For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: COVID19 Protocol

#46 Post by Pahonu »

Chris109 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:55 pm
eagle wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:41 pm
Chris109 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:02 pm I went back and looked at the beginning of this thread. It started THREE years ago. I don't mean the thread particularly, but this whole bullshit virus thing.
"Do as you're told!"
I'm just glad that many millions did not bend the knee.
At the very start, we canceled all engagements. Two weeks? Sure, I'll do "two weeks to flatten the curve." But then it turned into 3 weeks, then 4, then ... by 6 weeks I told my wife that this was never going to end, and we were done. We have lived our lives like normal since 6 weeks in. There were places we couldn't go, but I was fine with that.

For me, the worst outcome was that I now have absolutely no faith in our scientific community -- they proved themselves to be completely politicizeable, and have now been completely politicized. Same for federal government health agencies: It is obvious that different agencies were working in concert to push a narrative, damn the plentiful evidence to the contrary.

It is horrible what they did to us -- convincing Americans to turn on each other -- "You're gonna kill grandma if you don't wear a mask" ... forcing the dying to die alone. The list is long, and we all know it.

I lost real, lifelong friends as a result of this madness, and that infuriates me.

I will never again trust another major recommendation from the CDC or any other government health agency. Never. And that's terrible, but that's what Fauci did. And I know I'm not alone.
My sister was a relatively healthy person. She got the shot and a booster or two. Now she has cancer in different parts of her body. Was it because of the shots? May as well blame them, since by using the left's logic, every act of violence in this country is because of whitey supremo no matter what the race of the perp is, so therefore the shot is the cause of her cancer.

There better be a hell cause all of these killers do not deserve any other place to spend eternity.
My sister was also a healthy person until she got breast cancer that metastasized to her organs four years ago and she passed at age 52. I find your comments offensive and I make no apologies for calling out your ignorant comments here. I wish your sister and you good health in the future, unlike my sister’s tragic circumstances.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#47 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Yes. There is an extreme lack of judgement shown here by continuing to discuss issues that are so polarizing. I suggest that this thread and others like it come to an end. It brings out the worst in everyone and creates an unwelcoming environment for any new members who may be interested in light hearted banter on this vintage TV show we all enjoy. There are many many other forums where difficult and polarizing issues are discussed at length and I suggest everyone brings their thoughts on those issues to those more relevant platforms.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#48 Post by ConchRepublican »

Chris109 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:02 pm I went back and looked at the beginning of this thread. It started THREE years ago. I don't mean the thread particularly, but this whole bullshit virus thing.
"Do as you're told!"
At the very start, we canceled all engagements. Two weeks? Sure, I'll do "two weeks to flatten the curve." But then it turned into 3 weeks, then 4, then ... by 6 weeks I told my wife that this was never going to end, and we were done. We have lived our lives like normal since 6 weeks in. There were places we couldn't go, but I was fine with that.

For me, the worst outcome was that I now have absolutely no faith in our scientific community -- they proved themselves to be completely politicizeable, and have now been completely politicized. Same for federal government health agencies: It is obvious that different agencies were working in concert to push a narrative, damn the plentiful evidence to the contrary.

It is horrible what they did to us -- convincing Americans to turn on each other -- "You're gonna kill grandma if you don't wear a mask" ... forcing the dying to die alone. The list is long, and we all know it.

I lost real, lifelong friends as a result of this madness, and that infuriates me.

I will never again trust another major recommendation from the CDC or any other government health agency. Never. And that's terrible, but that's what Fauci did. And I know I'm not alone.
My sister was a relatively healthy person. She got the shot and a booster or two. Now she has cancer in different parts of her body. Was it because of the shots? May as well blame them, since by using the left's logic, every act of violence in this country is because of whitey supremo no matter what the race of the perp is, so therefore the shot is the cause of her cancer.

There better be a hell cause all of these killers do not deserve any other place to spend eternity.
Damn Chris, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I have a LOT of concerns about this shot & boosters. That it was forced on so many people, regardless of their health or risk level immediately bothered me. Protect the vulnerable and let the strong continue, right? That's the usual course but with how they handled things all they did was create even more fertilizer for conspiracy theorists. And kids getting this shot? Being forced otherwise no schooling? Talk about a strong arm tactic, creating pariahs unless one complies .... I do not look forward to the Fertility issues in 15-20 years, but I pray I'm wrong.

