The Now Playing Thread!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

The Now Playing Thread!

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ok, Magnum Maniacs. What are you listening to, right now! I'm so into music, all kinds! I'd love to hear what you guy's are listening to! It doesn't have to be live. Studio clip, music video, audio only... It doesn't matter. Just want to hear what you like! What is your current ear worm.

Depressing, but this is my song right now... :?

youtu.be/c4PcSEiRG5A
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MikeS
Admiral

Re: The Now Playing Thread!

#2 Post by MikeS »

My mom just recently introduced me to Tony Jackson, I really like this guy.

**** The Grand Tour ****
youtu.be/fsPUrSJpR7U

**** Drink By Drink ****
youtu.be/Wtjk1YAmxG0

**** Last Call ****
youtu.be/JIsxxYG-d3g
MikeS

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Steve »

I entered College in 1972 listening to this great song about the strife we had gone thru in the 60's and into 70's. My son started College last year and I made him listen to this to give him some perspective that even with all of the lunacy and division on the campuses and elsewhere we weather through as a Nation and a people..(God I miss Terry Kath, Chicago lost its soul when he died)..

youtu.be/oTDmkZNHpQ0

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome, Steve! Breaking out Chicago V! I love early Chicago! Terry Kath was indeed an amazing guitarist, and a great songwriter and singer, too. I distinctly remember my Dad talking to me about his death not long after it happened. "Always remember, there could be a round in the chamber." I have never forgotten that talk from my old man.

This makes me want to fire up The Chicago Transit Authority and crank out my favorite Kath song, "Introduction"! I really wish I hadn't sold all my vinyl records in the 90's. Who knew they would make a comeback! I sure didn't. :(

This is what I was just listening to when I took my dog out for a walk. A frail Jerry Garcia, not long before he died, but strong and full of passion! RIP my man! You (and Bob and Phil and everybody else) has filled my life with so much joy over the years. Thank you! :)

youtu.be/AX9Vhv4akxc

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

Well, this should wake up people's Thursday morning.

youtu.be/BvsMPOfblfg
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, Conch! The difference between Jerry Garcia and Rob Zombie is like night and day, oil and water! LOVE it though! I can get into some his stuff. Really digged Hellbilly Deluxe! :)

I'm listening to Gerry Rafferty's City to City album right now (again). This will forever be one of my favorite albums. I've come back to it time and time again over the years. Just sublime!

youtu.be/NSfOB8ANdWU

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

I'm starting to think our younger members might be rolling their eyes at our dinosaur picks (the way my son does at me in the car).......I hear these lads, what are they called again....The Foosball Fighters might have a nice diddy or two... :wink:

youtu.be/AFr-8RTwyeU

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by MagnumILWU »

"pickled egg please"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:I'm starting to think our younger members might be rolling their eyes at our dinosaur picks (the way my son does at me in the car).......I hear these lads, what are they called again....The Foosball Fighters might have a nice diddy or two... :wink:
LOL, Steve! You're probably right, but I know a lot of young people who are into classic rock. My 18-year-old daughter for one! I think there is a large percentage of youngsters out there that are starting to recognize what real music is, music that is created and performed by artists that actually write their own songs, and perform their own songs live (with real instruments), without the support of technology and house songwriters and producers! That Gerry Rafferty clip has 24M views! That can't be just all old folks like us looking at it. ;)

The Foo Fighters are a damn good rock band! They are one of the few modern rock bands that still get mainstream recognition (and sales) in this pop/rap/dance world we live in today. They and the Chili Peppers are the last ones left carrying the torch!

MagnumILWU, I corrected the link in your awesome "Freebird" clip so it will display in the thread. Killer performance of that GREAT song! :)

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by MagnumILWU »

J.J. Walters wrote:MagnumILWU, I corrected the link in your awesome "Freebird" clip so it will display in the thread. Killer performance of that GREAT song! :)
Thank You! I still haven't learned how to do that, or post pictures! :roll:
"pickled egg please"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

No worries. Just click 'Quote' in my post where I corrected your link and you will see how I did it. Just focus on everything that starts with youtube. ;)

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Sam »

As most of you know I'm an old guy,this is one song that gets me moving.If it happens to play when I'm in the car within a matter of seconds the Buick is screaming out of control at 43 miles an hour.

youtu.be/t3jf9_rua5Q

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Steve »

Heck yeah. LA woman, one of my favorites. Back in the early seventies had my Opel GT wide open to 52mph while listening to that on my poorly installed 8-track :lol:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Sam »

Still a good song...So that was you in the Opel.. terrorizing 494 or tearing up the parking lot at Fireside Pizza.

Minnetonka Skippers won the boys state tournament this year...Lou Nanne is still broadcasting the games.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:Still a good song...So that was you in the Opel.. terrorizing 494 or tearing up the parking lot at Fireside Pizza.

Minnetonka Skippers won the boys state tournament this year...Lou Nanne is still broadcasting the games.
How were the boys hockey hair cuts this year..........I see Lou's grand son plays for the Gophers....... You know Sam, I still can't believe Richfield High School doesn't have a team any longer. My brother told me you can even get on the remaining outdoor rinks and have the entire rink to yourself some days......