March Madness

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

March Madness

#1 Post by KENJI »

I know March Madness is a sensitive topic around here with the Conch /COZI's MPI March Madness Show being shut down, but I'm curious on everyone's predictions for who will be in the NCAA final four, the finals and the overall winner.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: March Madness

#2 Post by Steve »

Anyone but Kentucky and I would love to see Wisconsin vs. UCLA in the finals (I know, not a big college basketball expert here)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

My team lost last night so as long as Duke doesn't win I'll be happy. We had it up until the last five minutes and choked!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

KENJI wrote:I know March Madness is a sensitive topic around here with the Conch /COZI's MPI March Madness Show being shut down, but I'm curious on everyone's predictions for who will be in the NCAA final four, the finals and the overall winner.
A year ago this date was the final night of my March Magnum Madness Sweet Sixteen. The lineup:

8:00 PM - No Need to Know
9:00 PM - Woman Beach
10:00 PM - Lest We Forget
11:00 PM - Jororo Kill

:(
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:
KENJI wrote:I know March Madness is a sensitive topic around here with the Conch /COZI's MPI March Madness Show being shut down, but I'm curious on everyone's predictions for who will be in the NCAA final four, the finals and the overall winner.
A year ago this date was the final night of my March Magnum Madness Sweet Sixteen. The lineup:

8:00 PM - No Need to Know
9:00 PM - Woman Beach
10:00 PM - Lest We Forget
11:00 PM - Jororo Kill

:(
Sorry Conch for opening up that wound again.....it was sweet while it lasted and you went out as a champion in our books!

Dave Anderson
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Dave Anderson »

I preferred the Magnum version. I have zero interest in basketball.

Lance Mannion
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Lance Mannion »

Steve wrote:Anyone but Kentucky and I would love to see Wisconsin vs. UCLA in the finals (I know, not a big college basketball expert here)
On Wisconsin !!! Former Badger here (Seriously I played Ball for them in the late 80's ... Sadly mostly just riding the pine bench :-) Still a good excuse to break out my old uniform - Not as cool as TM's Naval Academy gear though ...

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

Lance Mannion wrote:
Steve wrote:Anyone but Kentucky and I would love to see Wisconsin vs. UCLA in the finals (I know, not a big college basketball expert here)
On Wisconsin !!! Former Badger here (Seriously I played Ball for them in the late 80's ... Sadly mostly just riding the pine bench :-) Still a good excuse to break out my old uniform - Not as cool as TM's Naval Academy gear though ...
Even though I am an ex-Golden Gopher I am still rooting for them. I wonder how many folks are for Kentucky or Duke, perhaps we will see an all Big Ten (I know showing my age) final............

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#9 Post by Doc Ibold »

Go Spartans - Actually anyone but Duke.

I wouldn't be miffed if Wisconsin won, though.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by 308GUY »

"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KENJI »

Lance Mannion wrote:
Hi Lance,

You must be really happy with Wisconsin's win over Kentucky! :D
Kentucky almost had a perfect season too.
Good luck in the final against Duke!!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/04/us/ncaa-final-four/

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Steve »

That Wisconsin/Kentucky game was great. ON WISCONSIN!!!! It was looking good for Michigan State in the first few minutes in the first game... (Sorry, Doc)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#13 Post by Doc Ibold »

They screwed the pooch on that one, LOL.

It was a State loyalty, not my alma mater, so not too crushed. It would have been nice if they hit my bracket squares though!

:lol:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by 308GUY »

A little late, but still funny!

Only In Kentucky

The year is 2024 and the United States has just elected the first woman as President of the United States, and she is from Kentucky!

A few days after the election, the president-elect calls her father in Kentucky and asks, "So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?"

"I don't think so. It's a long drive; your mom isn't as young as she used to be, we'll have the dog with us, and my arthritis is acting up in my knee."

"Don't worry about it, Dad, I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home, and a limousine will pick you up at your door," she said.

"I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?"

"Oh, Dad," she replied, "I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by one of the best designers in N.Y."

"Honey," Dad complained, "You know we can't eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat."

The President-elect responded, "Don't worry, Dad. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in D.C. And I'll ensure your meals are salt-free."

So her parents reluctantly agreed, and on Jan. 20, 2024 arrived to see their daughter sworn in as President of the United States. The parents of the new President are seated in the front row. The President's dad sees that a Senator is sitting next to him and leans over and whispers, "You see that woman up there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States?"

The Senator whispered in reply, "Yes, sir, I sure do."

Dad says proudly,

"Her brother played basketball for The University of Kentucky"

:magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by KENJI »

Good one 308!

Sorry Lance about the loss. Your Badgers put up a good fight though.

I wonder if Shangri-La..... http://www.shangrilahawaii.org/ has a Duke NCAA Championship banner attached to the front gate. :wink: