RIP Robert Conrad

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

RIP Robert Conrad

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Unfortunately we lost another classic actor Saturday 2/8/20, Mr. Robert Conrad. While I never saw Hawaiian Eye, I grew up on Wild Wild West reruns and was a big fan of Baa Baa Black Sheep, which was littered with future Magnum PI co- and guest-stars.

And who can forget those classic Battle of the Network Stars episodes!

https://apnews.com/c004fcc7ab08b24d270f027547cea953
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

NotthatRick
Admiral

Re: RIP Robert Conrad

#2 Post by NotthatRick »

Rest In Peace.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: RIP Robert Conrad

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

The Everybody Loves Raymond flashback episode where Raymond and his brother Robert are watching Wild Wild West on the sofa, takes me right back to 1967.
Friday nights was a battle between my brother Bill and me wanting to watch Wild Wild Wild West on one side, and on the other our 4 siblings plus the parents wanting
to watch Tarzan on NBC on the color TV in the living room.
We always lost and wound up watching James West on the ancient black and white Magnavox in the basement. It didn't matter, each week we reveled in the action of the
first "steam punk" (as it's styled today) TV series, with what is considered the greatest team of stunt men ever assembled.
Which included Conrad, and the stuntmen loved him for it. I remember him saying the show was canceled not so much because of the public uproar about violence on
TV, but because his body just couldn't take another season - he was in most every scene - and it was a relief for his family that it ended.
The two TV movies that came later were pretty good as well.
You know, I watched 5 minutes of the Oscar pre-show tonight, they interviewed some man in a dress on the red carpet, and complimented him on it. I turned it off.
Mister Conrad, I don't think you will be missing much going forward, but you done good in your time.
Rest in peace buddy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wilbur the Beatnik: "Like goodnight, sweet prince and may angels swing thee to thy rest"
Peter Gunn episode 9