Prayers and. positive thoughts heading out for your sister ...
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by T.Q. »

Sorry to hear.

I hesitate to write this because I don't want to get into other arguments on MM but there does seem to be quite an uptick on what can only be described as 'turbo cancers'.

And we have family members in their 40s now with myocarditis, blood clots, dizzy spells, that are resulting in frequent hospital visits.

I'm worried about them.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu

#50 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear.

I hesitate to write this because I don't want to get into other arguments on MM but there does seem to be quite an uptick on what can only be described as 'turbo cancers'.

And we have family members in their 40s now with myocarditis, blood clots, dizzy spells, that are resulting in frequent hospital visits.

I'm worried about them.
I’m sorry to hear about your family members. My family has seen some health issues in the last few years as well. The worst was the loss of my uncle to COVID about a year and a half ago. We also lost two elderly neighbors we were close to in the first months of the pandemic. A friend at work lost his sense of smell over a year ago after testing positive and it has never returned. Another colleague lost her husband.

I wanted to point out that viral infections such as influenza, polio, and COVID-19 are the most common cause of myocarditis. The FDA and the EU’s equivalent put the rate of myocarditis from the mRNA vaccines at 1 in 100,000. There are other causes as well such as toxoplasmosis, and some toxins. Even electrical shock can be a cause, but all are much less common than viral infection. My point is that a rise in cases after a global VIRAL pandemic is probably not something to be surprised by. It’s certainly not good that the it has risen, but to attribute it to a vaccine when all the evidence points at a viral cause doesn’t leave a lot of room for debate.

Also, rises in blood clotting from cytokine storms in the body and persistent dizziness were both being reported by COVID patients and health workers early in the pandemic. This was BEFORE any of the vaccines were even developed. The bottom line for me is that I will go with the evidence before speculation.

As far as aggressive cancers, some types are, some aren’t. This has been understood for quite some time and I haven’t seen any evidence relating to a rise related to either COVID or any vaccine. By way of totally meaningless anecdotal evidence, my father had geriatric leukemia late in his life. It has a slow progression. He received chemotherapy and lived for almost another decade until age 81. My wife’s father, on the other hand, was diagnosed with melanoma at age 45 in the mid 90’s and passed in less than two weeks as it was so aggressive. She barely got to see him as she rushed to arrange a flight.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by T.Q. »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:46 pm Yes. There is an extreme lack of judgement shown here by continuing to discuss issues that are so polarizing. I suggest that this thread and others like it come to an end. It brings out the worst in everyone and creates an unwelcoming environment for any new members who may be interested in light hearted banter on this vintage TV show we all enjoy. There are many many other forums where difficult and polarizing issues are discussed at length and I suggest everyone brings their thoughts on those issues to those more relevant platforms.
Yeah, the entire thread should maybe be nuked.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu

#52 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:31 pm
Styles Bitchley wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:46 pm Yes. There is an extreme lack of judgement shown here by continuing to discuss issues that are so polarizing. I suggest that this thread and others like it come to an end. It brings out the worst in everyone and creates an unwelcoming environment for any new members who may be interested in light hearted banter on this vintage TV show we all enjoy. There are many many other forums where difficult and polarizing issues are discussed at length and I suggest everyone brings their thoughts on those issues to those more relevant platforms.
Yeah, the entire thread should maybe be nuked.

I’m fine with that. Myself and others can give no response if a topic isn’t broached.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#53 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hi guys!

As you all know, I really hate to squash discussion. I think it's important people be able to say what they feel/believe about things, sometimes they learn they were wrong, other times others will learn they were right and and often, if done with respect, both sides will come away at least with an understanding of the other.

Most of us here have been here for quite a long time and by and large there's a respectful dialogue/exchange of opinions and ideas. While there have been a few times things went the wrong way, that's a rare occurrence and considering what we all experienced since 2020, and the emotions involved, I think overall we did well. And I appreciate that very much.

