Ultra Hard Magnum Quiz

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ultra Hard Magnum Quiz

#16 Post by 308GUY »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Quiz Question:
Actress Shirley Rogers appears in the famous 'Snorkel Bit' in the opening credits wherein Magnum glances at her derriere
and reacts facially. This was from the episode 'Three Minus Two', Rogers also appearing in 'Don't Say Goodbye'.
The trivia question is, what other episode did she appear in, unbilled, in some crowd shots?

ANSWER: She appeared in several crowd scenes in All Roads Lead To Floyd.

New Quiz Query:
Tom Selleck, Roger Mosley and Larry Manetti appeared on screen together only once after Magnum PI.
What was the name of the show?

Wasn't it Vegas? :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Quiz Question:
Actress Shirley Rogers appears in the famous 'Snorkel Bit' in the opening credits wherein Magnum glances at her derriere
and reacts facially. This was from the episode 'Three Minus Two', Rogers also appearing in 'Don't Say Goodbye'.
The trivia question is, what other episode did she appear in, unbilled, in some crowd shots?

ANSWER: She appeared in several crowd scenes in All Roads Lead To Floyd.

New Quiz Query:
Tom Selleck, Roger Mosley and Larry Manetti appeared on screen together only once after Magnum PI.
What was the name of the show?
Wasn't it Vegas? :geek:
308Guy,
You are correct sir. The episode was "Life Gives You Lemon Bars". I have never seen it, hope it was good.

New Query:
Tom Selleck graduated Grant High in Van Nuys, California. One of his classmates is another major part of Magnum PI.
Who is it?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by 308GUY »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: New Query:
Tom Selleck graduated Grant High in Van Nuys, California. One of his classmates is another major part of Magnum PI.
Who is it?

From the "trivia" page of MM....
"Mike Post (co-composer the iconic Magnum P.I. theme song and in-episode music) was a high school classmate of Tom Selleck at Grant High School in Los Angeles. Micky Dolenz (The Monkees) was also a classmate."

Didn't look it up there, (just happened to recall it), but the Vegas connection is also mentioned on the trivia page, and even gives the episode title! LOL :lol:

Not sure if Mike Post is who you were going for, or if there are any others in the same category, but I did find out that TS graduated in 1962!

Keep em' coming..there are people here who know vast more amounts about the show, the cast and all things MPI related, than me! :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:
Who is it?
"Mike Post (co-composer the iconic Magnum P.I. theme song and in-episode music) was a high school classmate of Tom Selleck at Grant High School in Los Angeles. Micky Dolenz (The Monkees) was also a classmate."
Didn't look it up there, (just happened to recall it), but the Vegas connection is also mentioned on the trivia page, and even gives the episode title! LOL :lol:
Not sure if Mike Post is who you were going for, or if there are any others in the same category, but I did find out that TS graduated in 1962!
Keep em' coming..there are people here who know vast more amounts about the show, the cast and all things MPI related, than me! :geek:
Hi 308Guy,
The answer is indeed Mike Post. And more than likely I did read that on the Magnum Mania trivia page but I don't recall, I just did it off the top of of my head.
New Query:
When Magnum was a kid, what was the occupation he told his mother he wanted to be when he grew up?
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#20 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
308GUY wrote:
Who is it?
Hi 308Guy,
The answer is Mike Post. And more than likely I did read that on the Magnum Mania trivia page but I don't recall, I just did it off the top of of my head.
New Query:
When Magnum was a kid, what was the occupation he told his mother he wanted to be when he grew up?
orthodontist?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

New Query: When Magnum was a kid, what was the occupation he told his mother he wanted to be when he grew up?
Pahonu wrote - "Orthodontist?"

Hi Pahonu,
You are correct sir. Magnum relates that fact in "Dead Man's Channel". You win a case of The Lads' Milk Bones both to keep
your teeth clean and your pelt shiny.

NEXT QUESTION:
In one episode everyone tells Magnum he reeks of Brussels sprouts. What product caused that aroma, and what was the episode?

---------------------------------------------
“We kids feared many things in those days - werewolves, dentists, North Koreans, Sunday School - but they all paled in comparison with Brussels sprouts.”
...Dave Barry

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#22 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:New Query: When Magnum was a kid, what was the occupation he told his mother he wanted to be when he grew up?
Pahonu wrote - "Orthodontist?"

