Merry Christmas, friends

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Merry Christmas, friends

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hi Guys!

I usually take in a viewing of Operation Silent Night at Christmastime, but this year I felt like Paper War, for whatever reason.

I realize the community has become somewhat less vibrant that it once was, but I still think of you guys often.

All the best to you and yours in these difficult times.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Merry Christmas, friends

#2 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:08 pm Hi Guys!

I usually take in a viewing of Operation Silent Night at Christmastime, but this year I felt like Paper War, for whatever reason.

I realize the community has become somewhat less vibrant that it once was, but I still think of you guys often.

All the best to you and yours in these difficult times.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Next on the list for the 40th Anniversary Viewing Party is Thank Heavens for Little Girls... and Big Ones Too. That’s tomorrow night.

Happy Holidays!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hey Styles,
I am very familiar with Paper War. I always enjoy it. I did watch Operation Silent Night tonight. Enjoyed it again of course. One of the most memorable scenes for me is T.C. calling Higgins by his first name. Its a very tender moment. Very relevent at present in that I am sure we all realise the value of our real friendships now. Your observation is correct of course concerning our Mania location being less vibrant. There is so much other stressful stuff going on in our heads during this global crisis. Thankfully even if we are collectively less vocal its beneficial to us maniacs that we all continue to check in regularly and try to stay positive. Mele Kalikimaka to you and your loved ones. :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Great to hear from you both. Terry, you’ve convinced me to make time tomorrow for Operation Silent Night! The Chieftans Bells of Dublin album is my family’s go-to Christmas album (along with Bing’s classic). Nice to be sandwiched between Ireland and Oahu.

Best of health to you and your families, gentlemen.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Hello everyone and a very Merry Christmas ! :magnum:

I also wanted to thank you all three, but also a few others, for welcoming me with open arms on this forum. I had a great time in your company this past year !

Thank you for having also standed my French 'whims' and my sometimes approximate knowledge!

It is true that the circumstances are currently rather bleak, but we must keep hope! We're going to make it through!

Otherwise, as I go along, I hope to pursue my work by completing the Rubber's Chicken topic.

Thanks for reading !
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

Merry Christmas fellow Maniacs!

I can't stay long but wanted to drop in and wish all who celebrate and wonderful Christmas!!

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by terryfromkerry »

Many return festive and new year good wishes to you Conch and the rest of the team who keep the show on the road. Appreciate the work behind the scenes you ,Kenji & the rest of the team do for us maniacs. Its been a difficult and stressful year for all of us. Its nice to have this safe haven to check into whenever we feel like getting away from the present reality. Each and everyone of you deserve a lot of credit for the extra work you put into this MPI oasis of enjoyment, fellowship and sanity for all of us. Mahalo :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".