I intend to be more active here and as such will be keeping an eye on things. As always, people have a choice read/respond or not, advice I took regarding the Reboot section. So, for now at least, I want to leave this thread up and live. At the very least it's a reminder that maybe we should double think our response to friends, because I do like to think that's what we are, before hitting the send button.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ConchRepublican wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:43 pm Hi guys!

As you all know, I really hate to squash discussion. I think it's important people be able to say what they feel/believe about things, sometimes they learn they were wrong, other times others will learn they were right and and often, if done with respect, both sides will come away at least with an understanding of the other.

Most of us here have been here for quite a long time and by and large there's a respectful dialogue/exchange of opinions and ideas. While there have been a few times things went the wrong way, that's a rare occurrence and considering what we all experienced since 2020, and the emotions involved, I think overall we did well. And I appreciate that very much.

I intend to be more active here and as such will be keeping an eye on things. As always, people have a choice read/respond or not, advice I took regarding the Reboot section. So, for now at least, I want to leave this thread up and live. At the very least it's a reminder that maybe we should double think our response to friends, because I do like to think that's what we are, before hitting the send button.
Well said, Conch. And if you pardon my slight detour on this thread I just wanted to report something that I noticed over the past few days. When I post something and then click Edit to edit what I posted and then click Submit it actually creates a duplicate post with the edited content. The original post also remains but without the edited content. So then the workaround is to delete the duplicate post and again edit the original post, at which point the edit works fine.

Just thought I would bring this up. Wonder if anyone else noticed this.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by Chris109 »

Pahonu wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:13 am
"Do as you're told!"

My sister was also a healthy person until she got breast cancer that metastasized to her organs four years ago and she passed at age 52. I find your comments offensive and I make no apologies for calling out your ignorant comments here. I wish your sister and you good health in the future, unlike my sister’s tragic circumstances.
What comments are offensive? The ones about the special hell for making people get shots or the one about white supremacy being the cause of all evils?

Pahonu

#56 Post by Pahonu »

Chris109 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:12 pm
"Do as you're told!"

What comments are offensive? The ones about the special hell for making people get shots or the one about white supremacy being the cause of all evils?
I’ll be very straightforward, I find offense in your quite cavalier comment about breast cancer, which is a leading cause of death for women in the US, behind only heart disease, I believe. To quote: “She got the shot and a booster or two. Now she has cancer in different parts of her body. Was it because of the shots? May as well blame them…” I’m truly sorry that your sister is suffering through this and I wish her well as I stated in my initial post. My comment was not political regarding vaccination or the pandemic. Breast cancer is an incredibly serious and important issue in women’s lives. Your seeming politicalization of the issue that has affected so many families over the years as somehow just the result of the COVID pandemic or the CDC or as you stated: “since by using the left's logic, every act of violence in this country is because of whitey supremo no matter what the race of the perp is, so therefore the shot is the cause of her cancer.” It’s a diminution of an incredibly complex and tragic set of circumstances surrounding this disease. Again, I wish your sister the best. The loss of my sister was an incredible loss to my mother and myself, and I wish no one, including you and your family, the same pain.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by Chris109 »

Pahonu wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:04 am

I’ll be very straightforward, I find offense in your quite cavalier comment about breast cancer, which is a leading cause of death for women in the US, behind only heart disease, I believe. To quote: “She got the shot and a booster or two. Now she has cancer in different parts of her body. Was it because of the shots? May as well blame them…” I’m truly sorry that your sister is suffering through this and I wish her well as I stated in my initial post. My comment was not political regarding vaccination or the pandemic. Breast cancer is an incredibly serious and important issue in women’s lives. Your seeming politicalization of the issue that has affected so many families over the years as somehow just the result of the COVID pandemic or the CDC or as you stated: “since by using the left's logic, every act of violence in this country is because of whitey supremo no matter what the race of the perp is, so therefore the shot is the cause of her cancer.” It’s a diminution of an incredibly complex and tragic set of circumstances surrounding this disease. Again, I wish your sister the best. The loss of my sister was an incredible loss to my mother and myself, and I wish no one, including you and your family, the same pain.
I never said anything about breast cancer. As a matter of fact, she has it on her spine. How many cases of spine cancer have you heard of? And my sister is the one who said it probably came from the shot. She said she would never have gotten it, but her job MANDATED it.
Just about everyone on my mother's side of the family has had cancer. Grandmother died of leukemia. Her brother (my great uncle who was a Polish WW1 hero) died of colon cancer. My mother had pancreatic cancer. My brother has/had bladder cancer. My other two sisters and brother have had polyps removed from their colons. On my father's side, everyone on his side loved their alcohol and eventually became demented. I don't take anything lightly.

