RIP Jan Michael Vincent

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

RIP Jan Michael Vincent

#1 Post by Laohu »

Jan-Michael Vincent, who starred in the TV series “Airwolf” and movies like “The Mechanic,” died on Feb. 10 at the age of 74 in North Carolina, according to a death certificate obtained by KTLA.

According to CBS, the actor died of cardiac arrest.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: RIP Jan Michael Vincent

#2 Post by KingKC »

I had no idea he had so many problems in his life. May he RIP.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Chris109 »

KingKC wrote:I had no idea he had so many problems in his life. May he RIP.
Had his leg amputated a few years back. Another person who was ruined by drugs.

MikeS
Admiral

#4 Post by MikeS »

I hadn't thought of JMV in ages, and was very saddened at how troubled he'd become.

In the early to mid 70s when commercial free tv came to my town, he was one of the faces I remember, in movies like Buster and Billie, White Line Fever, The Mechanic, The World's Greatest Athlete. I know, not all blockbusters, but it was fun having a bunch of friends over, gathering around the boob tube. Alot has changed.
MikeS

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Chris109 »

MikeS wrote:I hadn't thought of JMV in ages, and was very saddened at how troubled he'd become.

In the early to mid 70s when commercial free tv came to my town, he was one of the faces I remember, in movies like Buster and Billie, White Line Fever, The Mechanic, The World's Greatest Athlete. I know, not all blockbusters, but it was fun having a bunch of friends over, gathering around the boob tube. Alot has changed.
Don't forget Damnation Alley. World is nuked and they want to go to Albany to find the sender of a radio signal? The only radio signal in Albany is Heir Cuomo passing another gun restriction law.

Ooooh. I forgot abut the flesh eating cockroaches (RIP Paul Winfield). Now I have to download it. I know what I'll be doing tonight.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KingKC »

Chris109 wrote:
MikeS wrote:I hadn't thought of JMV in ages, and was very saddened at how troubled he'd become.

Don't forget Damnation Alley. World is nuked and they want to go to Albany to find the sender of a radio signal? The only radio signal in Albany is Heir Cuomo passing another gun restriction law.

Ooooh. I forgot abut the flesh eating cockroaches (RIP Paul Winfield). Now I have to download it. I know what I'll be doing tonight.
I am waaaay behind the times as I did not know Paul Winfield died. Not only was he a great actor but he did the narration of City Confidential which was one of those true crime magazine/shows. in fact I think he was doing the narrations when he died. Both my wife and I liked his voice. May he RIP.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Chris109 »

KingKC wrote:
I am waaaay behind the times as I did not know Paul Winfield died. Not only was he a great actor but he did the narration of City Confidential which was one of those true crime magazine/shows. in fact I think he was doing the narrations when he died. Both my wife and I liked his voice. May he RIP.
Mr. Winfield died 15 years ago. He was also a recipient of one of Khan's 'pets' in The Wrath of Khan.
I was only saying RIP cause in Damnation Alley......

SPOILER ALERT!!!!DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU GO BEYOND THIS LINE TO FIND A SPOILER!!!!!

he was the one eaten by mutant cockroaches.

Limbo
Lieutenant

#8 Post by Limbo »

He was also pretty great in "Hooper" with Burt Reynolds as well.

*plays Gabrielle's theme" for JMV.
Very good Magnum-san, very good,but why do you care so much for his life?. I don't....I care for yours.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by 308GUY »

Anybody seen/remember "Tribes"?

First time I remember seeing JMV on screen in any role. I thought it was pretty good at the time.

R.I.P.

Worldly troubles are over now.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"