Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

#1 Post by KENJI »

Any predictions for the big fight on May 2.....who and what round??????
I'm cheering for Manni as I can't stand Mayweather, but I think Floyd will end up winning in the 4th round. I hope that I'm wrong. I wish it took place 3 or 4 years ago when they were both in their prime.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... e-soaring/

I can see them praying for a close fight or hoping for some controversy so they can pave the way for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao ll...........there is too much money at stake not to have another.

Lance Mannion
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

#2 Post by Lance Mannion »

KENJI wrote:Any predictions for the big fight on May 2.....who and what round??????
I'm cheering for Manni as I can't stand Mayweather, but I think Floyd will end up winning in the 4th round. I hope that I'm wrong. I wish it took place 3 or 4 years ago when they were both in their prime.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... e-soaring/

I can see them praying for a close fight or hoping for some controversy so they can pave the way for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao ll...........there is too much money at stake not to have another.
I think the Sport, NEEDS it to go the distance - So I'm going with Mayweather by decision ... I really don't like the fellow either - and it's kind of impossible to feel sorry for a guy with 12 Rolls-Royces and 3 Bugatti-s, but I see the sleazy people Mayweather surrounds himself with ... and I'm reminded of Mike Tyson (and look how he ended up) ...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Mayweather won the fight, but Pacquiao won the hearts of the fans. I wish someone could knock Mayweather out just to see his face......he is just so arrogant to like.
Nothing really exciting about the fight, but I'm glad it finally happened.
I don't know if we need to see a sequel as it wasn't a thrilling fight to watch, but I'm sure the promoters are thinking about it. I don't think boxing has seen a bigger hyped fight since the days of Tyson.

MikeS
Admiral

#4 Post by MikeS »

I don't quite understand how Mayweather pulls it off, big bucks for generally boring fights. The smaller guys are usually not that interesting to watch, IMO. I did enjoy watching De la Hoya, Pazienza, Gatti, Ward, ... many others.

I prefer fighters like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Norton, Holyfield, Lewis, Jones Jr, Camacho, Klitschko bros, Mancini, ...

The greatest hamburger maker of all time - Foreman.
MikeS