And me? I'm the only one in the family whose scan came back negative for polyps. I stopped drinking many, many years ago, so I don't need any help going nuts. I can do that on my own.

So, I'll leave it there.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:41 pm

I never said anything about breast cancer. As a matter of fact, she has it on her spine. How many cases of spine cancer have you heard of? And my sister is the one who said it probably came from the shot. She said she would never have gotten it, but her job MANDATED it.
Just about everyone on my mother's side of the family has had cancer. Grandmother died of leukemia. Her brother (my great uncle who was a Polish WW1 hero) died of colon cancer. My mother had pancreatic cancer. My brother has/had bladder cancer. My other two sisters and brother have had polyps removed from their colons. On my father's side, everyone on his side loved their alcohol and eventually became demented. I don't take anything lightly.

And me? I'm the only one in the family whose scan came back negative for polyps. I stopped drinking many, many years ago, so I don't need any help going nuts. I can do that on my own.

So, I'll leave it there.
Chris, you make good points. There's so much out there right now causing all sorts of cancers and other diseases (which our ancestors never even heard of - they never had any of these ailments) that we don't even know about. What we consume, what we breathe, eat, etc. The last thing we need is more stuff injected into our bodies. I used to think people who avoided doctors and hospitals like the plague were a bit screwy. Now I'm beginning to understand them.

Pahonu

#59 Post by Pahonu »

So, I'll leave it there.
The type of cancer is not my point, and my sister’s breast cancer actually metastasized to her spine first and then other internal organs over the two and a half years of treatment to try and prolong her life a bit. That’s actually a pretty common progression for several types of cancer. Cancer originating in the spine is relatively uncommon but does occur, though that is also irrelevant to my point.

I guess the simplest way I can state my view is that politicizing cancer of any type accomplishes nothing. Saying you might as well blame the shot accomplishes nothing. Comparing it to violence in this country or blame on whitey supremos, I think you wrote, accomplishes nothing. Don’t write off some incredible medical advances based on a political view.

I hope your sister is utilizing the most recent cancer treatments and not writing off the latest medical knowledge as I described above. There have been incredible advances over the years. The same melanoma that killed my wife’s father in the 90’s is treatable through gene therapy today and has allowed a work friend of mine to live many years after his diagnosis. He is retiring this year in remission. My wife’s father passed at age 45 and never enjoyed retirement.

Pahonu

#60 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:14 pm

So, I'll leave it there.
Chris, you make good points. There's so much out there right now causing all sorts of cancers and other diseases (which our ancestors never even heard of - they never had any of these ailments) that we don't even know about. What we consume, what we breathe, eat, etc. The last thing we need is more stuff injected into our bodies. I used to think people who avoided doctors and hospitals like the plague were a bit screwy. Now I'm beginning to understand them.
I’m sorry to hear you feel that way. The only point I would make is that medical advances are the very reason we live to the extended ages we do today. As a history teacher I will simply say that the life expectancy just 100 years ago in 1920 in the US was under 55 years. Now it is over 75 years. That’s because of medical advancements. The fact that 90% of current cancers are diagnosed in people over 45 explains very well why cancer rates are higher today than in the past. It’s nothing nefarious. We live much longer lives and cancer mutations rise with age. To take my point to its extreme, I can imagine very few people got cancer in the medieval period when life expectancy in Europe was less than 40. A small number of people then lived to the ages we typically do today and might have gotten cancer, but how unusual would that have been?

At its most basic, are you saying that if you suffered a heart attack tonight, you wouldn’t call 911 and seek medical treatment? You would avoid it like the screwy people you mention. I hope you would want the ER doctors to use all the knowledge, treatments, and drugs they have to save your life. I suppose some might not, but I’m not in that group and I think most are not no matter how they feel politically about vaccination. It appears to be a bit of pick and choose the medical advancements they believe, though I see no logical rationale to base those seemingly arbitrary decisions on.