Serious Series DVD Discount?

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Serious Series DVD Discount?

#1 Post by 308GUY »

Not sure what the "catch" might be, or even if there is one, but just thought I'd post this here in case anybody was interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnum-P-I-The- ... 20e8f1f674

Don't know how they can offer it so much cheaper than anybody else, have to wonder if it's "real" or not.

Seller has only been a member since Feb., but has about 98% positive feedback, with over 600 ratings.

Ships from within the states for free!

Would be interested in any info anybody else may have or comes to find out.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Serious Series DVD Discount?

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

Seems sketchy to me.

Either it isn't brand new (which.. if the discs all work.. who cares?), or it's hot.

I would have drooled to pay that price for the full series looking back on what I paid for mine originally. But.. it is one of my prized possesions and I wouldn't give it up!

(I would invest in a Blu-Ray version, though)

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by No need to know! »

That was really cheap.

The sad thing with most tv series is really the lack of good special features. I am talking about audio commentary with the stars of course. But also interviews, and maybe some behind the scenes footage. We rarely see that.
How difficult can it be to bring in Selleck and the others for some commentary? That would really make me interested. Otherwise i probably wont buy a future Bluray release. The DVD is good enough.
Onion´s extra?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

You wrote,

"That was really cheap.
The sad thing with most tv series is really the lack of good special features. I am talking about audio commentary with the stars of course. But also interviews, and maybe some behind the scenes footage. We rarely see that.
How difficult can it be to bring in Selleck and the others for some commentary? That would really make me interested. Otherwise i probably wont buy a future Bluray release. The DVD is good enough".

I couldnt agree with you more, the cast and crew owe it to fans and posterity to offer their insights.
The best example is the commentaries Robert Culp did for (the DVD release) the I SPY episodes he wrote, just great!
You could watch the episode, then another version of it with no audio, instead you heard Culp commenting in detail as the visual part of it unspools before you. It was like taking a college course on writing for television.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by 308GUY »

Just ran across this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNUM-PI-Compl ... 58c0ca9f34
in case anybody's interested.

I'm tempted to take a chance myself, but I already have two full sets! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"