Hi Pahonu,
You are correct sir. Magnum relates that fact in "Dead Man's Channel". You win a case of The Lads' Milk Bones both to keep
your teeth clean and your pelt shiny.

NEXT QUESTION:
In one episode everyone tells Magnum he reeks of Brussels sprouts. What product caused that aroma, and what was the episode?

---------------------------------------------
“We kids feared many things in those days - werewolves, dentists, North Koreans, Sunday School - but they all paled in comparison with Brussels sprouts.”
...Dave Barry
I know this one for sure! The Legacy of Garwood Huddle was the episode. Pat Hingle was a great actor and favorite of mine. It was the freebee cologne Magnum got from Garwood's son-in-law played by Cliff Clavin, the king of trivia himself, John Ratzenberger, that caused the odor. It was supposed to bring out Magnum's natural scent. Hilarious sub-plot by the way. Pachismo?!? was the name of the cologne, if I recall. Was that meant to be a portmanteau of Patchouli and machismo, I wonder?

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by K Hale »

The Patchismo cologne was part of a whole array of products based on Amway crap. Great parody. The PatPlan subplot was the best part of that episode. :lol: PatWax took the paint off TC’s Van; Little Garwood wore PatPants and carried a PattyBear Doll.. I forget the rest...
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

NEXT QUESTION:In one episode everyone tells Magnum he reeks of Brussels sprouts. What product caused that aroma, and what was the episode?

PAHONU wrote:
I know this one for sure! The Legacy of Garwood Huddle was the episode. Pat Hingle was a great actor and favorite of mine. It was the freebee cologne Magnum got from Garwood's son-in-law played by Cliff Clavin, the king of trivia himself, John Ratzenberger, that caused the odor. It was supposed to bring out Magnum's natural scent. Hilarious sub-plot by the way. Pachismo?!? was the name of the cologne, if I recall. Was that meant to be a portmanteau of Patchouli and machismo, I wonder?

Pahonu,
You are correct sir. I also agree with you on the hilarious subplot, it's too bad they didn't make it the main story. They could have had Magnum taking a
second job hawking Pachismo and discovering it's a pyramid scheme, but not before annoying everyone to buy the shabby product line. Judging by KHale's
comments in this thread I don't think there is a sale there either for Pachismo or AMWAY products.

NEXT QUESTION:
In what episode was Magnum awarded the Cat Lover's Society "Cat Lover of the Month Award"?
I have to come clean on this one fellas, I don't know the answer but I recall him getting the award. I can't for the life of me remember him interacting
with or saving a cat in order to win it. Maybe I saw it in an unedited episode long ago but it was since deleted for more commercials on COZI-TV.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by K Hale »

Photo Play! He rescued a cat named Thibault from drowning in the tidal pool during a storm. Agatha’s cat lovers club awarded him cat lover of the month. The actual rescue isn’t shown. The scene where Magnum tries to get Higgins to listen to him practice his acceptance speech while Higgins is trying to watch the snooker game on TV is one of my favorites of the entire series.

As far as PatPlan products, if the Mag tried to sell me one, I’d buy it just because. :lol: Not gonna distribute any, though!
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by K Hale »

I think this means I have to come up with the next question!

OK. In what episode does Higgins utter his very first “Oh my God!”?
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

K Hale wrote:I think this means I have to come up with the next question!

OK. In what episode does Higgins utter his very first “Oh my God!”?

KHale,
Now that's a Ultra Hard Magnum Quiz question. If anybody gets this one you can paint me yellow and call me a cab.

------------------------------------
What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?
A stick.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi K.Hale,

Must agree with the nephew ! Helluva good and difficult question ! I have replayed the whole first season in my head and cannot answer. This is outrageous !! I am stumped ! :lol:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by K Hale »

Keep thinking! I’ll give it another day or two... :higgins:
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by K Hale »

OK... no one has gotten it so I’ll spill. Higgins uttered his first “Oh my God!” in S2 “Tropical Madness” when he opened the door expecting Jennifer Chapman only to find T.C. walking in. :lol:
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!