion

#46 Post by Pahonu »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:52 pm
Styles Bitchley wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 amI find it too exhausting to engage in hyper partisan conversations these days.
I know what you mean. That's why these days I just make a brief point and only defend it in a half-assed way. :D

I'm not partisan though. I don't support any political party or bother with "left" vs. "right" nonsense. As for the US, I think Trump is just as much a sellout liar as Biden is. I think Hillary Clinton should be in jail with George Bush. I think the entire US Congress should be arrested as traitors to their country. (...how's that for non-partisan?)
MKB,
This is completely off topic for this thread, which was also completely of topic for the John Hillerman thread where it began. :shock: Something popped into my head very recently because you told me you were from PEI, and I just remembered to ask you. I had a conversation at a party at least 20 years ago with a guy from PEI. Many drinks and topics later, he mentioned that it was really popular where he was from to put grape nuts cereal on ice cream. How this came up, I haven’t a clue. He even said some ice cream makers sell a flavor with grape nuts in it. I know this sounds stupid random, but somehow the comment stuck with me. Is this actually true, or did I remember it totally wrong? Maybe he was messing with me but I don’t know why that would be. I’ve always been a little interested in regional food habits and cuisines. :lol:

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Pahonu wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:43 am
MKB,
This is completely off topic for this thread, which was also completely of topic for the John Hillerman thread where it began. :shock: Something popped into my head very recently because you told me you were from PEI, and I just remembered to ask you. I had a conversation at a party at least 20 years ago with a guy from PEI. Many drinks and topics later, he mentioned that it was really popular where he was from to put grape nuts cereal on ice cream. How this came up, I haven’t a clue. He even said some ice cream makers sell a flavor with grape nuts in it. I know this sounds stupid random, but somehow the comment stuck with me. Is this actually true, or did I remember it totally wrong? Maybe he was messing with me but I don’t know why that would be. I’ve always been a little interested in regional food habits and cuisines. :lol:
I don't know. But to go off topic off the previous off topic topic, your story reminds me of something somebody said once. They were saying something they heard their grandmother say that they overheard in a laundromat about a guy who once dreamed about a walrus. Or something like that. :P

But to get back to the point, no, I never heard of grape nuts on ice cream. Who eats grape nuts?

Pahonu

#48 Post by Pahonu »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:15 am
Pahonu wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:43 am
MKB,
I don't know. But to go off topic off the previous off topic topic, your story reminds me of something somebody said once. They were saying something they heard their grandmother say that they overheard in a laundromat about a guy who once dreamed about a walrus. Or something like that. :P

But to get back to the point, no, I never heard of grape nuts on ice cream. Who eats grape nuts?
Not me! They’re like gravel in a box. I think I also remembered the story because I read a news article recently about how certain niche foods, let’s call them, have been harder to find during the pandemic as producers have simplified their production lines to increase production of more popular products in response to hoarding.

Maybe he was messing with me, or maybe it was our intoxicated state! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Little Garwood »

Hilarious thread which hasn’t aged well at all. :lol:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Pahonu

#50 Post by Pahonu »

Little Garwood wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:01 pm Hilarious thread which hasn’t aged well at all. :lol:
I can’t argue with that!