Journey 2: Mysterious Island

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

Journey 2: Mysterious Island

#1 Post by Kevster »

A search didn't turn up any hits on variations of the movie title, but I wanted to point out that Luis Guzmán wears an MPI "Jungle Bird" shirt throughout the movie. From the moment he pops up on screen through almost all of the movie...

And, no I won't compare him and Jay Hernandez, though Guzman has more range, can do comedy, and I've enjoyed watching him play a part in a film or TV show...

:D :roll:
Trust Me!!!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Journey 2: Mysterious Island

#2 Post by terryfromkerry »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397514/me ... m908242944

Hey Kevster,
This is what you are looking for. :magnum:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

Re: Journey 2: Mysterious Island

#3 Post by Kevster »

Actually, the search I referenced was on the forum. I guess I should have been more clear. Thanks for the link though. Makes the point EXACTLY though! The Jungle Bird was the used throughout 90%+ of the actor's time in the movie.

That shirt was a deliberate move by someone in the production to make a connection to MPI. I like the actor, who played the buffoon comic relief in this film, though it's unlikely that the shirt was meant to associate that type of character to TS and MPI. I think the shirt was likely meant a homage by an MPI fan who was working on the movie.

Though I think the movie was pretty disposable overall, fans of MPI working in the industry (especially given the time passage) are likely fans "now" due to the quality of the original show. They see it as more than just a cool car, a guy with a mustache, and a parade of good looking women featured in a tropical location. So, if fans of the original show are working on a project that is of less than stellar quality, I kind of chalk it up to "people have to eat."

And then there's the reboot. I guess the lure of $$$ is more important than genuine quality. I'm sure that SOMEBODY had to recognize that the new show was full of shortcomings (PTP) as it moved through development and production, but nobody has had the &@!!$ to say "no" to the $$$ until the issues are addressed...
Trust Me!!!